First 1234 Last

Thread: Ask Saint Kat

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Regarding the bad marriage, what do you see as the implications of that on your outlook?
    I don't ever want to get married because of it and I don't see marriage as something necessary if I want children myself, because one good parent is always better than two parents who are constantly fighting and don't have any attention for you because of that.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

I understand. I'm sorry about the bad things, Kat. It's good you resolved to rise above, or at the very least try to live differently.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    I was socially isolated when I was younger. Now I'm kind of trying to win back those years in isolation.
    I can relate to that. Hmm. .. .so what's the best way to go about doing that? I have all the intent in the world to win back my lost years but I don't know where/how to start.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

is there any camping areas near amsterdam? how much train tickets cost if need to travel to some of these camping areas? is there some break at night on trains? and if so how early they start moving again?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

you sound a lot like me, I've also got Dutch blood in me somewhere. I just call it blonde, since my dad's side isn't sure.

are you me in a female body

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hi

What's the best way to deal with depression? Do you just 'get better but can relapse into it any time' or can you get 'completely cured' and it goes away?

Thanks in advance!

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    I can relate to that. Hmm. .. .so what's the best way to go about doing that? I have all the intent in the world to win back my lost years but I don't know where/how to start.
    I'm actually still working on that too. At first, I tried to contact my old friends and acquaintances, but that was a bad idea, because we all changed so much we were extremely estranged from each other. I tried getting back to the way it was, but then I realized that would never work. So instead I'm trying to meet new people. Going on vacations, getting new jobs, starting new hobbies, etc. Those are all opportunities were you can meet new people. And of course you can try to have a lot of fun with them. Trying to get online friends doesn't really work, though. Tried that, it's really a bad idea. The best way is getting to know people through hobbies.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    is there any camping areas near amsterdam? how much train tickets cost if need to travel to some of these camping areas? is there some break at night on trains? and if so how early they start moving again?
    I don't really know the campings in the Netherlands, but I'm quite sure there are camping areas near Amsterdam. I'm not from Amsterdam myself, but Dutch people are such camping freaks there must be at least one camping in or around Amsterdam. I'd try searching on Google maps. Trains in the Netherlands usually travel from 5 AM to midnight, I believe. Maybe it's different in Amsterdam.

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    Hi

What's the best way to deal with depression? Do you just 'get better but can relapse into it any time' or can you get 'completely cured' and it goes away?

Thanks in advance!
    Everyone copes with it differently, there is not just one way to cure it. I was lucky that I had someone who knew how to keep me a bit more positive, but sometimes that doesn't really work. I just forced myself to have a lot of fun and make good things happen to me. Surround myself with good things, try to keep the negative things from my life. It helped a bit, but in the end it was a really drastic change in my life that cured me. But even when I wasn't depressed anymore, it didn't mean that I was suddenly all well again. The depression was gone, but I wasn't back yet. The last part is a process that takes some time. Back in those days I compared it to cancer: when it's gone, you're still much weaker than before and there is also a chance that it comes back.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Everyone copes with it differently, there is not just one way to cure it. I was lucky that I had someone who knew how to keep me a bit more positive, but sometimes that doesn't really work. I just forced myself to have a lot of fun and make good things happen to me. Surround myself with good things, try to keep the negative things from my life. It helped a bit, but in the end it was a really drastic change in my life that cured me. But even when I wasn't depressed anymore, it didn't mean that I was suddenly all well again. The depression was gone, but I wasn't back yet. The last part is a process that takes some time. Back in those days I compared it to cancer: when it's gone, you're still much weaker than before and there is also a chance that it comes back.
    Thanks for this! The people I know who are in depression seem to be stuck in it. It's nice to know that you can overcome it

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Well, nothing is impossible. Just try to help them, do fun things with them, make them believe in themselves even if they don't want you to. In the end they'll be grateful for you forever, just like I am for the few people who helped me.
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

- Someone who grew up in a family where the parents had a bad marriage

my parents had a bad marriage, its funny, I never really noticed it until the day they told they were getting a divorce. Could you tell your parents had a bad marriage while you where growing up or did it take a while?
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"