User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Ha, ha I do that calendar thing too. I only usually say yes when I am pressured into it and there doesn't seem to be a way of getting out of it or being non-committal without making a scene in front of a third party. One on one I may explain, or I may just arrange to be busy.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Ha, ha I do that calendar thing too. I only usually say yes when I am pressured into it and there doesn't seem to be a way of getting out of it or being non-committal without making a scene in front of a third party. One on one I may explain, or I may just arrange to be busy.
    Buying time and letting the "Ni" answer and not the "Fe" (correct me if I am totally off on what these mean; I'm learning as I go). I need time to SIT on decisions. Someone asks me something, I take hours or a day to get back to them -- even if it's just a coffee date. If logistics are being done by e-mail, this is completely acceptable and not at all awkward.

I also have a "knee jerk yes", so I always ask for "time to think about it" whether or not I feel I need it in the conversation. Then I can sit on my decision. I did it this morning, and the professor I was talking to said, "yes, I know you think about things carefully" -- so maybe this process is visible?