• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFPs - Do you keep your environment clutter free?

Do you keep your environment clutter free? INFPs only

• Yes, I'm constantly getting rid of the clutter, and keeping it under control.

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • No, the clutter piles up, and I sort through it when I get inspired.

Votes: 37 58.7%
  • I'm not an INFP, but I wanted to vote, too.

Votes: 20 31.7%

• Total voters

heykitten

MBTI Type
INFP
i love, love, love organising (things that are important to me). and lists! i love categorising things into their own little label. school stationary is an absolute joy for me. colour-coded highlights! folders! squeee.

in accordance, my environmental is selectively tidy (semi-neat, might need a light dusting) because my room is important to me & i try to maintain a clutterfree environment. though, this is so entirely subjective on what is clutter-free, i have books stacked high on top of each other in unsteady towers, but to me, they are just right. i like the ambiance it creates. of bookworm leanings & wanderings. & i have designated areas of where each item goes. but again, it may seem disorganised -- i store my shoes on the bottom rung of my bookshelf! in semi-misaligned neat rows, so i could stare at how pretty my shoes are in the daylight. tear off images from magazines on my wall & cork boards to form a pastiche of everything-i-adore-and-makes-me-happy. my drawers, however, are disorganised & cluttered to the max, just as long i know where they [set items] are. hey, as long as they stay closed, right?

i don't think i could stand a cluttered home (e.g. clothes on the floor, dishes eternally unwashed, misc. objects not where they are suppose to be). i don't mind messiness but i can't tolerate such an environment for months on end.

however, this perception is entirely dependent on the situation. if i am depressed, it can be an absolute hole. & often the clutter overwhelms my thinking, putting things away often helps counteract the mind clutter. tidy room = focused mind effect.

oh, & i store all my unwanted clothes, knick knacks in my brothers room, being an INTP it is so irrelevant to him, and his room is normally a manic mess. it works!

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
oh, & i store all my unwanted clothes, knick knacks in my brothers room, being an INTP it is so irrelevant to him, and his room is normally a manic mess. it works!
It might work, but that's *cheating* :devil: !

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
i love, love, love organising (things that are important to me). and lists! i love categorising things into their own little label. school stationary is an absolute joy for me. colour-coded highlights! folders! squeee. ...
Sounds wonderful!
Do you have a good amount of "J" then, that helps you with that, do you think?

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
By the way: I love stationery too, and color-coded stuff, and folders and all that kind of things. I love *buying* them, that is :cool: :rolli:

heart

heart on fire
Once I dated an INTJ, and she mentioned that she could always spot the INFPs in her college dorm by their "rat's nest" of clutter at their bedside.

lol, guilty as charged...

100_1881.jpg

The date is wrong, the picture was taken today. I share that bed with a J, can you imagine...

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
I share that bed with a J, can you imagine...
If it were me you shared it with, all you'd have to worry about would be me stealing your books one by one to read them, and leaving them in *other* places in the house :D

heart

heart on fire
If it were me you shared it with, all you'd have to worry about would be me stealing your books one by one to read them, and leaving them in *other* places in the house :D

:smile: Oh, he's too scared to go over there for the most part. I get a lecture on it every now and then and I have tried to limit it.

heykitten

MBTI Type
INFP
:wubbie: at your book 'collection/nest' heart.

Wandering, he doesn't mind (or never really cares to mention the mess). Sometimes I feel the need to tidy his room up, but hey, why not throw my mess in with his; textbooks, clothes, misc. paper & objects, along with my soft toys and art supplies. ha.

INTJMom: I'm not a J at all. I think it's one of those areas where I am overly organised to compensate for my disorganised self. I always lose items & forget things, names, important events, etc. It's a way of compensating.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
lol, guilty as charged...

100_1881.jpg

The date is wrong, the picture was taken today. I share that bed with a J, can you imagine...

LMAO! Positive rep points for that! :D And everyone else who posted pictures! :hug:

INFPs, do you keep your environment clutter-free?

*Amy Winehouse chorus* No, no, no...

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
As my mom used to say.. My room looks like a bomb went off in it. I have paths leading here and there.

To me tho, it's an organized mess.. I know basically where everything is, even if i have to dig under 50 other things to reach it. Nothing drive me nuts more then someone else coming in and cleaning up.. Usually takes me days to make a mess of it all in an attempt to figure out where everything went.

Every now and then tho I'll get in my moods and clean the place to the point where you can eat off every surface, if you were so inclined.

Then again certain things I'm almost OCD about keeping clean. The inside of my computer's case is spotless, even if you can't see the surface of my desk through all the papers, pens, tools, etc.

My files(325,526) are all organized by category(30,952 folders), my music is grouped by type, then artist, then album. I absolutely hate a million icons on my desktop as well(only 15 atm), instead I have folders where all my shortcuts are kept(well over 100 of them). I have 1.25TB of hard drive space, when I run out I usually just add another hard drive, or get a bigger one and transfer everything over, and if I can't do that, then I burn it to CD/DVD.. Of which I probably have around 1000 kickin around.

My car is the same way.. The outside is usually spotless, the inside however.. Well it usually takes me about 10mins to clean it enough that someone else can get in it as well. I love tinted windows :D

90% of the stuff I have lying around or in my car is just odds and ends I've collected. Things that I can't seem to throw away because I may find a use for it later.

Of course High School did nothing for me beyond strength the whole idea of not throwing things away. If any of my friends needed anything they usually came to me to search my trunk for it, and they usually found it... Plus it also doesn't help that I'm constantly being asked to fix things for people, so having stuff layin around that I can use, or twist to a degree that it's use able as a replacement for something else just further strengthens my pack-rat nature.. :D

I don't think I've made my bed in about 10yrs, unless I've just washed the sheets/blanket etc.. Don't see the point, so I can't be bothered.

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
My files(325,526)
:shock:

are all organized by category(30,952 folders),
:shock: :eek:

... instead I have folders where all my shortcuts are kept(well over 100 of them).
:shock: :eek: :shock:

I have 1.25TB of hard drive space,
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm feeling weak :cry: ... I thought I was a rat pack, but I see now that I have barely started walking on the road to true rat-pack-ness :cry: :cry: !

Mind you, I don't think there is ANYTHING in the ENTIRE world that I could do or give to my husband that would be enough to get him to furnish my computer with a 1.25TB hard drive :rolli: :D