User Tag List

123 Last

Default NF's - I sincerly ask you for help

i'm entp sx7w8. i'm a renegade. im a bad person. ive done some terrible things in my life. ive hurt people. ive used people. ive been mean to some people. ive been anti social. i'm overly critical.

I just want to be a nicer person. It feels SO hard for me to just conform and be co-operative. I always want to rebel. I always want to cause trouble. I dont know why I feel that way.

I feel like an asshole. Can I ever be forgiven for my sins? How can I turn it around and be more positive?

I actually used to take pride in being an outlaw. But I'm truly unhappy right now. I've been in trouble with the law and lost alot. I feel like there isnt much hope. I see NFs who are happy go lucky and always optimistic. I see them getting along with everyone. I envy those things and want to be like that. What can I do with myself? How can I be a better person who fits into society? How can I get along better with others and make more friends?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

That pretty much says it all for me, and it's how I try to live my life. I've been in every kind of trouble too and that's how I turned it around. I'm not a religious person, but The Golden Rule is a powerful idea. It's sometimes hard to do, but it will pay off, I promise.

The fact that you're asking is a good sign.

On one hand I dont care about people and think I dont need anyone. OTOH, I wish I could live a normal lifestyle and not be so isolated.

I'm so guarded. It's impossible for me to open up to anyone anymore. I'm so jaded and hardened. I can't let my guard down even if I try. I didn't grow up like normal people I guess. I'm basically a thug, and I want to change that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

develop a decent conscience and use it regularly. You can still retain your individual outlaw-ness, but put it after the thought of being tact.

Quote Originally Posted by SNUGGLETRON View Post
    develop a decent conscience and use it regularly. You can still retain your individual outlaw-ness, but put it after the thought of being tact.
    Conscience? I'm so blind to that.

I dont feel for anyone. I have very little sympathy. Even when I try to feel, I just can't. It's actually kind of sad when I think about it.

I dont think about right and wrong. It takes a long time for me to be able to put myself in anothers shoes.

*sigh*. Not sure what else to say. I dont even feel human anymore.

Tact is hard for me. I speak my mind too openly. I'm making an effort to say nice things about people now.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i just project how i feel onto others...i know that people have different triggers..but i imagine most people have felt pain of some kind and i don't want to be the one who causes it and i also know what it feels like to need help or support of some kind so...i offer it whenever i can...i know that a warm smile from a stranger on a bad day makes me feel better...so i smile at people who seem frustrated or alone...i like to think we're all the same...we all have our shit to deal with...what goes around comes around and all that.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by themarlins View Post
    Conscience? I'm so blind to that.

I dont feel for anyone. I have very little sympathy. Even when I try to feel, I just can't. It's actually kind of sad when I think about it.

I dont think about right and wrong. It takes a long time for me to be able to put myself in anothers shoes.

*sigh*. Not sure what else to say. I dont even feel human anymore.

Tact is hard for me. I speak my mind too openly. I'm making an effort to say nice things about people now.
    Well, there is nothing wrong with just realizing what you are exactly. But If you're losing out a lot or unhappy because of your behavior, then it's probably not a bad idea to think on it and try and change it. Just observe others, try and see how things affect them. It's hard to identify with you on not being able to be empathetic.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE

Yes... NFs hold the secrets to happiness.

Confess your sins!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think morality, social relations and law-abidingness has much to do with being a particular personality type.

As for all that atonement for past sins.... Whatever, just please don't convert to Christianity. The born-again story is so so boring...

I don't mean to sound mean. But your post is so spectacularly vague considering the supposed pain you're in.

"Neurotic, ha!"
    I let out a scornful laugh.
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell.
    I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days.
    "

— Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Move about every 3 years.

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

I think you might have psychological issues to be dealt with if you are acting this way. You should look back and examine your past, your childhood difficulties and all. That would be a good start. What was / is your relationship with your parents like?

Also, being a Christian, I believe that only by being renewed spiritually and receiving God's salvation can we really change and be good. NFs can be bad and make mistakes too.

All temperaments can be good and useful to society. Yours included.
    Your desire to change is a great step. It is the first step to salvation.