First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    You mention that your friend "gets [you]" but that you have difficulty pinpointing certain personality characteristics of his. Such an imbalance really leaves you vulnerable in the relationship (whatever it is or may become). I have noticed in the past that NFs can be really susceptible to certain kinds of "connections" and can be really hurt as a result; it's like there are certain key phrases or modes of thought that one can present which will make NFs melt, but that aren't necessarily representative of the whole truth.

Just thought I'd mention it, even though you didn't ask and it's off topic.

Why?

Because I felt like it.
    Sorry it just seemed so cryptic. I apologize.

I don't really protect myself like that anymore. I did when I was younger out of survival, but now I tend to be open, honest and real. Self protection prevents that. I may get hurt, but that is just life.
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

You mention that your friend "gets [you]" but that you have difficulty pinpointing certain personality characteristics of his. Such an imbalance really leaves you vulnerable in the relationship (whatever it is or may become).
    I was thinking he was just really balanced, so I was having a hard time seeing his preferences. So you think that maybe he gets me, but I don't get him? That that may be where the trouble lies? Am I understanding correctly?

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by angelhair45 View Post
    I was thinking he was just really balanced, so I was having a hard time seeing his preferences. So you think that maybe he gets me, but I don't get him? That that may be where the trouble lies? Am I understanding correctly?
    He may just be really balanced.

With your past and more recent interactions in mind, where would you say the topics of your conversations rest? Do you talk a lot about his interests; your interests? Does he ask you questions about your interests and then relate them to himself? How forthcoming with information is he, relative to your own openness?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Maybe he is an INFJ

Oh and types that really seem to get me - probably ENFPs. Not sure why.

Maybe some types are better at getting people in general - or making others feel that they do.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

He may just be really balanced.

With your past and more recent interactions in mind, where would you say the topics of your conversations rest? Do you talk a lot about his interests; your interests? Does he ask you questions about your interests and then relate them to himself? How forthcoming with information is he, relative to your own openness?
    He is very open. Our conversations seem to revolve around what we think or feel about things. Very random. Tangents all over the place. We can talk for hours and hours. I am very comfortable with him and he seems the same. He is very eloquent and can put his thoughts into words very well, though he says it's only with me. He has a hard time expressing himself to others.

We do talk about interests, but I think we are both more interested in each others thoughts and feelings about those interests. Oh we both share a very similar twisted sense of humor.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Maybe he is an INFJ

I just read this profile Portrait of an INFJ

This definitely sounds more like him than anything I've read yet so far . He is an accountant, but it seems he is always changing his job or moving or something. He's also pretty involved in goth clubs and bands. He may seem a contradiction going from "normal" to wearing all black and makeup. I would definitely say music is his passion, always has been, and a lot of his friends share this passion or interest with him.

Does that sound like a possible INFJ traits.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Only one that came close to understanding me is my infj friend.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Maybe he is an INFJ

Maybe some types are better at getting people in general - or making others feel that they do.
    People usually tell me I understand them better than other people I know. I think ENFPs have that tendency. I rarely feel like others understand me though.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

INFPs. I've always clicked so instantly with INFPs. <3 Between two INFPs I know, they know everything about me ever. Ever.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    INFPs. I've always clicked so instantly with INFPs. <3 Between two INFPs I know, they know everything about me ever. Ever.
    Interesting. I'm an INFP, and all my friends (of all types) tell me things about themselves that they don't tell anyone else.

They know I would never gossip about them or judge them for it. They know they can tell me anything, and they know it stops with me.

I feel honored to keep their secrets and to be so trusted.

Edit... Lest you think me conceited: I'm know that I'm their confidante, but I also know I'm not the first person they call when they want to have a drink and some light conversation.