First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    Your sig has always said "no offense"; that's a hint. Most INTPs are abrasive and clueless about how the things they say come off to more socially sensitive types.
    Quite the contrary is true. If I was TRULY clueless about how the things I say could come off to more socially sensitive types, I probably won't have the phrase "no offense" in my sig to begin with.

I am, more or less, aware of how I can come off to others, but that doesn't mean I can always eliminate all the possibilities of offending anyone when I say things. At times, I may not be careful enough. That is when I need NF's like you to tell me to back off. Other times, it may be the NF's who are overreacting to something that wasn't meant to be an insult. Of course, everyone has their own subjective standards regarding that issue.

If I were as careless with my words as INTPs who habitually thread bomb with the "witty" snark usually are there's no other way but negative for me to have meant it because I don't beat around the bush when I don't like something. That's why it always comes off as cowardly, sideways and backbiting to me.
    You mean you consider yourself worthier than INTP's because you're not afraid to say these kind of things in this forum about NT's?:

What is up with that tendency they have to come off like insecure, pathetic little weeds?
    Intentionally baiting people with flip backhanded comments, calling them "sensitive" when they respond to said baiting with the same kind of flip must be an INTP thing? Now there's two doing it. NT sure love trying to get a rise out of NFs.
    I correctly predicted your response twice, now. Even the subtext behind it.

edit: not to mention loading your lame bait with even more personal attacks.
    If this is flirting their NTP social skills are worse than previously imagined, probably by choice. It's the equivalent of throwing a book or pulling pigtails.

It's still a cowardly trait. Say what you really mean, don't hide behind "witty", snide remarks that do nothing but reveal a tragic misunderstanding of being socially aware and insecurity.
    The NEED to come in and attempt to bait NFs or make backhanded comments about our perceived abilities in social situations displays this insecurity (like a crystal case).
    I just can't help but rag on the type who does the most cowardly personal attacks most often. Most INTPs offend my Fi with that little trait.
    I know one confirmed INTP that I always want to strangle most of the time until I guilt him into not being a jackass anymore.
    Clearly, you yourself aren't behaving very gracefully.
    Last edited by copperfish17; 08-30-2010 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Grammar Errors
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

God. I'm surrounded by asshole
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    intp

I have no sense of humor when it comes to assholes.
    Is that why you have your head way up one? So far in fact that you lost your way in replying to the follow-up questions to you in that thread to come foam at the mouth about the mean old jackass NTs there in this thread. A cowardly Vamp (lol!) indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    You jumped on INA in that thread you cited for saying something that half a dozen NFs later substantiated. Yet she was the only one you attacked (like a rabid dog). Whereupon she totally pwned your ass. We reserve the right to do that when you get snippy with us.
    I think old gal's eyesight is spotty. A sample of some would-be-jackasses-if-they were-NT comments that not only supported what I posted but went even further:

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    one's ability to intuitively draw a conclusion on social patterns is.. only as good as one's research/experience. A young NF could withdraw from people thinking he/she read something to be cautious about, when it might be that they're just not used to the new situation, and drew a conclusion from limited experiences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    i've been also guiltyy for not reading people well at all, i think this is common with NFs, too much reading into things so often we even miss point completely....
    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Quoted this because it really is important to see that it is not magic. It is a skill that needs to be practiced. I've seen people who don't understand that get into ugly places... They just take whatever their issues are and project them freely on everyone, as they "see" so much in other people.

Projection is the enemy number one with this skill

Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    You mean you consider yourself worthier than INTP's because you're not afraid to say these kind of things in this forum about NT's?
    It's amazing, really; she's a fantastic illustration of my point.

There are those who are aware of their talents and limitations and then there are those who grab on to their alleged type and conclude that they are psychics in this area, glaring examples of their error notwithstanding. I can think of one who retired in shame after all her poor - and self-serving - reading came crashing down around her. It's a matter of awareness - or lack thereof. Funny stuff, that.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    I'm surrounded by asshole
    haha
    [YOUTUBE=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZNPxxRU4Wc]Yo![/YOUTUBE]

By the way, I always knew ENFPs had the capacity for insensitivity, but you take it well beyond that into the realm of sheer ignorance Vamp, no offense intended. If I didn't know a couple ENFPs such as Satine that have acceptance, understanding and big open hearts, I would be developing some very unsavory opinions about ENFPs right about now. You do a disservice to your type.

Perhaps this thread title should be changed to "NF's not UNDERstanding NT's" ? Since that seems to be the real theme here :P

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    Quite the contrary is true. If I was TRULY clueless about how the things I say could come off to more socially sensitive types, I probably won't have the phrase "no offense" in my sig to begin with.
    That's what I was referring too. You know it's a possibility the way you say things can be misunderstood so you put a disclaimer there. So it is a possibility. This isn't crazy ENFP just babbling. There is xNTP intentional trolling going on.

I am, more or less, aware of how I can come off to others, but that doesn't mean I can always eliminate all the possibilities of offending anyone when I say things. At times, I may not be careful enough. That is when I need NF's like you to tell me to back off. Other times, it may be the NF's who are overreacting to something that wasn't meant to be an insult. Of course, everyone has their own subjective standards regarding that issue.
    The discussion here is not about YOU. It's about the INTPs that purposefully troll this section.

You mean you consider yourself worthier than INTP's because you're not afraid to say these kind of things in this forum about NT's?:
    Not at all. I mean I don't go around trolling the other sections with the same sarcastic "wit" designed to piss off NFs intentionally.

Clearly, you yourself aren't behaving very gracefully.
    I think you missed the entire point of what I was trying to say. I was talking about INTPs trolls, not you. Not considerate INTPs.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^OMG. WE. GET. IT!
    Change the record already. You really are starting to sound crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

But we could make peanut butter banana sandwiches.
    I didn't even see this post and I had one of these for breakfast today.

I'll let the NTs wonder what I did with the peel.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Slip on it?
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    ^OMG. WE. GET. IT!
    Change the record already. You really are starting to sound crazy.
    Replying to a another poster is crazy. Alright.

But replying to a post that has nothing to do with you to add nothing of interest isn't?
    Constant trolling is perfectly sane. Keep doing it. You amuse me. If I reply to you, I pull your strings and make you dance like some kind of obsessive marionette.

Also, you're WAY more of a broken record with the same lame sarcasm and attempted put downs.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

But we could make peanut butter banana sandwiches.
    wtf? thats like the same as putting ketchup in porridge..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read