User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 64

  1. #41
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    If my life were a city would it be inhabitable?

    My life as a city, hmm.

    There are so many ways to approach this theoretical question.

    So, I will answer it this way, (taken from my boyfriend), if my soul were a city it would be...

    A beautiful place, geographically speaking, and highly diverse, there would be people from all walks of life, doing what they love.

    The city would be citizen-focused.

    It would be relatively small, no more than a thousand people.

    It would have a political infrastructure like a liberal arts school.

    People would be encouraged to find themselves, their true callings, and do that which they *want* to do.

    Education would be paramount, art as well.

    Kids would play, and learn.

    Questions and questing would be encouraged by the adults.

    Critical thinking would be mandatory at all levels of teaching.

    Eventually, all people would learn to be autodidacts.

    They would think for themselves.

    Happy citizens make for a lovely city.

    I'm not talking about a utopian society, hahaha, or am I.

    Every person in their right place.

    No undue, or unneeded force.

    ^That was off the cuff and took me about a minute to write, modifications might come later.

    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  2. #42
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    :horor:

    The city you describe depicts my perfect hell, (excluding the one day of the month break of debauchery)

    "I would say that my city would be dangerous"

    "There would be all kinds of rapid movement taking place, the citizens would be highly critical and ready to snap at you if you are not working efficiently and doing your part to make the system/city better..."

    "Everyone would constantly be busy"



    ^This city reflects the inner you, should I be scared?

    And, I didn't know you were an ESTJ. :P

    When you're running/doing/chugging full speed all the time you never have time to just be.

    You lose yourself in the hustle and bustle.

    And, when the silence of peace descends on you, you won't know what to do with yourself, because you are scared, scared of who you are, scared of why you do the things you do, why you've been doing, doing, doing all the things you do, for what? why?

    Well, to squelch that fear people in your "dangerous city" will either drink themselves into oblivion so they won't have to ask themselves these questions, or fear the silence/free time, and opt to work on the one day of "rest" that they have.
    This response is complete nonsense...

    All you have done is shown: 1) your discriminatory nature against Te, and 2) your lack of understanding of where Ni and Fi are tacit in my description.

    With regards to the first: you have underdeveloped Te. For an INTJ, my tertiary (Fi) is far more developed, by comparison, than your tertiary (Te). What you should really be doing, rather than simply discriminating against Te, is considering how it could better be applied in your own life, as, if it were, you might be better at accomplishing your goals... The entire theory of typology (and don't go simply denying the theory now, cuz we've had enough conversations about this, and, whatever you say, you do accept that there seems to be a large degree of truth to it -- you don't get to just take it in piecemeal, and reject it when it goes against you) is rested on the fact that the latter functions support the former: that the auxiliary supports the dominant, and the tertiary supports both the dominant and auxiliary, and that the specific functions that fill in each of those spaces are meant to balance out the "blind spots" of the one(s) that proceed(s) it: as such, tertiary Te for an ENFP is supposed to balance out the fickleness and subjectivity of his or her Ne and Fi, by driving them to actually stay more focused and get things accomplished. It's a truly beautiful thing to imagine a female ENFP who has well-developed Te to complement her Ne and Fi (i.e., an ENFP who has her shit together)...

    With regards to the second: the plans, goals, and values towards which the city is striving come from a combination of Ni, Te, and Fi thinking. Te, being the extraverted Judging function, in the auxiliary position, would clearly be the most visible. But you have made the erroneous assumption that, simply because it is the most visible, it is the only function present (aside from the obvious ode to Se at the end [i.e., the three days of partying when the full moon is out {and yes, I realize I did not delineate how many days the party would last (frankly, I was surprised when I went back and reread my post that I hadn't), but, that is the amount of days I had in mind}]). The truth, on the other hand, is that Ni possibilities and Fi values underlie all action towards which the citizens are working. Te is simply the function that drives the action to accomplish these possibilities and values, and, as the extraverted judging function of the three, is far and away the most apparent. That doesn't mean the others don't exist -- to the contrary, they underlie everything.

    And, lastly, your belief that the city described would be inherently depressing, lacking of self-reflection, and any other garbage you wrote, is an indicator of how extremely discriminatory you are against other modes of thought which you clearly do not understand. It also shows that not only do you not understand them, but you don't even realize that you don't, and you don't realize that your own lack of understanding of them leads you to discriminate against them.

    It's all very apparent, and very unbecoming of you...

    I told you, baby: if you enter into this circle, I'm not holding back...


  3. #43
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    This response is complete nonsense...

    All you have done is shown: 1) your discriminatory nature against Te, and 2) your lack of understanding of where Ni and Fi are tacit in my description.

    With regards to the first: you have underdeveloped Te. For an INTJ, my tertiary (Fi) is far more developed, by comparison, than your tertiary (Te). What you should really be doing, rather than simply discriminating against it, is considering how the Te expressed in my post could better be applied to your own life, as, if it were, you might be better at accomplishing your goals. The entire theory of typology (and don't go simply denying the theory now, cuz we've had enough conversations about this, and, whatever you say, you do accept that there seems to be a large degree of truth to it -- you don't get to just take it in piecemeal, and reject it when it goes against you) is rested on the fact that the latter functions support the former: that the auxiliary supports the dominant, and the tertiary supports both the dominant and auxiliary, and that the specific functions that fill in each of those spaces are meant to balance out the "blind spots" of the one(s) that proceed(s) it: as such, tertiary Te for an ENFP is supposed to balance out the fickleness of his or her Ne and Fi, by driving them to actually stay more focused and get things accomplished. I can't imagine how beautiful an ENFP who has well-developed Te to go along with her Ne and Fi would be...

    With regards to the second: the plans, goals, and values towards which the city is striving come from a combination of Ni, Te, and Fi thinking. Te, being the extraverted Judging function, in the auxiliary position, would clearly be the most visible. But you have simply made the erroneous assumption that, because it is the most visible, it is the only function present (aside from the obvious ode to Se at the end [i.e., the three days of partying when the full moon is out {and yes, I realize I did not delineate how many days the party would last (frankly, I was surprised when I went back and reread my post that I hadn't), but, that is the amount of days I had in mind}]). The truth, on the other hand, is that Ni possibilities and Fi values underlie all action towards which the citizens are working. Te is simply the function that drives the action to accomplish these possibilities and values.

    And, lastly, your belief that the city described would be inherently depressing, lacking of self-reflection, and any other garbage you wrote, is an indicator of how extremely discriminatory you are against other modes of thought which you clearly do not understand.
    My response is complete nonsense.

    Now I understand, first hand, at least in this forum context, how when someone doesn't agree with you, they are not only wrong, but stupid.

    For you are always right, oh wise sage.

    I noticed the Se in your city, the Se and the Te, but you are smoking CRACK if you honestly believe that your city as described here, in your words

    Anyway, I really like myself, but I would say that my city would be dangerous.

    Not in the sense that you would be worried about evildoers, or anything of that sort, but it would just be intense.

    There would be all kinds of rapid movement taking place, the citizens would be highly critical and ready to snap at you if you are not working efficiently and doing your part to make the system/city better...

    Everyone would constantly be busy, but then, every once in a while (about once a month -- maybe when the moon comes out in full ), the whole city would go on break and just chill the fuck out.

    Drugs, booze, sex, music: the party would fucking rock.

    Then, after about three or so days of that stuff, another month of hardcore working to make the whole place run smoothly again
    D

    Your city reflects absolutely NO Fi, and this Ni that you speak, ummm.. where is it?



    Anyhow, I'm talking to you on the phone...
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  4. #44
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    My response is complete nonsense.

    Now I understand, first hand, at least in this forum context, how when someone doesn't agree with you, they are not only wrong, but stupid.

    For you are always right, oh wise sage.

    I noticed the Se in your city, the Se and the Te, but you are smoking CRACK if you honestly believe that your city as described here, in your words
    Reread your message and see how inflammatory it was...

    You explicitly deemed my soul hellish; implicitly, you deemed it depressing and lacking in self-reflection.

    The former, I can at least let slide, as it is simply your opinion.

    The latter, however, was stated as complete fact.

    That, I will not let slide.

    ***

    The fact of the matter is that this is all coming from an ENFP who (admittedly) has underdeveloped tertiary Te.

    Of course, my inner soul would seem hellish to you, but that does not mean that it is.

    You are simply discriminating against the exact thing you actually need more of in your life: Te.

    The medicine might not taste good, but it is exactly what you need...

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Your city reflects absolutely NO Fi, and this Ni that you speak, ummm.. where is it?
    Did you even read the entire paragraph I devoted to why your perception about this is completely off base?

    [side rant: I swear, the most annoying thing about forums, email lists, etc. (and, unfortunately, people even do this face-to-face in real life) is that people don't even actually read/listen to what other people have to say/write... even clearly stated, well-articulated stuff...]

    I dealt with this issue explicitly in the following paragraph:

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    With regards to the second (i.e., your lack of understanding of where Ni and Fi are tacit in my description): the plans, goals, and values towards which the city is striving come from a combination of Ni, Te, and Fi thinking. Te, being the extraverted Judging function, in the auxiliary position, would clearly be the most visible. But you have made the erroneous assumption that, simply because it is the most visible, it is the only function present... The truth, on the other hand, is that Ni possibilities and Fi values underlie all action towards which the citizens are working. Te is simply the function that drives the action to accomplish these possibilities and values.
    How does your comment respond in even the slightest degree to the paragraph above?

    It's like you didn't even read it...

    Just went right by you...


  5. #45
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    P.S. Sorry for the threadjack...

    ... this derail should be put in the "ENFP+INTJ=Disastrous Combo O' Love" thread...


  6. #46
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    ... this derail should be put in the "ENFP+INTJ=Disastrous Combo O' Love" thread...
    please.

    I put you guys to shame

    You guys are quite adorable and cute and you disagree over the proper structure of metaphorical cities in your mind. It makes me want to give both

    *Scampers away yapping and laughing*

  7. #47
    Senior Member Yloh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Now this sounds like fun. My city would be in three main parts.

    The first part would look like the cities from the movie "Speed Racer". It would be very colorful and there would be lots of fun things to do there. This city would be about 20 miles from a tropical beach. This part of the city represents my extroverted side.

    The second part would look like the wilderness from the movie "Avatar". This is where you can go to educate yourself about the world. This part of the city represents my deep side.

    The third part would look like the Sahara Desert. I always find those kind of deserts to be very beautiful and those kind of deserts are often a theme in my dreams. I would go here to be alone and be at peace. This part of the city represents my introverted side.

    People would live in all three parts and going from one part to another would be very easy.

  8. #48
    Senior Member You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    The city of mine? Well, first of all it'd be a metroplis. It would be a plot of land built out on the ocean. Not an island. It'd be totally manufactured. I saw this crap on the History Channel. True story...

    Anyway, the people that lived there would all be refugees from destroyed lands, like Katrina survivors, Haitians, Ethiopians, and Pacific Islanders. Why Pacific Islanders? Because they are sexy, and so are Ethopians. The city would mostly make it's money on hobbyist, like fisherman, loggers, basketball team - all sorts of things people do, but placed on a grander scale for income.

    It would serve as a great escape. Sort of like Las Vegas, but with a basketball team. It would be out in the Pacific, between California and Hawaii.

    It'd be amazing, and everyone on the boards is invited!!!

  9. #49
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surgery View Post
    Officially the most self-pitying thread ever. Yay, good work NFs!!!
    Ha! Yeah...

    I've been thinking about another possible scenario for my town... It would be revolving around itself so that if you walked a street a couple of days ago, it wouldn't be there today. Also, there would be an invisible monster that goes around eating buildings and giving birth to new ones. The center of the city would be protected from the monster, but every now and then it would break through and change the structure. When that happens, everyone will think that the new center is better than the old one. If you happen to ask directions, you will be given a map drawn by a four-year-old. If you ask about the history of the city, you will get a lot of information about the general idea behind it and the future plans but not that much about the past.

    The factory is a sweatshop producing art for everyday needs. The workers like their jobs, but have to have armed guards keeping them in, as they would rather work less. Whenever there is a distraction of some sort, everyone drops whatever they were doing and a party breaks loose. The guards will happily join in as they are just as tired with their jobs.

    EDIT: Oh, and from the outside, the city would look like there is no movement at all, you would have to sit still for the whole day to see it. The time in the city is slowed down a lot. But, sometimes someone spices up the well and the city picks up speed and get to such a spin that half of the inhabitants die of exhaustion.

    The government has some pretty interesting dynamics, too. The mayor seems to be a man, but most of the decisions have a certain feminine tone to them. This is because the mayor is a puppet for the real boss. In fact, most of the men in the city are kept around to make everything seem normal to outsiders. The police, the traders and the science team are men, but there are no other purposes for them, so the majority of the male children are put to sleep after birth and sacrificed to the invisible monster. But the men who are alive are actually better off than the women. It is forbidden for most women to ever leave the city, and overall their freedom is quite limited compared to the men. On special occasions there are diplomatic missions for women to some of the more important neighboring cities, but usually all the diplomacy is in the hands of men.

    The invisible monster, btw, is the cornerstone of the local religion. It is both feared and worshiped. Mostly worshiped, because it keeps things interesting. Inspired by the monster, the elections are held in game show style and the five-year plan is selected randomly from a box of hand made fortune cookies.

    The defense of the city-state is based on judo. Whenever there is an enemy that won't get tired of falling on its face, the city will grow legs and relocate. Usually the defense is not necessary, though, since the foreign policy is to have a number of loyal allies that are kept symbiotically close. But even with them, the motorway is often shut down. This is usually because the invisible monster has been playing around and the intersections need to be rebuilt.

  10. #50
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    It might be dead, it might not be. Toss the coin or look in the box, that's the only way to know...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] What would it be like if NF's were the majority?
    By sych0 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 09-24-2014, 03:26 PM
  2. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 07-15-2013, 09:30 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 12:08 AM
  4. [MBTItm] If your life were a sitcom....
    By Tucker in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 10:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO