• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] "Is something wrong?"

Spastic_Blondie

MBTI Type
ENFP
Agreed. Especially if it's someone I'm close to. I know they're lying to me, and I can't stand being lied to. I just want to pry it out of them, haha. Thinking, "Spit it out already so you can feel better!"

Yet when someone asks me if something is wrong, I end up saying, "Nothing," because I'm too embarrassed to admit it and afraid they will think it's stupid. Secretly I'm hoping that they'll try to pry it out of me, though, just the same as I always want to do to them.

Funny.

soft

MBTI Type
infp
Agreed. Especially if it's someone I'm close to. I know they're lying to me, and I can't stand being lied to. I just want to pry it out of them, haha. Thinking, "Spit it out already so you can feel better!"

Yet when someone asks me if something is wrong, I end up saying, "Nothing," because I'm too embarrassed to admit it and afraid they will think it's stupid. Secretly I'm hoping that they'll try to pry it out of me, though, just the same as I always want to do to them.

Funny.

I'm the same way. i hate it when someone asks me if something is wrong when i'm with a group of people or something like that. it feels much more like "stop being so quiet" rather than actually caring about my problems. if a friend takes the time to confront me one on one then i will be much less reluctant to tell them what's up.

Cephalonimbus

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't mind being asked, in fact i appreciate it when it seems genuine. But usually i kind of shrug it off and don't go into detail. I don't exactly act as if nothing's wrong, but i act optimistic about it, like "oh just one of those days, i'll get over it". Only a few people get an in-depth answer -- that is, if i know why i'm feeling down in the first place because there are plenty of times when i don't really know why i'm feeling the way i do.

When i ask someone else and they act as if nothing is wrong... well i don't want to impose myself by getting into their business when they really don't want to talk about it, but i do want to give them an opportunity to do so. My tactics depend on the person and how close we are, but i find that a good way to get people to open up is to look them deep in the eyes and just nod, trying my best to give them a look that says "i know you're not really feeling okay and you can talk about it if you want to". With some people, i'm more verbal about it (typically, with the people who are close to me), but the look is always applied. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But even if they still don't want to talk, i feel as if i at least showed that i care.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's all gravy, even if it's not good at the time, it will be.