User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you keep your environment clutter free? INFPs only

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm constantly getting rid of the clutter, and keeping it under control.

6 9.38%
  • No, the clutter piles up, and I sort through it when I get inspired.

38 59.38%
  • I'm not an INFP, but I wanted to vote, too.

20 31.25%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

I kept my things put away and neat when I didn't own very much, but after the third child...

MBTI
    yupp

everything is cluttered because when I begin to clean i get overwhelmed and take a nap hoping when i get up my room will be clean and laundry done (I don't mind laundry I just hate cleaning rooms because I'm not sure where to put stuff and don't want to throw any of it out)
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP

I selected option #2 but in most circumstances it depends.

I'm more inclined to feel annoyed if the community areas are cluttered such as the kitchen/bathroom/living room as opposed to my own room. My only real issue lies in the kitchen sink - dishes that underwent a half-assed cleaning job irritate me to no end. I mean Jesus, your almost there buddy. An extra five seconds would of made it immaculate. In regards to my room, I have clothes littering the floor, glasses cluttering my desk, papers & books grazing around, etc. A picture would really do my room justice. Alas, I've lost my battery charger for my camera.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Not sure how many of you there are, but I was just wondering.

My INFP sister was always messy, would always leave her clothes on the floor, and even today suffers from trying to save all the memorabilia from her children's lives as they grow. It's almost impossible for her to get rid of things because they have so much sentimental value.

How about you?
    I keep books and letters for sentimental value, the rest I'm glad to get rid, when I remember they exist. I don't seem to notice the clutter until it starts to interfere with my life or my family's life. When that happens, I start to clean and organize franticly. It doesn't last long though. The problem in keeping myself organized is that I have to follow a routine, soon I'm tired of it and start to miss doing things on the spur of the moment (i.e. postpone cleaning a room in order to read or reflect).

I have a schedule for the next six months though . It was revised by my INTJ friend. I'm hoping to be able to do everything I need and have some kind of life. Let's see if it works, the longest I kept a cleaning/organizing routine was three months; it made me miserable and I decided to quit.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

Clutter makes my body feel "groggy," and can be mentally distracting. Every so often I let a mess build up because of laziness, but I soon feel inspired to clean again that I can feel airy and simple. While I am actually very unorganized, tidying up gives me a false sense of control. Also, just about all my friends are IXXP's too, and they are all significantly messier than me.
    "Why had he never appreciated what a miracle he was, brain and nerve and bounding heart?"

RDF

My wife and I (both INFPs) are at polar opposites on this. My wife is one step away from becoming one of those old ladies who is discovered one day in her home crushed to death under a fallen pile of her own clutter. I, on the other hand, got used to carrying everything I owned on my back during my years in the military, and I got used to sorting through my belongings and discarding everything that wasn't absolutely necessary.

But for purposes of the poll, I voted as a clutterer. I've always kind of taken it for granted that INFPs enjoy a bit of clutter. Once I dated an INTJ, and she mentioned that she could always spot the INFPs in her college dorm by their "rat's nest" of clutter at their bedside. I had to admit that I do like to have things right at hand by the bedside, so I guess I'm a closet clutterer too.
    Last edited by RDF; 01-03-2008 at 12:47 PM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    ... she could always spot the INFPs in her college dorm by their "rat's nest" of clutter at their bedside.
    Guilty as charged...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    My wife and I (both INFPs) are at polar opposites on this. My wife is one step away from becoming one of those old ladies who is discovered one day in her home crushed to death under a fallen pile of her own clutter. I, on the other hand, got used to carrying everything I owned on my back during my years in the military, and I got used to sorting through my belongings and discarding everything that wasn't absolutely necessary.

But for purposes of the poll, I voted as a clutterer. I've always kind of taken it for granted that INFPs enjoy a bit of clutter. Once I dated an INTJ, and she mentioned that she could always spot the INFPs in her college dorm by their "rat's nest" of clutter at their bedside. I had to admit that I do like to have things right at hand by the bedside, so I guess I'm a closet clutterer too.
    Yeah, same here. Maybe I really am an INFP! I don't feel very F-ey these days though. Must be all the time I've spent around INTPs.

I wouldn't say that I enjoy the clutter, though- frankly, it makes me hyperventilate a little bit, and if I could have any wish magically granted... well, first, I'd wish to be 135 lbs with all of my limbs intact (no monkey's paw wishes here!). But if I could have TWO! wishes magically granted, I'd wish to be 135 pounds and have the ability to keep a tidy, uncluttered household.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP

I don't like clutter, especially where I work. I threw out the microwave in the kitchen the other day because I couldn't stand the extra stuff. My office is borderline sterile. The accusations often fly, "A clean desk is a sign of someone who is not working." Also, I think that if I leave indicators there's a risk that someone will understand me before I do.

MBTI
    INtP

I'm a serial clutterer. I have literally years worth of holiday/birthday cards stacked up on top of my entertainment center, at least partly because I'd feel guilty throwing them away (eventually I'll get around to it, but clearly not a high priority). I've gone years without actually folding clothes - I've always been relatively fastidious about personal cleanliness, but the "clean clothes pile" and the "dirty clothes pile" were sufficient. Mom would be happy to know I've broken that little habit . Stacks of books in random places are not unusual, and I've got a couple piles of old 80's-era clothes that I haven't gotten around to donating to somewhere worthwhile (and I'm not kidding myself that I won't get some silly attachment to some of them, even knowing I'll never wear them again).

At least part of it is, I think, that I live alone and have more room than stuff. There's simply not a whole lot of incentive to go and keep things tidy - if either I lived in a small space (a dorm room) or lived with someone who it bothered, it wouldn't be a terribly huge deal for me to get things picked up.