User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTP

For the ones I have interacted with who identify as INFJ or INFP, I think they have strange feminine powers and I love to get into discussions about sociality and human nature/plight with them--the dynamics of which they have a poetic way of describing. Nothing negative to say about them, I think they are the Überfrauen.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    For the ones I have interacted with who identify as INFJ or INFP, I think they have strange feminine powers and I love to get into discussions about sociality and human nature/plight with them--the dynamics of which they have a poetic way of describing. Nothing negative to say about them, I think they are the Überfrauen.
    Don't know what UberFrauen means but sounds positive. I have noticed that people respond well to my smiles and I give off a rather flirtatious air, but in a mix of sweet and seduction.

I'd find they can be manipulative and selfish. I briefly dated a messed up INFP girl and man, did she love playing mind games.
    What I need when I do that is for someone to sit me down, tell me that it's not cool, tell me to be direct about my feelings and intentions and I will. But that's me. I'm not that unhealthy that I don't feel bad.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    I understand this completely. I don't think it's necessarily a desire not to take responsibility, but when you're in a situation where someone is always there, insisting on doing everything for you, it's very easy to simply let someone else do it. You rarely have opportunities to assert yourself since everyone has chosen to take initiative. I don't think it's inability to manage self, but a different way of managing self. She probably doesn't see the need to take initiative if the other person likes doing so, and only does so when she thinks she needs to.
    I can see what you mean. I guess that is more of an independence/dependence ratio, though; she seems "moochy" to me in some situations, and as I fall on the independent side of things, I don't like taking things from anyone if I can help it. Here's a funny example: She shops at Whole Foods all the time, because she is really into the nutrition thing (You know how INFPs get about things that really mean something to them!... yep, that's her and nutrition). She calls it "Free Cheese Day" because they have a lot of samples (namely a lot of cheese samples). She keeps reminding me, as well, that if you ask to try something oftentimes they will let you try it. Every once in a while I see something that I might like, and don't think before saying "I might like to try that sometime", then she will say "Well you should ask to try it." And I'm like, "...Nooooo." I figure if I really, really want it I will purchase some to try. I guess in some ways I feel like she is taking advantage of people's generosity (that sounds kind of weird for an INFP, doesn't it?) and she ends up leaning on me a lot because of my independence. And don't get me wrong; I would gladly offer my own generosity without thinking. (Though I might feel taken advantage of... I do it over and over again. And here I never thought I was that bad of a doormat...)

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    I can relate to this description very well. And i struggled to get through my studies because of this. I have difficulty focusing as well.
    That sounds like a pain. My friend made very good grades despite her focus jumping around all over the place and her procrastination... Sometimes I wonder how she pulled it off. It's probably outside influence or pressure.
    NaNoWriMo 2010 [[Nahe: Iveor]]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Fenekk View Post
    That sounds like a pain. My friend made very good grades despite her focus jumping around all over the place and her procrastination... Sometimes I wonder how she pulled it off. It's probably outside influence or pressure.
    I doubt that it's because of outside influence or pressure. INFPs tend to be internally motivated.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

I have a friend who is an INFp...

Good things about her:
    Positive attitude
    VERY Friendly
    VERY Empathetic
    VERY Eccentric (I consider this a good thing, but most people don't)
    Fun to be around
    Open to experience

Bad things about her:
    Apprehensive, (but always has a positive attitude)
    Crazy quick mood swings
    She can be sooooo annoying and repetitive
    She thinks she knows everything, not really, but she has that attitude.

I'm the only INFJ I know sooo I'll just go by me.

Good things:
    Creative
    Artistic
    Atheletic
    Open to experience
    Friendly
    VERY Deep
    VERY Polite
    I care about others ALOT (but not via typologyc, only in person)
    I have an eccentric mind, but not an eccentric appearence

Bad things:
    Narcassistic (but I don't show it)
    Doormat
    Hypocritical
    Judgemental
    Obsessive
    Perfectionist
    Paronoid
    Percrastinator
    Histrionic

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    What do you mean exactly by "strange feminine powers"? That sounds very interesting.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

INFJ's - my husband describes us as "innocently seductive." We are going out in the world snaring men, but being completely childlike in not realizing what we are doing or the nature of our emotional power.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Am I sick for finding it sexy??
    No, lots of people do surprisingly. Maybe not on a forum, but irl men like it. As long as that's not all the INFP does, that would get old fast.
    Tritype 6-9-4 Sp/Sx

Enneagram
    9w8

It gets kind of boring hearing what INFJs and INFPs think about themselves.

Where's the adventure in that?

I like to hear what OTHER types think, and even when they don't like us, at least it's interesting. Then again, there is a part of me, even now, saying "why should you care what anybody thinks?" So, why should I? I have no idea, other than I'm curious, even when I don't want to be.

Maybe we should do a thread like this for all types, not just two. That might be entertaining.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    It gets kind of boring hearing what INFJs and INFPs think about themselves.

Where's the adventure in that?

I like to hear what OTHER types think, and even when they don't like us, at least it's interesting. Then again, there is a part of me, even now, saying "why should you care what anybody thinks?" So, why should I? I have no idea, other than I'm curious, even when I don't want to be.

Maybe we should do a thread like this for all types, not just two. That might be entertaining.
    LOL true, it's a little sad.
    Tritype 6-9-4 Sp/Sx