Thread: ENFP vs. ENFJ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I agree w/ you 100% actually. It was Simulated World's ideas... not mine. I just put it up because Rebe wanted it. I am starting to despise the limited view of Fe. I'm an ENFJ and I have a huge individualist streak (in some ways more than my ENFP sister) but only show it around those I trust.
    Oh, I was aware of that
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by CocoB View Post
    You know what is so weird? I sometimes test as an ENFP, then i'll retest and i'll be an ENFJ???? The more i look around on each forum and all the topics, i see characteristic's from each the ENFP and ENFJ... that both define ME
    It's quite confusing.... So, now i'm wondering.... What am i?
    NF will have some things in common- maybe that's why can relate with both Enfp and enfj . But their is a big difference between Fe vs. Ne. You have to determine which one you use the most or is dominant.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Ratsimoan View Post
    NF will have some things in common- maybe that's why can relate with both Enfp and enfj . But their is a big difference between Fe vs. Ne. You have to determine which one you use the most or is dominant.
    Case in point! By far, ENFPs have been the single type to ask for excessive name changes. And when I say excessive, I mean 3+.

Me, I'd be embarrassed asking someone to do something for me that many times...I look flaky and capricious and I'd feel like I was abusing the goodwill of the madmins by asking so much. Maybe that's a difference between Ne and Fe; I'd stop because I feel like I'd overstepped some boundaries, I'd feel like I'd asked too many favors and if I did do it more than three times I'd be really grovelly and thankful and promise not to do it again.

I don't know if this means anything, just something I noticed at work in real time.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ratsimoan View Post
    I am fairly new on the site and to the MBTI... so, could you help me with this question and remember "No question is a stupid question"... LoL.
    BUT, Fe is Feeling and Ne is intuition? Correct or No?
    "I Guess ii KiLLa-Kill Em.. I Guess ii AM the Villian.... I Park on the Curb, i'm on the Owner of the Buildin" NM

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Case in point! By far, ENFPs have been the single type to ask for excessive name changes. And when I say excessive, I mean 3+.

Me, I'd be embarrassed asking someone to do something for me that many times...I look flaky and capricious and I'd feel like I was abusing the goodwill of the madmins by asking so much. Maybe that's a difference between Ne and Fe; I'd stop because I feel like I'd overstepped some boundaries, I'd feel like I'd asked too many favors and if I did do it more than three times I'd be really grovelly and thankful and promise not to do it again.

I don't know if this means anything, just something I noticed at work in real time.
    LOL! I apologize for my people.

Seriously though... I don't think that ENFPs care less about being considerate to other people than ENFJs. I think that perhaps it's hard for ENFPs to remember that not everyone is.... well P.

Dom Ne is very different from Dom Fe. Ne dominants with P are all about seeing allllllll the possibilities. This is the driving force in their personalities. This supplants the Fe considerations you outline above.

Perhaps it's not the difference between Fe and Fi that separates ENFJs and ENFPs so much. Perhaps it's the different of Ne versus Fe. Now that I think about it, Fe and Fi in practice often are not that different.... But Fe and Ne are VERY different.

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    The beginning of this is awful and seems very much the biased opinion of the author. The pitting of Fi against Fe is soooo tiresome. I don't see Fe at odds with my Fi all the time or even most of the time. I rather enjoy many Fe-doms and find our values in-sync, even of coming from a different kind of reasoning. This paints Fi as close-minded, paranoid, stubborn and arbitrary. The bolded parts are especially bad and unfounded in reality (Fi-doms don't eat up MBTI? Since when? Isabel Myers & the large number of IxFP enthusiast on these boards would probably disagree).

Personally, I don't see Fe as blindly adopting and adhering to social standards. I see them recognizing a need for unity in standards, and so there is emphasis on creating consensus and promoting harmonious interpersonal relationships. Not that Fi does not value these things, or that Fe does not value individuality, rather, they sort of start at opposite ends and often have a similar goal. In that sense, I find them complementary when at their best, and picking up where the other leaves off.

Most of the ENFJs I know are as much "champions" of the outsiders as any ENFP. They are a little less likely to stir the pot openly, and a little more "smooth", but that means they accomplish more at times. I would say that ENFJs are better at working within the constraints of an external value system, whereas ENFPs will create a new path to keep in line with their internal value system and not cause conflict with the external (as imposing their values is often seen as something to avoid). Both change perspectives to avoid disharmony and both will adapt to reach a larger goal, but in a reverse way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I agree w/ you 100% actually. It was Simulated World's ideas... not mine. I just put it up because Rebe wanted it. I am starting to despise the limited view of Fe. I'm an ENFJ and I have a huge individualist streak (in some ways more than my ENFP sister) but only show it around those I trust.
    I agree that the SimulatedWorld description of Fi (see back to the previous page) is biased. But, it's supposed to be.

SimulatedWorld's description is not about Fe. It's about Fi and how it feels for Fi users.

I have auxiliary Fi and this IS how it feels for me. These are judgment functions don't forget. They are supposed to cut the wheat from the chaff. I think there is a bias in Fi that finds undertones of shallowness and fakeness in Fe.

One function isn't better than the other. They are different. Isn't part of any judgment function (Fe, Fi, Te, Ti) to think it's right and the others are wrong? This is probably pretty useful from a personality perspective (don't we need to think we're right when we make a decision?), but not always what you want when you're trying to be empathetic.

Now, I as a (hopefully) mature and empathetic person can rise above the inherent biases in my Fi. And, in general I think I do. I also would hope that (hopefully) mature and empathetic Fe users can see beyond their inherent Fe biases to appreciate the beauty in Fi, and not chalk Fi up to being self-centered and inconsiderate of the group.

What I'm far more interested in, is do Dom Fi users and Auxiliary Fi users feel the same way about Fi that I and other Fi auxiliary users do? In other words, my hunch is that INFPs might not so strongly identify with the SimulatedWorld description of Fi as ENFPs. My intuition about this is fairly strong, but I'm at a loss as to exactly why this would be so.

Any INFPs want to join in the conversation?

Quote Originally Posted by CocoB View Post
    I am fairly new on the site and to the MBTI... so, could you help me with this question and remember "No question is a stupid question"... LoL.
    BUT, Fe is Feeling and Ne is intuition? Correct or No?
    Hi CoCoB! Welcome to the TypologyCentral.com!!!!

Yes. Fe is "extraverted feeling" and Ne is "extraverted intuition." For a concise but thorough summary of what the heck these mean, check out this link: Myers Briggs - the Dynamic Model

If you're not familiar with the part of MBTI that talks about hierarchies of functions, you'll be in for a real treat. In my not so humble opinion, this is where MBTI really makes leaps forward in explaining human personality compared to any other personality theory I've encountered.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    I agree that the SimulatedWorld description of Fi (see back to the previous page) is biased. But, it's supposed to be.

SimulatedWorld's description is not about Fe. It's about Fi and how it feels for Fi users.

I have auxiliary Fi and this IS how it feels for me. These are judgment functions don't forget. They are supposed to cut the wheat from the chaff. I think there is a bias in Fi that finds undertones of shallowness and fakeness in Fe.

One function isn't better than the other. They are different. Isn't part of any judgment function (Fe, Fi, Te, Ti) to think it's right and the others are wrong? This is probably pretty useful from a personality perspective (don't we need to think we're right when we make a decision?), but not always what you want when you're trying to be empathetic.

Now, I as a (hopefully) mature and empathetic person can rise above the inherent biases in my Fi. And, in general I think I do. I also would hope that (hopefully) mature and empathetic Fe users can see beyond their inherent Fe biases to appreciate the beauty in Fi, and not chalk Fi up to being self-centered and inconsiderate of the group.

What I'm far more interested in, is do Dom Fi users and Auxiliary Fi users feel the same way about Fi that I and other Fi auxiliary users do? In other words, my hunch is that INFPs might not so strongly identify with the SimulatedWorld description of Fi as ENFPs. My intuition about this is fairly strong, but I'm at a loss as to exactly why this would be so.
    But the funny part is that Simulated World is tertiary Fe. I usually get along MUCH better w/ IXFPs than ENFPs. INFPs are Fi dom and I tend to get along great w/ them as an Fe dom. I don't hate ENFPs, by any means, but we mis-communicate a lot esp. with each others' reasons for doing things. ENFPs seem to read crazy things into my motives (sometimes way off base) and I may sometimes judge a bit too quickly into the ENFP's motives (may be on the right track but don't look for enough clues to see the full picture).

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Why is there always so much fighting over Fi vs. Fe?

Best friend is an ENFJ and I think we relate and compliment each other very well. His sense of perfection helps keep me going and I help teach him to pick battles and let things go. I think it works out great.

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    Then there's the fact that ENFPs and ENFJs are renowned for not getting along. Let me quote this socionics description of ENFP/ENFJ relations:

ENFJs are usually either ENFjs or ENFps in socionics. ENFPs are usually either ENFjs or ENFps in socionics. Either they have identical relations in socionics, or quasi-identical relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Ness View Post

ENFJs are usually either ENFjs or ENFps in socionics. ENFPs are usually either ENFjs or ENFps in socionics. Either they have identical relations in socionics, or quasi-identical relations.
    Yeah, there's some overlap, I think.

The ENFp-Ne subtype is definitely a typical ENFP... a kind of job hopping, goofy, brimming with ideas type. ENFp-Fi is different. These are kind of like some "benevolent" MBTI ENFJ descriptions. Think the Oracle in the Matrix. People who are good one to one, encourage unseen potential in others.

ENFjs are Beta.. Their quadra is defined by Ni-Se, not Ne-Si. In a sense, more single/visionary goals and concerns with upward mobility. They have a Se hidden agenda, like ENTjs.. so they're very direct, active, and often try to be leaders. They have Si polr, and often don't care for relaxing or their health. They're usually workaholics. There's something of a "young adult" energy and ambition to Betas in general (even the IEIs.. who are intense and often ambitious.. they just often need help). And when it comes to the two extroverts (ENFj and ESTp), there's a lot of Enneagram 3 and 8 between them. This goes without mentioning that ENFjs are known for more intense displays of emotion and theatricality. Fi types in Socionics are like Jungian Fi - emotions are more subdued, about their subjective values. They are not compelled to convey what's required or expected or useful in the objective social sense.