• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] If your life were a city, would it be inhabitable?

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
Officially the most self-pitying thread ever. Yay, good work NFs!!!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Mine would be a fun park :yay:

NFs are so depressive :thelook:

KDude

Mine would be a diverse and friendly city, but one where people weren't very unified or community oriented, just waved at each other, never stopped to talk and work together much. They probably don't even know who the mayor is.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
most parts of the city would be habitable, hospitable even. scattered with luxurious resorts and quaint boutique hotels worthy to be listed in relais chateuax. but that's what it would be, a resort town for passerbys.

revolve

the city would not have any functional buildings, bridges, roads, or businesses so therefore it would not be a city at all but moreso a bizarre area of a bunch of random weird artsy funky stuff like "burning man" . . . (even though i've never been but i've seen a documentary) and there would be hotdog vendors, starbucks keosks, icecream carts & dudes walking around selling burritos wrapped in tin foil out of little travel size coolers. in order to enter my city, you'd have to be interviewed first- briefly to make sure you're "cool" & weird colorful costumes would definately be encouraged- - everyone would be happy & having a good time but could not stay very long because they'd have to go to another city to get their basic needs met more efficiently / effectively.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think my city would be really nice, but there would be wards with distinct moods and atmospheres, that would shift with the weather.

strong intuitive feelerness

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Tch! So oversensitive!
Someone calls you out on the self-pitying and all of a sudden you're bundles of joy and "weird"?

uh-oh, I've called you on your pathetic spinelessness, now you're probably going to react with all the fearlessness and lack of compromise in the world.

....but I like people, honest!!

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w9
I'm glad I didn't post my orignal thought, I would have gotten massacred by some of the loathers of the self-loathers. And I guess, a lot of our posts are a bit over dramatic, but if anything it was a nice exercise in metaphor.

I especially like this post:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm...interesting thread.

My city would be a safe little haven, protected and difficult to find among the wilderness. It would be filled with parks and quaint cozy little houses surrounding a picturesque lake. There would be lots of pathways and hiking trails around the city, every part would be connected in some way. The city would be stricken with chaos and turned into a gray, cold and bleak desert with no sunshine and hardly any oxygen every once in a while.

I think I could live in this city

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Mine would be full of drunk and forgetful hippies with ADHD on speed and marijuana. They'd all have accidents, make a big mess and the next day they wouldn't even remember. It would be a complete chaos. I don't think it would be a city, but more of a commune where everyone lives in oldtimers so the government couldn't have any influence on them, or at least, that's what these hippies would think. I don't even know for sure if they'd think, they'd just do stuff for no reason at all. They'd be trying to achieve something, some ideal, don't ask me what, don't ask them what, it's so freaking abstract no one knows what it is. But while they try to reach this ideal abstractness, they'd just be creating more and more of a mess. And the government would ask itself what the hell happened to their people and it wouldn't even know what to do about it.

sculpting

My city sits in the water-in an ocean, with no land in site. It is very massive, totally black and shaped a bit like a tulip. It has a very narrow base, widens then splits into sections at the top-like petals of a black flower. Tiny paths allow a person to travel from section to section of the city. the sun can shine between the petals for brief stretches of time, but in the city an elaborate system of mirrors is in place to lengthen the daylight as needed. Everyone has balconies that line the inside of the petals to maximize the sunlight they receive. From the outside it is rather stark and severe, but due to the way the sunlight is captured and reflected, in the inside there is always a warm glow.

The city can be hit by horrific storms which seemingly generate massive chaos in the wind, the ocean and will send the residents to hide inside while the storms rage, but the structure holds steady as though molded to the earths core at its base.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
My life would be inhabitable for that one special person, and those select few, and those black guys in horror movies that always die first. The rest of them cause too much trouble.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
This is a fascinating question...

I'm very self-reflective and self-aware, but I've never thought of the issue quite like this... very Plato's Republic meets self-analysis...

Anyway, I really like myself, but I would say that my city would be dangerous.

Not in the sense that you would be worried about evildoers, or anything of that sort, but it would just be intense.

There would be all kinds of rapid movement taking place, the citizens would be highly critical and ready to snap at you if you are not working efficiently and doing your part to make the system/city better...

Everyone would constantly be busy, but then, every once in a while (about once a month -- maybe when the moon comes out in full :wink:), the whole city would go on break and just chill the fuck out.

Drugs, booze, sex, music: the party would fucking rock.

Then, after about three or so days of that stuff, another month of hardcore working to make the whole place run smoothly again.

Ha.

Yeah, that's me. :cheese:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

I'm very self-reflective and self-aware, but I've never thought of the issue quite like this... very Plato's Republic meets self-analysis...

Not in the sense that you would be worried about evildoers, or anything of that sort, but it would just be intense.

There would be all kinds of rapid movement taking place, the citizens would be highly critical and ready to snap at you if you are not working efficiently and doing your part to make the system/city better...

Everyone would constantly be busy, but then, every once in a while (about once a month -- maybe when the moon comes out :wink:), the whole city would go on break and just chill the fuck out.

Then, after about three or so days of that stuff, another month of hardcore working to make the whole place run smoothly again.

Ha.

Oh, and every day, around 3 o'clock, the whole city would stop its business, and everyone would do yoga for an hour or two.

Yup... :cheese:

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w9
everyone would constantly be busy, but then, every once in a while (about once a month -- maybe when the moon comes out ), the whole city would go on break and just chill the fuck out.

In celebration of Dionysus perhaps?

Kriash

Resident Apple Hoarder
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
If my life happened to be a city the people would always strive for peace, but never fully achieve it. Bridges would be built and would fall randomly without explanation. There would be a great connection to nature, but often fierce storms would rage. But there would be hope, and understanding that with all good comes bad.

Cheesy? Eh.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
cities built in living trees, nature in everything, ponds and streams flowing through the metroplois. no cars, i hate cars. people who play music loud in residential areas would be shot for breaking this infraction as to shorten the learning curb. uhm what else...

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Mine would have fanciful architecture that was structurally not so sound. Eye grabbing but not taking the laws of physics into account.

The people would be live uneventful lives and speak a whole lot about wanting to leave the city one day and travel but never getting around to actually doing that. The economy was only sustainable because a handful of ISTJs kept things slightly in check...otherwise it would be complete anarchy between all the communes.

The whether would be cold and foggy and occasionally rainy but with sunny breaches everyday as well.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

Everyone would constantly be busy, but then, every once in a while (about once a month -- maybe when the moon comes out in full :wink:), the whole city would go on break and just chill the fuck out.

Ha.

:horor:

The city you describe depicts my perfect hell, (excluding the one day of the month break of debauchery)

"I would say that my city would be dangerous"

"There would be all kinds of rapid movement taking place, the citizens would be highly critical and ready to snap at you if you are not working efficiently and doing your part to make the system/city better..."

"Everyone would constantly be busy"

:sick:

^This city reflects the inner you, should I be scared? :cry:

And, I didn't know you were an ESTJ. :p

When you're running/doing/chugging full speed all the time you never have time to just be.

You lose yourself in the hustle and bustle.

And, when the silence of peace descends on you, you won't know what to do with yourself, because you are scared, scared of who you are, scared of why you do the things you do, why you've been doing, doing, doing all the things you do, for what? why?

Well, to squelch that fear people in your "dangerous city" will either drink themselves into oblivion so they won't have to ask themselves these questions, or fear the silence/free time, and opt to work on the one day of "rest" that they have.