User Tag List

First 78910 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I like money for pragmatic reasons and would be glad to be in control of a great deal of it to put to use in a helpful way, and would ideally have a number of streams of passive income.

I am anti-elitist. I don't like money for status, and feel at odds around people who do because it is an irrational elitism. People have tended to think I have more money than I do over the years because I am capable and confident as far as they are concerned, but I grew up without it and near the poverty line and saw a great deal of hypocrisy from the rich and am rather turned off by the whole culture. There is a great deal of ignorance that accompanies privilege that perpetuates social problems.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

i love spending it. making it is a different story.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

I'm not very good with money, I wish I had a bit more than I have currently (just enough to survive ) For me money means changes and possibilities - and I like changes and possibilities - so I guess I like money.

When I think of all the fantastic things I could do/build/create/change if I had money...wow, my brain goes into over-drive
    We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull; some have weird names and all are different colours, but they all have to live in the same box.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    let's think about this for one second or less

.. money is .. ... good...?
    however, people still seem to think that it does more than it actually does

e.g. that rich people can never have any problems

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Necessary frigging evil.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

If anyone who wants to give me a whole lot of money asks, here's my answer:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k5ooaufrLM"]Money[/YOUTUBE]

Though more seriously, I think our society could stand to be less centered around money and commerce, and more around people. But so far, that's the only kind of society we've been able to set up that works. And seeing as how I need money to achieve anything, including donating to charities, spreading my ideals, and such... I'll take as much of it as I can get. Being an NF just means I won't use it all selfishly.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I'm going to pull a 180 and say that I LOVE money. it is true that money is the root of all evil, but that is only true because 1) people who can't make money do terrible things to get it and 2) people who have no money have no power to do evil. it's not money that's evil, it's how it's obtained and what one does with it that can be evil. the reason I love money is because all it really is is a means of extra options. let's face it, if you want even 1 item on the list below, you need a fair amount of money to be happy:
    1) medical/health maintenance
    2) safety/security
    3) adequate living space
    4) healthy, good quality food
    5) exercise equipment
    6) vacations
    7) nice clothes
    8) education
    9) enough money to raise a child properly
    10) capital for investment and retirement
    11) comfort appliances (comfortable furniture, bed, living atmosphere, etc)
    12) enough of a cushion so that you don't have to be so damn careful with every dime you spend
    13) the ability to be hospitable to guests (to an extent)
    14) the ability to have any sort of hobby
    15) a safety cushion for unfortunate events (such as a tree falling over on your car)
    16) money to take good care of yourself and stay sexy looking (especially if you're a woman)
    17) give to charity
    good luck getting any of this if you're poor. good luck getting all of this if you make less than $50,000 a year. seriously, it's politically correct to think that money isn't important, but frankly anyone who truly believes that is a total imbecile.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

Complete drag on the human experience.
    a cat is fine too

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I genuinely hate money. I like the things it can buy, but i'd rather just trade stuff for stuff. It's just a creation that enables some people to just sit on their asses and not live like the hunter-gatherers we are supposed to be.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    I genuinely hate money. I like the things it can buy, but i'd rather just trade stuff for stuff. It's just a creation that enables some people to just sit on their asses and not live like the hunter-gatherers we are supposed to be.
    you've got to be kidding me. unless you have seriously studied the livestyle and history of hunter gatherers and decided on a suitable location in which to live, that is an incredibly ignorant comment (if you have done this, I retract my comment). It's like you're saying that the desire to be safe and comfortable with modern appliances makes one less of a man, which is quite ridiculous. I don't see how you can possibly hate money when it is the reason you are able to eat everyday and not have risk your life every single time you want a meal that comprises of anything more than nuts and berries. oh yeah, and the average life expectency of a hunter gatherer is around 45. if you are female, say goodbye to your sex life after 30 because I gurantee you will not be doable past that age. I can't speak for you, but I think most people hate money because it gives them choices, which in turn means that they actually have to be disciplined and can't just exist mindlessly. without money, we would have no goods to trade with each other than primitive tools and raw materials.
    PS: in your defense, one nice benefit to not having money is that there would be no wars (it's true, all wars are faught primarily for money)