User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

What is Labyrinth? Surely nobody's talking about Pan's Labyrinth? That would be a very messed up childhood!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

I will always remember "Hook" and remember how I felt about Robin Williams Character.

<> He's sincere in his desire to be a good father, but he keeps screwing up and being busy with work. He just cant find the right perspective. He has literally forgotten what its like (to be a kid).
    <> He goes to Never Never Land, and though he "wants to", he still cannot remember how to be a kid.
    <> Finally, he remembers how to be a kid... and is able to make everything up to his kids by saving them with his new "kid abilities" in never never land

x 1,000,000 ... I wonder if my analysis says anything about me? The fact that I remember this so strongly even though I havent seen this movie in about 5 years, and before that probably 10 years.... :invites someone to guess:

EDIT: okay to make this less serious...

1. Fantasia
    2. The Brave Little Toaster

These two movies were my most watched according to my parents. I think there's an element of Ni transcendental thought going on in these movies. They are both filled of inanimate objects taking on a life of their own. In fantasia, a mop is not a mop, but an instrument of "ordered" orchestra music. In TBLT, a toaster is not merely an appliance, but an archetypical character! Its seeing objects as more than they are. Sure, every kids movie takes liberties with personification, but these movies took it to an extreme!!!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    What is Labyrinth? Surely nobody's talking about Pan's Labyrinth? That would be a very messed up childhood!
    1986 with a very young Jennifer Connelly.

Labyrinth (1986)

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFJ

Hmm, Honey I Shrunk the Kids and Forever Young scared me when I was younger, still not fond of them. But I don't know that they influenced me. I can't stand Jurassic Park.

Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea did influence me quiet a lot, as did the books.
    I found Anne's imagination and character very attractive as a child and still do.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE

The Last Starfighter (I'm actually watching that right now)
    Who's That Girl (an 80's movie starring Madonna that was loosely based on Bringing Up Baby with Katherine Hepburn and Cary Grant)
    The Boy Who Could Fly
    Big
    Labyrinth
    E.T.
    The Little Mermaid
    Harry and the Hendersons
    The Flight of the Navigator

Edit: I just realized that all but two of these movies involve real world people being thrown into fantasy situations. I guess that's why I'm always dreaming up crazy scenarios... I watched these movies too much growing up :P
    “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” -Walt Disney

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Kiki's Delivery Service

I like the idea— to be a witch, to be an artist, to be a baker… It’s an energy bestowed by the gods or someone, right? Though thanks to it, we do have to suffer at times…

Pokemon: The First Movie

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

Mulan

Why else would I come back? You said you'd trust Ping. Why is Mulan any different?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

The movies that left a deepest imprint on my childish mind were probably Gladiator and the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

I was really drawn to the vision, leadership and unaffected heroism of the main characters.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

As a child I had a really weird obsession with Dirty Dancing. I was only like 4 or 5 but I watched it so often that my mom hid it from me so I would watch something else. I was really into movies like The Princess Bride and Willow too though. I remember watching the mini-series The Tenth Kingdom an awful lot. The Last Unicorn was a big one for me, I adored that movie. The Lord of the Rings were and still are way up there for me. I could watch them over and over and never get tired of them.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    7w4

The spirit of cimoron, anne of grables, pippi longstocking - would always inspire to do something fun in the backyard or forest in the sun Harry Potter of course was something special still is

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Poltergeist
    Nightmare on Elm Street
    The Exorcist
    Ahhh... the classics that helped develop my FI between the ages of 7 through 10. My favorite was Aliens, and has always been. Neverending story could trail behind as second.

“If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous