MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default "Is something wrong?"

"Is something wrong?"
    or
    "Are you alright?"

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, gets that question.

1.) I can't stand people asking me that, because I don't want to draw attention to myself in a sympathetic way.
    2.) When I ask people that, and they say nothing is wrong, it makes me frustrated, and I want to ask again, and again, and again, untill I get a straight answer. Because I KNOW something is wrong.

Edited: Removed ", but they won't tell me." behind point number 2.

Golden rule, friend...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

tha'ts why i kinda dig the sorta friends that
    you don't have to say much to, and they
    just get it.

sometimes just physical company is needed
    more than words.

but that can also explain why sometimes
    maybe that's why friends tend to have sex
    during their downest times. so i don't know
    if that's good bad.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

All Natural! All Good!

So you don't want people asking you that question, but you ask it "again, and again, and again" to others?

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I always say there's nothing wrong and then I smile. Always works. Wish other people would use that technique. They tell you there's nothing wrong, but in the mean time their body language is telling something completely different. But that's the thing that frustrates other people, when the things people say and their body language are not in tune with each other. If these things would be in tune with each other, then all this frustration wouldn't exist. I think, at least, that's how it works with me.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    tha'ts why i kinda dig the sorta friends that
    you don't have to say much to, and they
    just get it.

sometimes just physical company is needed
    more than words.

but that can also explain why sometimes
    maybe that's why friends tend to have sex
    during their downest times. so i don't know
    if that's good bad.
    That's how it is these days with my closest friends, if you scratch out the sex part, because most of my friends are males.

Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    So you don't want people asking you that question, but you ask it "again, and again, and again" to others?
    Please don't get me wrong, I said I want to. Perhaps that last part in my sentence made it unclear since it literally means that I do it. I used to do it, but now it's more like an urge in the back of my mind to slap that person in the face to force them into telling me what's wrong, so I can fix it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

O_o

actually... i get this question very rarely.

i guess because if i'm upset, i either purposely show it, or i reallyy hide it. but that's good i guess, because if i want it to be known, i'll show it, and if i don't, then i won't.

but yeah, i find it annoying if i'm asked that. because either nothing's wrong, and i feel like that person 1) fails at reading people and 2) is digging for drama, or something really is wrong -- but since i haven't told them, it obviously means i don't feel like sharing.

i don't usually ask other people that though... depending on what they're like, i'll just ask them what's up (less... suggestive?) and then if i think they're being reluctant about something and i *really* want to know i'll come at it from a less blunt angle... ask about their day, or some project or something. lol. though with some people, you know they want you to ask. i can't say i haven't ever done that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat
    but that's the thing that frustrates other people, when the things people say and their body language are not in tune with each other. If these things would be in tune with each other, then all this frustration wouldn't exist. I think, at least, that's how it works with me.
    me too. the physical mannerisms usually give it away. or the manner of speech, like talkative people being really quiet, calm people being edgy, or them coming back again and again to one topic, or avoiding one topic like crazy

also nice butters quote in the sig

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I like it when people I care about ask me if something is wrong. It shows that they care and that they can see beyond the happy face I put up for the world.

Hmmm, people not close to me usually don't know when something is wrong, and I don't want them to know, anyway.

garbage

With friends, they learn over time that the question (especially repeated instances) seems like unnecessary prying to me, and that I'll tell them if something is indeed wrong once I've actually thought through it myself.

With acquaintances and strangers, I know that they don't genuinely care* and are asking just to be polite, so I don't mind shooting back a fake, polite "Just fine. "

* nothing wrong with this; if we all cared about everyone in the freakin' world, we'd exhaust ourselves

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I ask people if they're okay all the time. If they ask me I dodge the question or lie.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche