User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I have a great friend who is a INFP. She is a such a beautiful person and I enjoy talking with her very much. I feel grateful that I have her as one because there it is rare to find other INFP's. If there is anything I dislike about her, is her tendency to put others in front of her own ideals and feelings instead of standing her ground.

MBTI
    INFP

This is true for women, but especially here. "We can't figure ourselves out, either. Don't try to figure out what will make us happy. We have been trying to get to the bottom of that mystery since the beginning of time and we have no clue either."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

We're kind and patient and giving and loyal and just all over awesome!!

Until you get to know us.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

^^

True

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone3 View Post
    A former INFP myself, with a best friend and friend as INFJ, I would definatley say:
    Worst: Negativity
    Best:Creativity and Intuition
    This sounds about right to me!:workout:

MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    EII

I'm borderline P/J so i have aspects of both types although i lean more towards J than P.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    They seem to instinctly understand much of what I'm saying, so I don't always have to go into details explaining myself. This is especially true with INFJs.

INFPs certainly do have that childlike innocence to them that can make them quite adorable; but the negative side is that they can be childish at times with it.
    True . . . for me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by musicnerd93 View Post
    Don't know too many other INF's, except my mom (INFJ) So, with INFP I can really only speak about myself.

INFJ Likes:
    -Easy to talk to. Likeable people.
    -Funny
    -Express their opinion without being rude or in-your-face about it.
    -Patient and understanding.

Dislikes:
    -Make me feel guilty. :/
    -When I need to vent about a problem or frustration they always try to solve the problem instead of simply just listening or sympathizing. :P

INFP Likes:
    -Ability to think outside the box.
    -Childlike innocence.
    -That we're the most romantic of all types.

INFP Dislikes:
    -That we're the most romantic of all types. :/ (Can be problematic.)
    -Socially awkward sometimes.
    -Totally bipolar.
    -Easily offended, take everything way too personally.
    Like I said, I can only speak for myself...
    Highlighted parts are pretty true

Quote Originally Posted by Virulence View Post
    My two best friends in the entire world are INFJ women.

I love how they'll laugh at all of my jokes, or give me a "Holy crap that was so dumb" glare.
    I love the "psychic" connection I have with them. One of them called me when I was thinking about this very subject.
    The entertaining conversations we have that can begin on the most nonsensical subject and go on for hours.
    I love the way we can communicate with subtle hints, from jokes to expressing thoughts or deep feelings.
    I love how warm and receptive they are. I respect and admire the way they can be so caring and have no problem tearing into someone when they're provoked.

We often have different opinions and perspectives on things. Sometimes it causes minor conflict, but more often than not I enjoy the alternate view.

They're stubborn as hell and sometimes almost impossible to sell an idea to, but once it's done - well, they'll back it with everything they have.
    I hate it when I have to grumble and begrudgingly agree every time I do something dumb and I hear "I told you so!"
    Building up to such a high point was very difficult. It took lots of time, lots of back-and-forth testing, and many disagreements and intense arguments. I'd gladly go through it all again.
    Parts in bold are quite true.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    EII

My best friend is INFP, and there are... well, lots of things I like and dislike about her.

First of all, she is incredibly passionate about the things she enjoys and believes in. If you can share interests and beliefs with an INFP... well, you're all set. Granted, some INFPs can get too passionate to the point of arguing... It's kind of funny, though, my friend and I have a lot of similar interests but also radically different beliefs (political, religious, etc) and yet even when we disagree on these things and sometimes debate a little, we never really fight. We have a way of stopping ourselves before we get there. INFPs also have an interesting way of being able to convince you of things (not that she has changed my political and religious beliefs... but you get the point) or get you interested in things that they are passionate about.

On the other hand, something that bothers me about INFPs and my friend in particular is that she always needs more information! It's not that I dislike the pursuit for knowledge, but I feel like my INFP friend will never make certain decisions because she is always looking for more information about how to make the best decision. Examples of this include her views on religion. She has been an "agnostic" or a "diestic skeptic" for as long as I can remember. She has all sorts of books and information on all kinds of religions and yet she can't decide which one she believes in! Another example - When we are doing things together, she is always asking me questions. I understand that she doesn't want to miss anything but why is she asking me, of all people? After all, as I am INFJ, it's more likely that she is paying attention to the details and to sensory information than I am (At least, I have noticed that INFPs have a much better memory than INFJs for details and stuff like numbers, dates, names, etc, which is a good thing!).

Also, beware - I have noticed that INFPs do not like to take a lot of initiative when it comes to self-responsibility and routine things. Maybe it's just the environment my INFP friend grew up in, though, as her parents generally took care of everything when it came to responsibility, especially financially. On the other hand, I have had to work hard for everything I have and managing myself is just a part of that. (But, I repeat, that may just be this specific person, so don't quote me on this.)

A third thing I want to point out that may be good or bad, depending on the perspective, is that my INFP friend has a really bad habit of jumping from interest to interest. By that I mean that she gets really interested in learning certain things, but she often doesn't pursue them for long. This seems to result in her having a lack of focus in her career and her everyday life. I have to remind her every so often that she can't master anything if she is trying to do everything. Maybe she's in love with the excitement of learning something new but once it is routine she gets bored of it? I don't know exactly what makes her do this. The good: A wide variety of knowledge and interests. The bad: Not being able to focus and develop in one area.
    NaNoWriMo 2010 [[Nahe: Iveor]]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Fenekk View Post
    On the other hand, something that bothers me about INFPs and my friend in particular is that she always needs more information! It's not that I dislike the pursuit for knowledge, but I feel like my INFP friend will never make certain decisions because she is always looking for more information about how to make the best decision. Examples of this include her views on religion. She has been an "agnostic" or a "diestic skeptic" for as long as I can remember. She has all sorts of books and information on all kinds of religions and yet she can't decide which one she believes in! Another example - When we are doing things together, she is always asking me questions. I understand that she doesn't want to miss anything but why is she asking me, of all people? After all, as I am INFJ, it's more likely that she is paying attention to the details and to sensory information than I am (At least, I have noticed that INFPs have a much better memory than INFJs for details and stuff like numbers, dates, names, etc, which is a good thing!).

Also, beware - I have noticed that INFPs do not like to take a lot of initiative when it comes to self-responsibility and routine things. Maybe it's just the environment my INFP friend grew up in, though, as her parents generally took care of everything when it came to responsibility, especially financially. On the other hand, I have had to work hard for everything I have and managing myself is just a part of that. (But, I repeat, that may just be this specific person, so don't quote me on this.)
    I understand this completely. I don't think it's necessarily a desire not to take responsibility, but when you're in a situation where someone is always there, insisting on doing everything for you, it's very easy to simply let someone else do it. You rarely have opportunities to assert yourself since everyone has chosen to take initiative. I don't think it's inability to manage self, but a different way of managing self. She probably doesn't see the need to take initiative if the other person likes doing so, and only does so when she thinks she needs to.

A third thing I want to point out that may be good or bad, depending on the perspective, is that my INFP friend has a really bad habit of jumping from interest to interest. By that I mean that she gets really interested in learning certain things, but she often doesn't pursue them for long. This seems to result in her having a lack of focus in her career and her everyday life. I have to remind her every so often that she can't master anything if she is trying to do everything. Maybe she's in love with the excitement of learning something new but once it is routine she gets bored of it? I don't know exactly what makes her do this. The good: A wide variety of knowledge and interests. The bad: Not being able to focus and develop in one area.
    I can relate to this description very well. And i struggled to get through my studies because of this. I have difficulty focusing as well.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by musicnerd93 View Post
    Don't know too many other INF's, except my mom (INFJ) So, with INFP I can really only speak about myself.

INFJ Likes:
    -Easy to talk to. Likeable people.
    -Funny
    -Express their opinion without being rude or in-your-face about it.
    -Patient and understanding.

Dislikes:
    -Make me feel guilty. :/
    -When I need to vent about a problem or frustration they always try to solve the problem instead of simply just listening or sympathizing. :P

INFP Likes:
    -Ability to think outside the box. - Yes
    -Childlike innocence. - Not anymore
    -That we're the most romantic of all types. - Not at all

INFP Dislikes:
    -That we're the most romantic of all types. :/ (Can be problematic.)
    -Socially awkward sometimes. - Oh most definitely
    -Totally bipolar. - Not in the literal sense, but yeah mood swings galore
    -Easily offended, take everything way too personally. - Yes, but much better than it used to

Like I said, I can only speak for myself...
    I have a close friend/cousin that is like your mom - always trying to solve problems, but she also has many good qualities I kind of have the same problem, but only when the solution is simple (to me at least!)

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    INF females. When healthy - always FTW.

When not healthy - suckage.
    Yeah, when not healthy - super suckage. I'd find they can be manipulative and selfish. I briefly dated a messed up INFP girl and man, did she love playing mind games.

What do I mean by mind games?

Well, we'd spend a lot of time together, and she'd like to drop hints that she liked me. I mean real clear obvious hints like "You and I would make great dance partners" or "Would you mind staying longer? I don't feel like being alone tonight" or asking me to snuggle up with her while watching movies together - you know, that kind of thing. We also went out on a few dates and I remember she would be very physically affectionate.

And so it would seem as though she really liked me, and then I summon up the courage to tell her how I feel, and she's all like, "Oh, no... I just want to be friends." I became good friends with her ex-boyfriend later on and he completely understood and actually broke up with her because of these behavior patterns. She is unfortunately very very physically attractive and she's developed a habit of sucking men in indiscriminately for the attention and then breaking them off when they get too close, but not so much so that she doesn't get the attention anymore. I remember once I started seriously dating someone else, she called me up out of the blue (because she missed the attention), but I wasn't having it anymore.

Not to generalize, but being a really attractive woman and an INFP seems to be bad for business in my experience.