User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by boondocked View Post
    my ENFP ex-boyfriend was exactly like me until he found one pretty all-consuming passion.

what do you mean by that?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by thescientist View Post
    Maybe I am wrong, but I have a feeling ENFPs can't stand to be single for very long (both men and women).

So out of pure curiosity and desire to debunk or confirm my hunch I'd like to ask you all:

What's the longest you've stayed single (including short-lived relationships and/or not-so-serious ones)?

Do you feel you always need to be in a relationship with someone? Why so? For instance, when you get out of a relationship, do you soon after involve yourself in another one? What need is it that being with someone fulfills (even if you recognize that someone will only be a temporary part of your life)?
    I've stayed single probably about 3 months at the longest. I have felt like I always need to be on relationship. But I think that need is decreasing as I'm getting older.

I had the need to be with another person because I didn't feel whole when alone. I simply didn't know how to be alone and I certainly didn't want to be alone. But I've learned that too when getting older. I can handle myself when alone, I am in peace with myself and I don't need other people and situation to feed me energy and ideas.
    Last edited by alcea rosea; 06-30-2010 at 01:24 AM.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Most of my life. So far 3 years to be honset. But including not so serious, I'd say...uh...about a year.

MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    what do you mean by that?
    He found a girl that he loves so completely that, if they broke up, I think it would take him years to get over her enough to date anyone else. He wouldn't be able to compartmentalize his feelings for her, and dating anyone else would feel like a poor substitute. It's definitely a new development for him. His attitude toward every previous relationship (including ours) was a sort of 'let's see where this goes' easy-going-ness.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by boondocked View Post
    He found a girl that he loves so completely that, if they broke up, I think it would take him years to get over her enough to date anyone else. He wouldn't be able to compartmentalize his feelings for her, and dating anyone else would feel like a poor substitute. It's definitely a new development for him. His attitude toward every previous relationship (including ours) was a sort of 'let's see where this goes' easy-going-ness.
    right...yeah...okay thanks.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

a few years after college with dating here and there.
    i don't know if it's so much my personality type, as it is my own personal development that has to do with my attitude towards relationships.

i was much more co-dependant when i was in my teens.
    in my early 20s i just tried to do everything the exact opposite as my teen years.
    and now in my late 20s, i'm just on a search for balance.

and sometimes a search just has to be done alone.
    Last edited by mmhmm; 07-06-2010 at 09:35 PM.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

The longest period of singledom was somewhere between 4-5 years, recovering from a very young first love.

For the other questions, I couldn't have said it better myself -see Esoteric Wench's response.

In short - I'm picky, I'd rather stay single than get involved with someone lacking potential longtermness. I still have periods of 1-2 years between relationships. I don't do casual and I don't feel like I have to be with someone constantly. I'd rather use the single periods, however long they are to concentrate intensely on relationships with friends and family and work.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

this thread would be better (science!) with enneagram + instinctual subtype.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    this thread would be better (science!) with enneagram + instinctual subtype.
    I agree

Also, I wonder if the degree of their "E" might have something to do with it...the more Extroverted, the more you need to surround yourself with people?

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Aww, thought it said INFP. I wanted to surprise everyone by saying 6 years.