User Tag List

12 Last

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Default ENFP and childhood friendships

I happen to know three female ENFPs rather well, one who is a recent friend (I befriended her 2 years ago and she opens up quite intensely to me), my big sister and her daughter.

The three of them seem to describe their childhood as lonely and admit having / having had difficulties with friendships.
    Can other ENFPs relate and share their experiences?
    Thank you!

MBTI
    ISFJ

Never had any close friendships when I was a kid, aside from one in 5th grade. He turned out to be a piece of shit, but luckily that has to this day been the sole disappointment I ever got with someone. I used to be pretty much of a loner apart from when I was at school, for the most part.

Funny how my middle school friends slowly became some of my best friends and we still hang out to this day. And to this day they say I'm anti-social

I stayed in and played videogames all day. That's how I became awesome.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I actually only had bad luck with friendships when I was little. I was able to make friends, but I never got the chance to maintain these friendships. Back then it was trendy to move away to another country and many families of friends of mine emigrated, to Belgium, Greece or Portugal for example. The only place I had the chance to develop real friendships, was at school. In my street I happened to be the only girl somehow and the boys didn't accept me whenever I asked them if I could play with them. I also went to ballet, but there I turned out to be very different than the rest of the girls. These girls were very serious about ballet and practiced very much, while I actually never really understood what ballet was actually about. And well, the school friends all moved to places far, far away. The oldest friend I have right now I got to know when I was 12, 13 years old, so I know her for almost 6 years. High school was a harder time for me when it comes to friends. There I got in fight with almost everyone, also because the rest of the people were very serious and I'm unable be seriously serious. But well, I hope things like these will be changing in the future. Or maybe I should become the one who's movinh all the time.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Yeah, i most certainly did....i felt really isolated from most of the other kids. I was a very outgoing, friendly child, but that somehow translated as "weird" and as a result I didn't have very many friends. Even the people I was "friends" with weren't very good to me; I hung out with about 2 people until about 4th grade, a guy and a girl, and the girl really liked the guy who just happened to find it REALLY funny to make fun of me, so she joined in on the fun too.

I don't think I made any really good friends until 5th grade..some of those people I am still very good friends with despite being in very different places in our lives.

Middle school was miserable but I came out of it having some other very good friends.

Most of my high school friends were friends from elementary/middle school..those that weren't actually don't have much of a place in my life anymore. interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Hmm..I didn't have these issues. I was shy until maybe 3rd or 4th grade but people were always really nice to me. I didn't have a hard time making friends.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by KLessard View Post
    I happen to know three female ENFPs rather well, one who is a recent friend (I befriended her 2 years ago and she opens up quite intensely to me), my big sister and her daughter.

The three of them seem to describe their childhood as lonely and admit having / having had difficulties with friendships.
    Can other ENFPs relate and share their experiences?
    Thank you!
    I can relate. I was pretty lonely. I felt different, yadda yadda yadda. Other kids didn't really befriend me but one girl did and we were friends until our teens when being at a distance and growing up got in the way. I had people I hung out with but it wasn't close, bonding stuff. It's been that way ever since.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    It's been that way ever since.
    ! :sad:

Yes, most of my friends were SJ and STP, and I had a hard time relating to anyone my age.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

I had a lot of friends during my childhood. I was very outgoing. I don't think I was lonely as a child. But in my pre-teens and teens years, I discover loneliness and still experiencing it in my adult years.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath

Quote Originally Posted by Ratsimoan View Post
    I had a lot of friends during my childhood. I was very outgoing. I don't think I was lonely as a child. But in my pre-teens and teens years, I discover loneliness and still experiencing it in my adult years.
    +1

until 12-13 years old i had many very close friends, about 10 very close that i was everyday with, all day usually, and about 10-20 more superficial but also cared very much about them too
    some of them were grown ups (less close group), i liked being friends with some grown ups
    i am now much less social.