User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    Fair enough. A main source of friction with two ENFPs I know was that they'd jump to generalizations on limited, very subjective information and get mad when called on it. I chalked it up to immaturity.

also fair enough, that's most likely...i tend to be the opposite of what you describe, i'm very sensitive towards generalizations and generally make a rather large effort to come across as such.

regardless i find it only marginally annoying in comparison to the fire that the ones i know like to bring out in me for fun, which is part of why I find them to be great matches for me over all..that was more what I was trying to get at. looking back at that post, that was probably the most offhanded compliment ever. Oops!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    There might be some reason why a NF man might want a NT women, but other than INFP's going "you INTP"s are so like me!", I have no idea what any of those reasons might be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    I have read a lot about how NF's are supposed to match romantically with NT's. This makes no sense to me. My husband is an ESFJ or an ENFJ and he is wonderful. Every NT I have know has been arrogant and cold, lost in politics and their own projects, not open to other points of view at all. Why in the world do the books match up NF's and NT's?
    Well, and you illustrate perfectly the shortcomings of mbti. Most things in the end boil down to individual preferences and quirks. Mbti only goes so far.

To contrast myself with you, I love NT's and they have been some of my closest friends (the NT's I befriend are also a far cry from arrogant and cold, although certainly that breed of NT exists. But I must point out I've encountered some *very* unsavory NF's as well. ) I also prefer dating NT's over NF's. To each their own.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by WoodsWoman View Post
    Maturity matters - with maturity comes balance.
    A smart and emotionally mature person is very attractive regardless of what type they are.

I could see how an NT/NF pairing theoretically might work, with the F providing the conscience and the T providing the reason.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    ENFP

I find myself romantically attracted to NT's ...yet I can't seem to understand them. It causes for a bit of a problem. But hey, I guess life is meant to have a little challenge, right? Who knows, someday it might work out...? (Yes, keep telling yourself that...)

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    I have read a lot about how NF's are supposed to match romantically with NT's. This makes no sense to me. My husband is an ESFJ or an ENFJ and he is wonderful. Every NT I have know has been arrogant and cold, lost in politics and their own projects, not open to other points of view at all. Why in the world do the books match up NF's and NT's?
    It can work between the right NF and the right NT.

I think.

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Some of my best friends are NT's. My best friend is INTJ.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelholic View Post
    Well, from my own experience, NT's are infuriatingly annoying. I have a couple NT friends who have had crushes or expressed interest in me but I couldn't imagine dating them as they had problematic personality issues that would become a big problem in a relationship (mostly an abrasive personality and always being kind of high strung.) They're good friends and we work well together on projects and what not, I'd just never want to date the NTs that I've met.

Most of my romantic relationships have been NFs
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    shared N, balanced out T and F. I think it works well when the NF balances out the T of the NT and vice versa. Personally, I think NT_NF is often a bad combo for balanced F_T NF's.

INFJ's and INTJ's are quite similar, and seem to fit very well together.

I've heard/read a number of NF women, usually NFP's, talk about how, umm, not level-headed??? they are, and how they need a strong T to help show them ?be rational? and less ?emotionally-all-over-the-place?.

I think for NF women who find NF men too soft/mushy-whatever, NT men are a good choice. There might be some reason why a NF man might want a NT women, but other than INFP's going "you INTP"s are so like me!", I have no idea what any of those reasons might be.
    I had to laugh at these posts, but it's because I agree a bit with them....
    It has never worked with me & NTs romantically, but then I seem to get these NTs who are very neurotic with more emotional issues than any NF I have ever met. The abrasiveness & belligerence is always a dealbreaker. I see signs of it in even relatively healthy NTs. I have been drawn to INTPs because of the ne-aux connection, but something always goes awry.... I think it's best to just to keep to friends for me & NTs (although I am willing to be proven wrong, but for now I am taken by an SF).

I also resent this idea that an NF needs a T to "think" for them (and when some NFs say this themselves, I cringe). I think just fine for myself & am in control of my own emotions, thanks!

I understand the idea of someone complementing you, but often I see the T/F clashing as much as they round each other out.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

NF's not standing ? So finally my predictions come true, namely you need to be impotent for being a NF ?!
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ

Red face

I am quite fond of NT's. My sister is an INTP and my best friend of 9 years is an INTJ. I have had experiences with immature INTJ's, which was frustrating, but NT's at their best (healthy, mature) are wonderful. Great humor, and great conversation come to mind. They can also be very loving and loyal.