User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

I have an ENFP friend who keeps on moving from one relationship to another. She's never, EVER single. It confuses me, because while she's serious in each of those relationships, she can move on to the next guy in a blink.

Usual disclaimers... I don't speak for all ENFP's... blah blah blah.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

garbage

well, it was 11 years between my first serious relationship and my second

there was a three-year period in there where I had at least a few not-so-serious ones that lasted less than two months apiece, so we can rightfully break that 11 years into two four-year chunks of complete singleness

hmmm... one at 14 that lasted for a month, one at 28 that has lasted for six months. That's pretty cool actually. I start a relationship every 14 years .
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

I was single until I was 16. and then not again for longer than a week or so ever....

Relationships are sort of my life... affection, security, cuddles, compliments, I always have that special someone to text when I have a bad or good day, and it helps me to never be lonely.

but that might just be me because I know an ENFP man who has only had one relationship and loves the single life, I dont think he plans on dating again until he's 35.
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    20+ years

Single is, and will always be, my default state. My Fi self-awareness trumps my Ne openness 9 times out of 10. So much so that would consider myself anti-openness. I'm very quick to keep people at bay. And most people are just boring.
    couldn't have said it any better.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Wow, this makes me feel like a really weird ENFP. I'm too critical towards other to not be single. Relationships aren't my life at all. I had my first (sort of) relationship when I was 17 and next Thursday I'll be single for a year again. I don't feel like having a lover right at the moment. Maybe again when I'm old and I need someone to clean my diapers every now and then.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by gigi_xo View Post
    not again for longer than a week or so ever....
    That's kuh-ray-z.

Quote Originally Posted by thescientist View Post
    Wow, I've gotten the "people are boring" vibe from an ENFP before, but that didnt stop them from over-the-top socially engaging everyone. Why do you keep people at bay? Doesnt seem too typical of ENFPs. Was there a significant event in your life that brought that about?
    You've already made your mind about ENFPs, so what were you expecting? :P

I engage people socially pretty easily. I make friends easily. I just never had that many really close connections with girls. Often because a guy is expected to a certain way with girls. I treat everyone the same.

I also need to fall in love first I think, to consider a relationship. I don't date just to see where things lead. I don't date to form bonds. I have to wait for the bonds to form, and then I consider a relationship. I'm also very quick to dismiss fleeting crushes, and as experience as shown me, for a good reason because they eventually don't seem as ideal as I made them be in my head.

There is a whole lot of things I don't want for myself when I think of the average person's dating life too. People often fail to notice red flags or acknowledge them anyway, and I never do. Also, I'm very cynical of the potential of most relationships. And I'm perfectly fine being single.

A simple and banal thing to many people out there like a kiss, is something monumental to me. I'm not touchy-feely and I like to be sure of things before I jump in.

As far as your questions is concerned...well there could have been a number of reasons. But those are the same reasons that made me who I am. For better or for worse.

I've been single for about a year now.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    Wow, this makes me feel like a really weird ENFP. I'm too critical towards other to not be single. Relationships aren't my life at all. I had my first (sort of) relationship when I was 17 and next Thursday I'll be single for a year again. I don't feel like having a lover right at the moment. Maybe again when I'm old and I need someone to clean my diapers every now and then.
    You're not weird! I'm not sure this is true for all ENFPs, but when I'm single, I'm perfectly happy to be single. When I'm truly happy with the person I'm dating, I'm happy to be in a relationship. I can feel fulfilled either way.

It's mostly about living a meaningful, exciting, joyful life, no matter what context that occurs in.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Liesl View Post
    You're not weird! I'm not sure this is true for all ENFPs, but when I'm single, I'm perfectly happy to be single. When I'm truly happy with the person I'm dating, I'm happy to be in a relationship. I can feel fulfilled either way.
    I think being happy with onesself is the real issue here, not type, though maybe some elements of type make one more susceptible to this...my eSFJ roommate just broke up with her boyfriend and is struggling to change her tendency to hop right into another relationship to make herself feel better. It was the same for me, as well. I think if you are not fully (or mostly) happy with yourself, it's a tendency for some to rely on a relationship to fill that void when it might not be the best thing to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)