• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] can EnFj and EnTp ever seriously work out?

themarlins

i am entp and have had a couple relationships with enfjs.

neither worked out in the long run. One of them could've been "THE ONE", but ultimately ended. the other was a quick hook up.

i think they're kinda cute those damn enfjs :hug:

this combo is always great in the beginning. we have alot of fun. but never seriously work out in the end.

what gives?

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I had a pretty quick relationship with an ENTP and i wanted to strangle him to death :laugh:. He was the most godawful broken record i've ever had the displeasure of knowing. I would say he was unhealthy and his overzealous nature just rubbed me the wrong way.

I'm sure they could work.
Can you give any specific details about why things didn't work out? What was said or anything that happened?

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i am entp and have had a couple relationships with enfjs.

neither worked out in the long run. One of them could've been "THE ONE", but ultimately ended. the other was a quick hook up.

i think they're kinda cute those damn enfjs :hug:

this combo is always great in the beginning. we have alot of fun. but never seriously work out in the end.

what gives?

why not?

themarlins

ENFJ #1 - fell in love. moved away. she found a new bf soon after. later contacted me again telling me she still loved me and wished she was with me, etc. Had to cut off contact cause it killed me to see her with someone else, despite her still telling me all that stuff.

ENFJ #2 - rushed into things too fast. Brought her around my bonehead friends too early. Didnt like how flirtatious she was with everyone, and she didnt like that I was annoyed by that. Got along great in private, but didn't get along in public as much. Our social styles were very different. Her variant being social first, and mine social last (if you study enneagram you know what i mean). Also met her at a time when I had just been laid off and was sitting at home all day. Felt like I wasnt ready for a relationship and told her that after having sex with her. I think she felt a bit used. ugh. We both liked each other but it didnt work out. My fault really.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It can work out, its takes a lot of communication and understanding for sure.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What I appreciate about my ENTP: I love the advice he gives me when I have stress at work. He helps me to be a little more spontaneous. We always vibe on ideas together. We both love to entertain. I love how charming and outgoing he can be. I love how he is good at fixing things. He is a go getter. He is strong and makes me feel safe. He is hilarious. We are both passionate and creative.

What he appreciates about me: Im a good example to him when it comes to responsibility (finances, organization etc). Im always there for him when he needs advice about how to deal with people. He likes my confidence and charm. He likes that Im an alpha female. I feel weird talking about the good things about me so Im going stop here lol.

How we clash: I cant stand how mean and blunt he is towards me. He cant stand how I beat around the bush to avoid conflict. We are both super reactionary towards each other. We get into heated fights...and say mean things to each other. I used to break shit a lot...but not anymore ;). We slam doors a lot. He is insensitive, and Im overly sensitive. He likes to "debate" & I like to "discuss". Sometimes he freaks out immediately, and I tend to shut down. These are all things we are working on.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I can not handle dom F in any way shape or form! I have known a few ENFJs and for a moment thought it may be the ideal type for me. They are however incapable of grounding themselves and are way too much for me to wanna deal with. There is no balance, I see no value in the relationship even as friends.

With that said, age is a huge factor her, ENTP and ENFJ both do well with some age under their belts so I'm talking about 30 and under and I see MBTI as less and less of a factor with age in well balance people.

Damn ENFJs are flighty! I can't believe there is one that even posts in here, I'd think they already had 45 other obligations booked up.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm typing the OP an ENFP based on his/her lack of proper capitalization and overuse of bright smileys. :yes:

*walks out of thread* :whistling:

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
What I appreciate about my ENTP: I love the advice he gives me when I have stress at work. He helps me to be a little more spontaneous. We always vibe on ideas together. We both love to entertain. I love how charming and outgoing he can be. I love how he is good at fixing things. He is a go getter. He is strong and makes me feel safe. He is hilarious. We are both passionate and creative.

What he appreciates about me: Im a good example to him when it comes to responsibility (finances, organization etc). Im always there for him when he needs advice about how to deal with people. He likes my confidence and charm. He likes that Im an alpha female. I feel weird talking about the good things about me so Im going stop here lol.

How we clash: I cant stand how mean and blunt he is towards me. He cant stand how I beat around the bush to avoid conflict. We are both super reactionary towards each other. We get into heated fights...and say mean things to each other. I used to break shit a lot...but not anymore ;). We slam doors a lot. He is insensitive, and Im overly sensitive. He likes to "debate" & I like to "discuss". Sometimes he freaks out immediately, and I tend to shut down. These are all things we are working on.

in a relationship with ENFJ here and i can agree with this clash. Its exactly our problem as well.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Whew, mine was so fun in the beginning too. She didn't seem capable of talking through problems. Which irritated me so much because I was interested in growth. I didn't understand her roadblock to growth..after all she's an NF.

When I engaged serious discussions she would do the revolving topic with central theme drama thing.

Then she started abusing me yelling at me. I told her she can't treat me like that. Many tantrums later it had to end.