User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Dreamers

MBTI
    INFP

How often do you fantasize/daydream/imagine/envision throughout your day?
    Most of the time. I very much live in my head and whenever i don't have to focus on an activity, it happens to some degree.

How vivid are these images?
    Quite, but they're not so much visual as emotional. The feeling it gives me is more powerful than the image. I'm not that good at visualizing things very vividly anyway, it's always like a very faded picture with a lot of things missing. But the feelings can be strong.

Do you find these images to be out of your reach, or even far fetched?
    I hardly ever daydream about unattainable things, but rather about things i'm currently missing in my life such as love, affection and sex. Or i daydream about scenarios where i interact with people who aren't currently in my presence, like a mental rehearsal for future interactions or something. In that respect, you could say they're momentarily out of my reach.

Do these images give you hope or despair (a sense of hopelessness)?
    Hope. I suppose daydreaming is my preferred form of escapism. I was only when i was mentally very unstable that i imagined scenarios that got me down, but that was because in my mind they were unattainable at the time.
    ik sprokkel wat dagen, drop baggage,
    soms heb ik geen zin om die koffers te dragen,
    ik laat los, los het op, word onzichtbaar
    en geef de buitenlucht wat ruimte terug
    dus.. nu zit ik op m'n fiets alsof het niets is,
    maar niets kan toch niet uit zichzelf pedalen laten draaien?

~ Typhoon

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

My dreams can be about anything, and I can daydream sporadically throughout the entire day. My dreams are never vivid, they are fast paced images of possibilities and improbabilities of what is likely to be the outcome of my dream if I ever was to put it to work. The improbabilities are based on past experiences and most often money issues. Sometimes I can have dreams that I feel is too immature, or too far fetched, or too much of a cliché - to put to work. My problem is that I WANT my dreams to come through, but I CANNOT do it because there's always some little tiny detail that screws everything up for me. And that has a lot to do with why I am often depressed. Especially if I follow up on these dreams, and they fail.

My dreams are usually based on love and all that mushy shit men aren't supposed to talk about.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    Constantly. Sometimes it's hard to pay attention to the details of what's going on around me...or to focus on my work.

Sometimes they can be really vivid. I like to imagine things as if all five of my senses are involved because that makes it seem more real. But sometimes I just imagine the feeling of the emotion itself and how fulfilling it would be.

Very often, yes. Something that is easy to attain...for some reason I appreciate it less.

A lot of despair when I think of how hard it will be to achieve them and that I may never achieve them. However, imagining these desires are real helps to escape from the banality of everyday life, which I tend to get bored with and am generally never satisfied with. So it does give me a good feeling. Not really hope so much as an imagined fulfillment. The fantasy can be exciting for me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

It doesn't necessarily have to be sexual, but instead based on aspiration or affinity; Desire for something that is not within your grasp or control.

Yearning for love can be the keyword to get people going.
    1. I don't think there's a moment in my day when I'm NOT fantasizing or daydreaming or imagining. The wheels never stop turning up there.

2. Pretty vivid. I like to imagine the mood and everything that's going on.

3. Yes, absolutely. But, that is in fact why I dream of them. I don't dream of realistic things happening very often. That is, in fact, why it's a 'dream.'

4. Somewhat both. I often daydream about love and finding true love. It gives me hope, knowing that there is someone out there for me. But, then it also gives me despair when I see people happy with their boyfriends, while I'm perpetually single and it makes me fear that I will be for the rest of my life.

MBTI
    ENTP

I enjoy daydreaming, I don't actually know how much I daydream.

My dreams are vivid, they get me very excited and agitated, sometimes melancholic.

Are my dreams out of reach?
    Yes. Why would I dream of something in reach?! I rarely do that.

I dream of the future, about how cars and building will be, about true love, about the perfect society, justice, discovering something and winning a prize for discovering something, being popular, getting laid all the time, I dream of things that I have a very small chance of doing, things that most likely will never happen to me. I dream about buying my own appartment, buying a car and having sex in it. I dream of being smarter. I dream of being loved and admired. Of being a leader.

MBTI
    ISFJ

My powers of visulization suck big time, so I wouldn't say I daydream in the sense that I actually see myself doing this or that in the future or an alternate reality.

Or at least not without some effort.

MBTI
    INFJ

Constantly. I am always thinking/dreaming about something unless I am sleeping.
    They can be really vivid, or really dim. It depends on how strongly I feel about what I am daydreaming about.
    Sometimes, yes. Like when I visit a galaxy far, far away.
    Most of what I daydream about brings me happiness, so I would say mostly hope and hopeful. If I am feeling down, and I am daydreaming (which I bet I am), that tends to make me feel more like shit, so that's where the hopelessness comes in.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

It doesn't necessarily have to be sexual, but instead based on aspiration or affinity; Desire for something that is not within your grasp or control.

Yearning for love can be the keyword to get people going.
    I daydream constantly...

Generally both my daydreams and my regular dreams are very vivid, although sometimes they are more of a feeling and less detail oriented. But yeah, conversations, places, people, storylines, all in my daydreams and dreams.

Some of them are pretty far fetched, and others are very, very possible. I guess it might relate to my mood, and if I want to escape reality.

Most of my daydreams and dreams give me hope, but a few are a little hopeless.

My dreams are rarely ever sexual.