• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF what do you think of money?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like money for pragmatic reasons and would be glad to be in control of a great deal of it to put to use in a helpful way, and would ideally have a number of streams of passive income.

I am anti-elitist. I don't like money for status, and feel at odds around people who do because it is an irrational elitism. People have tended to think I have more money than I do over the years because I am capable and confident as far as they are concerned, but I grew up without it and near the poverty line and saw a great deal of hypocrisy from the rich and am rather turned off by the whole culture. There is a great deal of ignorance that accompanies privilege that perpetuates social problems.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i love spending it. making it is a different story.

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I'm not very good with money, I wish I had a bit more than I have currently (just enough to survive :() For me money means changes and possibilities - and I like changes and possibilities - so I guess I like money.

When I think of all the fantastic things I could do/build/create/change if I had money...wow, my brain goes into over-drive :smile:

G

garbage

let's think about this for one second or less

.. money is .. ... good...?

however, people still seem to think that it does more than it actually does

e.g. that rich people can never have any problems

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Necessary frigging evil.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
If anyone who wants to give me a whole lot of money asks, here's my answer:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k5ooaufrLM"]Money[/YOUTUBE]

:wink:

Though more seriously, I think our society could stand to be less centered around money and commerce, and more around people. But so far, that's the only kind of society we've been able to set up that works. And seeing as how I need money to achieve anything, including donating to charities, spreading my ideals, and such... I'll take as much of it as I can get. Being an NF just means I won't use it all selfishly.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going to pull a 180 and say that I LOVE money. it is true that money is the root of all evil, but that is only true because 1) people who can't make money do terrible things to get it and 2) people who have no money have no power to do evil. it's not money that's evil, it's how it's obtained and what one does with it that can be evil. the reason I love money is because all it really is is a means of extra options. let's face it, if you want even 1 item on the list below, you need a fair amount of money to be happy:
1) medical/health maintenance
2) safety/security
3) adequate living space
4) healthy, good quality food
5) exercise equipment
6) vacations
7) nice clothes
8) education
9) enough money to raise a child properly
10) capital for investment and retirement
11) comfort appliances (comfortable furniture, bed, living atmosphere, etc)
12) enough of a cushion so that you don't have to be so damn careful with every dime you spend
13) the ability to be hospitable to guests (to an extent)
14) the ability to have any sort of hobby
15) a safety cushion for unfortunate events (such as a tree falling over on your car)
16) money to take good care of yourself and stay sexy looking (especially if you're a woman)
17) give to charity
good luck getting any of this if you're poor. good luck getting all of this if you make less than $50,000 a year. seriously, it's politically correct to think that money isn't important, but frankly anyone who truly believes that is a total imbecile.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I genuinely hate money. I like the things it can buy, but i'd rather just trade stuff for stuff. It's just a creation that enables some people to just sit on their asses and not live like the hunter-gatherers we are supposed to be.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I genuinely hate money. I like the things it can buy, but i'd rather just trade stuff for stuff. It's just a creation that enables some people to just sit on their asses and not live like the hunter-gatherers we are supposed to be.

you've got to be kidding me. unless you have seriously studied the livestyle and history of hunter gatherers and decided on a suitable location in which to live, that is an incredibly ignorant comment (if you have done this, I retract my comment). It's like you're saying that the desire to be safe and comfortable with modern appliances makes one less of a man, which is quite ridiculous. I don't see how you can possibly hate money when it is the reason you are able to eat everyday and not have risk your life every single time you want a meal that comprises of anything more than nuts and berries. oh yeah, and the average life expectency of a hunter gatherer is around 45. if you are female, say goodbye to your sex life after 30 because I gurantee you will not be doable past that age. I can't speak for you, but I think most people hate money because it gives them choices, which in turn means that they actually have to be disciplined and can't just exist mindlessly. without money, we would have no goods to trade with each other than primitive tools and raw materials.
PS: in your defense, one nice benefit to not having money is that there would be no wars (it's true, all wars are faught primarily for money)

G

garbage

PS: in your defense, one nice benefit to not having money is that there would be no wars (it's true, all wars are faught primarily for money)

except all of the ones that were fought for land

and the ones that were fought for other scarce resources

as long as there's perceived scarcity in any dimension, there's gonna be jealousy, envy, insecurity, and war

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Money is taken for granted. When you don't have a penny, you are a non-person. It's absolutely necessary. I hate this fact. You can't even use public transport without it, or eat, or have a roof over your head.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Money is taken for granted. When you don't have a penny, you are a non-person. It's absolutely necessary. I hate this fact. You can't even use public transport without it, or eat, or have a roof over your head.

in European countries, you can't even urinate without paying money

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
except all of the ones that were fought for land

and the ones that were fought for other scarce resources

as long as there's perceived scarcity in any dimension, there's gonna be jealousy, envy, insecurity, and war

people who wage war are usually quite confident and powerful. wars are caused by these people manipulating other people's jealousy, envy and insecurity, as well as some of their more admirable qualities like loyalty, courage, desire to protect country and kin and religious faith. as far as the other points you're spot on though.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
part of life. it gets a bad rap because people channel their anxieties and need for control into it.

Marmie Dearest said:
I like money. It's nice to have.

But there are other things which are equally or more important. It's a means to an end, not an end in and of itself.

:yes:

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Money is a very valuable thing and I am pretty frugal with it except when I'm not. I do tend to splurge on things I want and those are the things I save up for. But I am frugal with my paycheck, somewhat with gift money but less so. I don't appreciate when I bring up the point "I want to save my money" or I'm saving up for something" people go on to ask "what for?" Never ask people about their finances or how much money they have or make, a big no no no tabooo.

It is something we all want, all need and with the cruddy shape of the economy, it's hard to come by these days. Though people can get very greedy and corrupted by it, some say that money is the route of all evil. The original expression was "The love of money is the route of all evil." Money itself is not good or evil, it can be used for either or. It's how people are affected by it that leads to the proverbial one of the 7 deadly sins.

It is a tool that serves a practical purpose. Unfortunately, it’s a tool that the powerful abuse, wielding it as a weapon. We’re shackled to it from the moment we draw our first breath until we exit with our last. It’s insidious and divisive and people often mistakenly use it to apply a system of judgment. It narrows humanity’s vision and limits potential. It drives wars, it fuels crime, it subverts justice and it warps values and regardless of what type of governmental system humans put into place- it will corrupt it.

To think that 99.9% of the expanding universe is completely not driven by it or beholden to it. I’m living in the wrong part of that percentage.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Money is an energy

I am rather minimalist. But money is much more than this of course.

First of all it is the reward of my own independance. As a human being and even more as a woman...
It is also what allows me to do what I love on an individualistic point of view. I could even say it is freedom viewed this way.

But like every thing we can see the other side of the coin. And it could become a prison.
It depends how we think of it, like every thing else, how we use it.

Yes unfortunately on a more realistic and down-to-earth point of view it is a weapon. See how many people can manipulate others just for the sake of money (divorces, family problems and so on).
Looking at it under this angle is of course extremely sad.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=38541]Froody Blue Gem[/MENTION] Thank you, so much, for getting the Scripture right. A lot of people cut down the saying to just "Money is the source of all evil." It's not. It's the LOVE of money, which implies placing money above everything else.

I'm a ditz when it comes to money. Before I married my hubby, I INSISTED we get a prenumpt. first. I didn't want to become an evil, vindictive person if we came to split up on bad terms. I'm on none of his bank accounts. I have no say in what he spends his money on (though he still consults me often).
No one taught me, directly, to feel this way. My parents fought, viciously, over money my entire life. I swore, as a young kid, that I would NEVER share an account with my future husband.
I believe whomever works owns the money. They're the ones who suffered for suffered for it.

Now, if I was a proper house wife and did a house wife's duties, I would expect to get a little something for my work. But, I've never been a proper house wife lol.
I'm grateful for all I have and am given. I've not earned any of it.

I also separate myself from money because I know myself. There's too many "shiny" things out there in the world. I would impulsively buy too much stuff. I like toys and gadgets (nicknacks, electronics, video games, clothes). The more you have, the more energy you have to expend to take care of it all. I learned that much too late in life... and yet I still have a weakness towards them.
And fast food.

I get an allowance of $200. every week (unless I've gotten a loan or advance and have to pay it back. I now get $150. for the next 2 months).
Between gas, fast food, medication, groceries, pet food, e-juice, I go through all of it every week.
If I had MORE money though; I'd go through all of that just as quickly. :dry: