• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] Dreamers

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
How often do you fantasize/daydream/imagine/envision throughout your day?
How vivid are these images?
Do you find these images to be out of your reach, or even far fetched?
Do these images give you hope or despair (a sense of hopelessness)?

It doesn't necessarily have to be sexual, but instead based on aspiration or affinity; Desire for something that is not within your grasp or control.

Yearning for love can be the keyword to get people going.

P

Phantonym

Whenever I get the chance.

Not very, when it comes to details. It's more about the feeling, like being wrapped up in something warm that gives comfort. An all-embracing presence.

No, not at all. I've never really indulged in dreaming about something that is completely unattainable. I consider that to be somewhat of a waste of time and it can bring my mood down. I need something that can be attained, something to work towards.

Mostly hope. They're something to move towards, they give me focus. Letting my mind wander in dreams that are not within my grasp bring me down.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Not that often -- only when I'm relaxed.

Not exactly vivid, just very atmospheric.

Well, it usually involves me traveling the world or settling down in a foreign country having a completely different life, which would require loads of money that I don't have :D So I guess the answer would be yes, they're pretty far-fetched.

Hope :)

I think it might be true that INFJs live in the future. I always daydream about the future and very rarely recollect the past.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

Depends on what im doing. If i dont have much distracting me i can do this pretty much all the time

They can be really vivid, but usually i concentrate on the feelings on the imagined situation.

yes

Sometimes the feelings that i get from these imaginations are so strong that i can act on them like they were really happening, even tho im all by myself. So yes.

ps. i got pretty strong Fi for an intp, maybe it has something to do with this

Virulence

MBTI Type
INFJ
Whenever I don't need to be consciously focused on doing something.

Very vivid. Conversations, imagining being in an awesome place, or thinking about spending time with a friend and how much of a good time we could have. They're always driven by emotion, though, and what I feel about a dream is always clearer than the image it creates.

It depends entirely on what I'm thinking about. Sometimes, no. For the most part, yes.

Hope. I've seen and done enough to know that anything can happen, even if what I want seems miles out of reach. It just means I have to build the highway one inch at a time and curve it when I have to.

soft

MBTI Type
infp
i can't really say. i never really realize when i'm day dreaming, but it's pretty much constantly throughout the day. my head is in the clouds pretty much whenever i'm not interacting with people.
ehh, somewhat vivid. but sometimes vivid enough that just for a moment i actually convince myself that i'm really experiencing it.

some of them. some day dreams i'm just looking forward to a scenario that i know will happen and fantasizing that it will go perfectly.

both. some of them get me really happy until i realize that they probably won't happen, or are near impossible.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Almost all the time. Even when I'm busy.

Very vivid.

I don't fantasize about things I can never reach. Most of them are almost out of reach, but still reachable if you search for a good solution.

None of both. They're about the things I want and all the possible ways I can get these things.

It doesn't necessarily have to be sexual, but instead based on aspiration or affinity; Desire for something that is not within your grasp or control.

Nope, I never fantasize about love or sex. These things really are impossible to reach and thinking about them makes me feel bad about myself.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP

Almost every moment. I'm doing it right now. :)

They're not really vivid, per se. I don't have a lot of mental clarity but they do become "real" and have continuity.

Yes.

Both. Right now, I daydream/trance out to give myself a reason to continue. They are future oriented but some of them depress me because reality will never be as good.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Often enough to take up all the time I'm not working or sleeping...

Anywhere from just the thoughts to full CG simulation.

Some are, some aren't, some I just don't feel I have the energy for.

Some will give me hope, but whether I get the dispare immediately or at cool down, it still happens.

Sex and love probably take up half of the reel, though...

Cephalonimbus

MBTI Type
INFP
Most of the time. I very much live in my head and whenever i don't have to focus on an activity, it happens to some degree.

Quite, but they're not so much visual as emotional. The feeling it gives me is more powerful than the image. I'm not that good at visualizing things very vividly anyway, it's always like a very faded picture with a lot of things missing. But the feelings can be strong.

I hardly ever daydream about unattainable things, but rather about things i'm currently missing in my life such as love, affection and sex. Or i daydream about scenarios where i interact with people who aren't currently in my presence, like a mental rehearsal for future interactions or something. In that respect, you could say they're momentarily out of my reach.

Hope. I suppose daydreaming is my preferred form of escapism. I was only when i was mentally very unstable that i imagined scenarios that got me down, but that was because in my mind they were unattainable at the time.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
My dreams can be about anything, and I can daydream sporadically throughout the entire day. My dreams are never vivid, they are fast paced images of possibilities and improbabilities of what is likely to be the outcome of my dream if I ever was to put it to work. The improbabilities are based on past experiences and most often money issues. Sometimes I can have dreams that I feel is too immature, or too far fetched, or too much of a cliché - to put to work. My problem is that I WANT my dreams to come through, but I CANNOT do it because there's always some little tiny detail that screws everything up for me. And that has a lot to do with why I am often depressed. Especially if I follow up on these dreams, and they fail.

My dreams are usually based on love and all that mushy shit men aren't supposed to talk about.

Spastic_Blondie

MBTI Type
ENFP

Constantly. Sometimes it's hard to pay attention to the details of what's going on around me...or to focus on my work.

Sometimes they can be really vivid. I like to imagine things as if all five of my senses are involved because that makes it seem more real. But sometimes I just imagine the feeling of the emotion itself and how fulfilling it would be.

Very often, yes. Something that is easy to attain...for some reason I appreciate it less.

A lot of despair when I think of how hard it will be to achieve them and that I may never achieve them. However, imagining these desires are real helps to escape from the banality of everyday life, which I tend to get bored with and am generally never satisfied with. So it does give me a good feeling. Not really hope so much as an imagined fulfillment. The fantasy can be exciting for me.

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

1. I don't think there's a moment in my day when I'm NOT fantasizing or daydreaming or imagining. The wheels never stop turning up there.

2. Pretty vivid. I like to imagine the mood and everything that's going on.

3. Yes, absolutely. But, that is in fact why I dream of them. I don't dream of realistic things happening very often. That is, in fact, why it's a 'dream.'

4. Somewhat both. I often daydream about love and finding true love. It gives me hope, knowing that there is someone out there for me. But, then it also gives me despair when I see people happy with their boyfriends, while I'm perpetually single and it makes me fear that I will be for the rest of my life. :cry:

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I enjoy daydreaming, I don't actually know how much I daydream.

My dreams are vivid, they get me very excited and agitated, sometimes melancholic.

Are my dreams out of reach?
Yes. Why would I dream of something in reach?! I rarely do that.

I dream of the future, about how cars and building will be, about true love, about the perfect society, justice, discovering something and winning a prize for discovering something, being popular, getting laid all the time, I dream of things that I have a very small chance of doing, things that most likely will never happen to me. I dream about buying my own appartment, buying a car and having sex in it. I dream of being smarter. I dream of being loved and admired. Of being a leader.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
My powers of visulization suck big time, so I wouldn't say I daydream in the sense that I actually see myself doing this or that in the future or an alternate reality.

Or at least not without some effort.

Sailboat

MBTI Type
INFJ
Constantly. I am always thinking/dreaming about something unless I am sleeping.
They can be really vivid, or really dim. It depends on how strongly I feel about what I am daydreaming about.
Sometimes, yes. Like when I visit a galaxy far, far away.
Most of what I daydream about brings me happiness, so I would say mostly hope and hopeful. If I am feeling down, and I am daydreaming (which I bet I am), that tends to make me feel more like shit, so that's where the hopelessness comes in.

Kriash

Resident Apple Hoarder
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3

I daydream constantly...

Generally both my daydreams and my regular dreams are very vivid, although sometimes they are more of a feeling and less detail oriented. But yeah, conversations, places, people, storylines, all in my daydreams and dreams.

Some of them are pretty far fetched, and others are very, very possible. I guess it might relate to my mood, and if I want to escape reality.

Most of my daydreams and dreams give me hope, but a few are a little hopeless.

My dreams are rarely ever sexual.

HoneyBlossom

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Always, as a kid and teenager I was still daydreaming but sometime I do focus but to be honest daydreaming make me feel energized and happy than without daydreaming.

It’s depend how strongly feel about what am daydreaming but when I’m spending time alone sometime I do have vivid imagination but when I’m not alone then not that much but when I’m quiet then sometime or kinda I do have vivid imagination.

Sometime when I’m daydreaming about romance, career, friendship but my daydreaming is more focused fantasy than reality daydreaming so its depend but more is fantasy

Can be both but I daydreaming about traveling, ideas, my relationships ( taken ) finish the game ( video games ) this gave me hopeful and possibilities but friendship sometimes gave me despair because I’m struggling make friends easily and they hardly misunderstand me and sometime being determined can be both but more is hope.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
It's strange... I'm an INFJ but I don't daydream very often.

I wonder why this is.