User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default [NF] What Was I Thinking??

When I sit down, and think back, there are more moments that I'm... than I am . Being impulsive, I've kissed people I shouldn't, wouldn't, and won't - driven across the state with hitchhikers/musicians and generally been totally oblivious to the perfect girl giving me signals. The same can't be said about the other people around me. Friends, family - they don't get the whole, "pick up and go" attitude. Well, except a very few select folks I suspect are NFs. See, I think their lives have to be a lot more organize than mine. Why? Because when I bring these little (big) incidents up in get-togethers, I get these strange eyes. Some people are marvel by the fact that I'd just drop everything, and go do whatever I feel like doing at the same, while others are absolutely taken aback by the very idea. Questions start flying. They want to know what happened, why, and etc.

So, I ask...Am I alone in this? Am I the only one kicking myself ever so often? Because if so, just tell me to shut up now.

Enneagram
    CFV

I can't go a day without having moments like this. No worries, I'm sure we're not the only two =P

Edit: I think it's because we don't make decisions based off logic like somebody with a T rather than F does

MBTI
    ENFP

I definitely have a "pick up and go" attitude but it was encouraged/raised out of me by my family. Now, I am very bound by logic. To make it worse, my tendency to want to (but never getting to) be impulsive is always thrown back up in my face as an insult.

It's still there, I just never get to express it. I want to "run away and join the circus".
    Anyway, to relate this back to the subject, I've had a few moments like that but I never get to have many since someone usually fills me with doubts before I can complete the action.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Yeah I have that same kind of feeling. So much so that I may act on it when I look for PhD programs. None of my friends or family get it. I've always been super impulsive though so it's probably related to that.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Wonder where it comes from

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

If I had a guess, it would be because of our strong F/weak T. Feelers do things because we 'feel' like it. Don't need no rhyme or reason
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

i enjoy what the impulsiveness has brought into my life.

i figure, all i can do is figure what not to do....
    it's just much more fun and colourful than trying to figure out what to do.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    If I had a guess, it would be because of our strong F/weak T. Feelers do things because we 'feel' like it. Don't need no rhyme or reason
    Probably this, but then I have to think about it and overanalyze it forever afterwards
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I have actually woken up one morning to go to the next town to buy something, thought "hey, i don't like constantly having to drive here for stuff, i should just move here."

By the end of the day I was moved to the other town and called my old landlord to try to figure out how long I was going to have to keep paying him.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    I have actually woken up one morning to go to the next town to buy something, thought "hey, i don't like constantly having to drive here for stuff, i should just move here."

By the end of the day I was moved to the other town and called my old landlord to try to figure out how long I was going to have to keep paying him.
    I wish I was that spontaneous. My roommate would probably murder me though.