User Tag List

First 234

Thread: ENFP vs. ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    The ENFp-Ne subtype is definitely a typical ENFP... a kind of job hopping, goofy, brimming with ideas type. ENFp-Fi is different. These are kind of like some "benevolent" MBTI ENFJ descriptions. Think the Oracle in the Matrix. People who are good one to one, encourage unseen potential in others.
    I wonder if there IS a correlation between subtype and MBTI type...

Quote Originally Posted by KDude
    ENFjs are Beta.. Their quadra is defined by Ni-Se, not Ne-Si. In a sense, more single/visionary goals and concerns with upward mobility. They have a Se hidden agenda, like ENTjs.. so they're very direct, active, and often try to be leaders. They have Si polr, and often don't care for relaxing or their health. They're usually workaholics. There's something of a "young adult" energy and ambition to Betas in general (even the IEIs.. who are intense and often ambitious.. they just often need help). And when it comes to the two extroverts (ENFj and ESTp), there's a lot of Enneagram 3 and 8 between them. This goes without mentioning that ENFjs are known for more intense displays of emotion and theatricality. Fi types in Socionics are like Jungian Fi - emotions are more subdued, about their subjective values. They are not compelled to convey what's required or expected or useful in the objective social sense.
    The only Fe-dom I've known is an ESFj. She was very scattered, and she only achieved something in specific instances when she worked hard (she's an ESFJ in MBTI). I definitely wouldn't call her ambitious.

The ESTj I knew, on the other hand, who does not seek Se, was VERY ambitious. Not only did she work hard but she achieved SO MUCH. Even though the ESFj had Se as her 8th function, too, the ESTj did more.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Ness View Post
    I wonder if there IS a correlation between subtype and MBTI type...
    I've wondered the same myself.

The only Fe-dom I've known is an ESFj. She was very scattered, and she only achieved something in specific instances when she worked hard (she's an ESFJ in MBTI). I definitely wouldn't call her ambitious.

The ESTj I knew, on the other hand, who does not seek Se, was VERY ambitious. Not only did she work hard but she achieved SO MUCH. Even though the ESFj had Se as her 8th function, too, the ESTj did more.
    Socionics ESjs are pretty different than what I mentioned above. They don't have a Se hidden agenda/mobilizing function like ENjs. Their Se is called the demonstrative function. It's not a big priority. They have Ni Polr, rather than Si Polr. They are adept at Si, detailed, and care a lot about their physical/comfort state..and try to help others here too. While the Ni polr transfers to MBTI stereotypes with ESJs and "familiarity". They become worrywarts with the unknown, and need someone to help them see how situations will develop properly.. often they take it in their own hands and try to control the outcome of everything.. insuring success that way.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    They become worrywarts with the unknown, and need someone to help them see how situations will develop properly.. often they take it in their own hands and try to control the outcome of everything.. insuring success that way.
    I wondered what Ni PoLR was like. Hmm, I'm not sure if an ESj would enjoy me because I'm also a worrywart of the unknown. Except, I only take things into my own hands when it has to do with Fi things (close friends, humanitarian efforts, etc).

What sucks about the MBTI/socionics overlap is that ESTs could be our best friends or worst enemies.

The major difference is that's ENFP are change-oriented leadership that prefer working with ideas and project, while ENFJ are people-oriented leadership to take care of people and their feelings. ENFP want to develop people through new ideas 💡 but ENFJ want to give people whatever they want, kind of like mothers.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so

As an ENFP, I think ENFJs are great overall. Though sometimes I get then and ESFJs confused, which is not necessarily bad- I generally get along well with Fe doms. For the ENFJs I know, I find that they are often people I'm not instantly connected with, but I enjoy them more and more over time. That's how strong Fe typically is with me—I wouldn't say I'm drawn to it, but I love it when I'm exposed to it.
    As far as the difference, it's hard to articulate. I find that ENFJs are usually a bit more realistic and down to earth than ENFPs at times. Our function stack is also different so we will have different thought processes behind our actions even if the actions could seem similar.

MBTI
    ENFJ

SIMILARITY
    Charismatic
    Understand people

DIFFERENCES
    ENFP
    - Funnier
    - Interested more in idea than in people themselves
    - Most likely don't pry or ask too much about personal life
    - Normally acts like a spike and fast idea but not long-lasting
    - Barely seen as a control freak

ENFJ
    - Bit more serious
    - Interested in people more
    - Most likely ask about personal life because concern
    - Normally a bit slower and give organized idea but long-lasting
    - Can be seen as a control freak

How I ENFJ see ENFP
    - Funny
    - Fun to talk and generate idea with
    - Sometimes childish
    - Sometimes doesn't take serious when i need him to.

Overall : I love them.
    p/s : Based on my personal opinion

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I'm an ENFJ who always tests as an ENFP.

1) I know I'm ENFJ despite always testing as ENFP because I am strongly Fe dominant. Connecting with people is very important to me.

2) I think one of the reasons I test as ENFP instead of ENFJ is because I have ADHD that isn't treated or medicated. A lot of my tendencies come across like some of the negatives associated with ENFP: easily distracted, flaky, not completing tasks, flighty. In actuality, I'm quite organized. I'm a planner. I help lead many groups and am the organizational backbone.

I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else, but knowing myself was what helped me determine my type, despite having been mistyped for 20 years.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by BAD1973 View Post
    I'm an ENFJ who always tests as an ENFP.

1) I know I'm ENFJ despite always testing as ENFP because I am strongly Fe dominant. Connecting with people is very important to me.

2) I think one of the reasons I test as ENFP instead of ENFJ is because I have ADHD that isn't treated or medicated. A lot of my tendencies come across like some of the negatives associated with ENFP: easily distracted, flaky, not completing tasks, flighty. In actuality, I'm quite organized. I'm a planner. I help lead many groups and am the organizational backbone.

I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else, but knowing myself was what helped me determine my type, despite having been mistyped for 20 years.
    I decided to take a cognitive function test to see what it says I am. For the first time EVER I did not test at ENFP! I tested as ESFP. What?! I'm so confused. I guess I really have no idea what type I am. At all.