User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Default ENFJ-ENFJ Relationship?

I am in a relationship with another ENFJ. I have had two other relationships, both with ENTPs. I find this relationship to have more of a "best friend" quality, but at times I worry that we could be too similar. Any thoughts?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

From my perspective - similar = stronger bond, because similarities solidify your relationship. Personally I think that if you both want to make it work you will, because relationships are commitments made by two people to work through rough patches etc.

So in reality - it's up to you. MBTI won't dictate on that type of individual level.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

If you two didn't have the MBTI test results, would you still be worried? If not, it might be that the insecurities have come from reading too much into type dynamics. If the fears come from lack of romantic/loving/passionate feelings in general, then you might wanna keep an eye on that. As long as you both feel happy with one another, and there's a romantic connection, don't worry.

I don't know any ENFJs so I have nothing to add there, but if it helps, I am currently in a very happy INFP/INFP relationship of 7 years, and it might be that, like we have, you find things about your partner that are wonderful, but are not seemingly present in your own personality...just because you are the same type, it does not at all mean you have to turn out to be that similar after getting to know each other more intimately.

Good luck and kind regards.

FalseHeartDothKnow

I think it might be kinda nice to be in an ENFJ ENFJ relationship but it might be really intense too...I dunno.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

As long as you have your own interests I don't see what it matters. Over time it's people's similarities that grow people closer together.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I think an ENFJ/ENFJ relationship would be fabulous. Two people of this type would be mutually encouraging and affirming and would bring out the best in each other. Plus, the flirting would be fabulous!

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

I want one!!

MBTI
    ENFJ

you're so luck #wishiknewanENFJmale .. we'd probably never be able to stop talking though and die of starvation whilst philosophising err... everything..

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ? sx/so

I don't know, and've never seen one. But the idea scares me as hell.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

There is a MBTI book about couple pairings, the book is titled Just Your Type. Of every relationship pairing I've read of in that book, ENFJ-ENFJ was probably the most glowing description. In this case, instead of description maybe I should say "glowing endorsement." They also went on and on and on about how great ENFP-ENFJ and ENFJ-INFJ pairings are.

I forget where one looks this up, but somebody looked at marriage pairings and there was something about "female ENFJ's are [highly likely, overrepresented, whatever they said] to marry male ENFJ's." Similarly for female INFJ's with male INFJ's, and male INFP's with female INFP's.