User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you keep your environment clutter free? INFPs only

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm constantly getting rid of the clutter, and keeping it under control.

6 9.38%
  • No, the clutter piles up, and I sort through it when I get inspired.

38 59.38%
  • I'm not an INFP, but I wanted to vote, too.

20 31.25%
First 6789 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    terabyte

Ahh... Wandering beat me to it and with a good explanation, which I failed to do!
    And a wiki link, too! She's incredible!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    And a wiki link, too! She's incredible!
    No, I'm just a show-off And you're providing me with positive reinforcement for my attention-whoring

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    BTW, Welcome, Ender!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    Tera. 1 TB is 1 Terabyte, which is 1000 Gigabytes (1000 GB) or 1 million Megabytes (1 000 000 MB).

(For some reason I can't shake the feeling that something is wrong in that sentence... )
    Only thing wrong with that is probably the same old Operating System reported size vs Hard Drive manufactures reported size spiel that confuses most people really.

As far as OS's are concern 1MB is 1024Bytes.

HDD manufactures on the other hand say that 1MB is 1000Bytes.

So when you buy a 1TB drive and install it, your OS will tell you its a 976.6GB drive.

Wikipedia is going by the Manufactures sizing philosophy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    INFP

That picture with the books piled next to the bed made me feel at home. There is something so immensely comforting about books in scattered piles on the floor. One time I had my entire bedroom floor covered in books. Its the perfect representation of my mind.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I've discovered that the only way to minimize the cycle is to minimize all my possessions. A few moves in rapid succession helped with this. The first move got rid of obvious junk. The second move got rid of subtle junk. The third move got rid of non-junk that I didn't use that much. The fourth move got rid of all non-book non-essentials. The breakthrough came for me when I identified as junk all possessions which I used to define who I want to be as opposed to who I actually am.
    Brilliant! I'll really try to use that technique! I'm a cronical clutter, too. Although I actually find it easier and easier to get rid of things. I also detest things that are purely decoration and has no practical use - they (if present) add to the clutter without adding any value (in my view). The only decoration items I like (and actually collect) are lanterns...

I sometimes see articles of other peoples homes, and am amazed by the amount of decorations found there (pots, vases, pictures, pillows, table cloths etc). I can't use any of these things - they would soon just drown in clutter and the "decoration effect" is totally counter-effective. Sure, I try to put up photos of my family and ancestors (at least I don't clutter the walls as I do any horizontal surface!), but it often just stays on the planning stage (or perhaps being halfway framed lying in my closet or elsewhere).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I am not cluttered. I don't have a problem throwing out most things, although i do have a few things that i just won't get rid of. It was hard for me to get rid of the baby clothes that my son just grew out of. However i am EXTREMELY messy.

For example when coming home from the store or somewhere: I walk in the door, toss my keys in one direction, take off my jacket and toss it over the couch. I take my pants off and leave them where i took them off, they might even stay there for days. My room is covered in clothes that i tried on, but was too lazy to hang back up. If you look in my living room right now the scrabble game that i played 2 weeks ago is still on the table, because i don't feel like putting it away. There is a bra hanging off the couch and all my shoes that usually belong in the closet are all piled up by the door.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Garivande View Post
    Brilliant! I'll really try to use that technique! I'm a cronical clutter, too. Although I actually find it easier and easier to get rid of things. I also detest things that are purely decoration and has no practical use - they (if present) add to the clutter without adding any value (in my view). The only decoration items I like (and actually collect) are lanterns...

I sometimes see articles of other peoples homes, and am amazed by the amount of decorations found there (pots, vases, pictures, pillows, table cloths etc). I can't use any of these things - they would soon just drown in clutter and the "decoration effect" is totally counter-effective. Sure, I try to put up photos of my family and ancestors (at least I don't clutter the walls as I do any horizontal surface!), but it often just stays on the planning stage (or perhaps being halfway framed lying in my closet or elsewhere).
    Welcome to MBTIc. We have a welcome forum where we'd love to get to know you better. Just start a thread and tell us a little about yourself!

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-introduction/

MBTI
    INFP

Hahaha no wai :'D

My room is very cluttered most of the time with books, lots of notebooks, clothes etc. and I don't really notice~
    And the cats (they are really elephants) like to play with what ever I have on the floor :rolli:

Sometimes I think 'ha, I'll put everything in the right places and clean up', but of course it's not that easy
    I'll start somewhere, there's stuff I don't have a place right now so I'll just put it there with the other stuff. Eventually I get the one place in order, with more piles in other places. At this point I'm bored or tired and go do something else, and my room is not so much less cluttered

MBTI
    INTJ

I know what you mean!

MBTI
    iNfP

I hate the mess I live in. My husband was an INTJ/INTP when we were first dating. Somewhere along the way, he's lost the J.... I think he only had it to begin with because ALL of his family are "J"s, so he knew no other way to operate. He's was really clsoe on that one to begin with.

Oh, my point is that I can relate to him better now, but I misss the J to help me make decisions. I need help making a decision/convincing to throw stuff away. I want to, but I have trouble deciding. he's also kind of a packrat. Ugh! I have it. I am too perfectionistic to clean. I start in the kitchen, but then I end up rearranging drawers and stuff rather than doiong the dishes. I am a mess lol