User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Just signed up to this forum, might as well start here.

Money itself as an object or concept can't be evil, it's more about the way it's used and attitudes to it. It can obviously be used to do good things (efficient, fair and charitable distribution of our planet's resources) but this rarely seems to happen. Those with too much of it use it to stack the deck in their favour and maintain the world the way it is. We could find a better system if we had a little imagination and independence of spirit, but of course we're paid to suppress these urges.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I HATE money.

I hate hate hate hate hate it. Despicable stuff.

Nothing I do feels authentic because of this stupid need to be greedy. I very very very seethingly resent being forced to be a whore for money.

*sigh*

I mean, heck, we may as well measure how many resources we're entitled to by how well we can dance. Makes about as much sence as letting the best advertisers and bankers have the most.

Actually, come to think of it, that makes a lot more sense.

Money is so arbitrary. There's only a few narrow things that will get you the stuff, and it's all ridiculously soul-crushing.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

MBTI
    INFP

Money cures my allergies. I'm allergic to debt, to owing. I dislike it when it is so scarce that it some emergency puts me in the position of owing anything more than the ongoing regular utilities. I'm working on an emergency fund to minimize/eliminate this problem.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by AllAboutSoul View Post
    ^This.

And...My Husband got a job!!!! I'm stoked! What a relief.
    Yaaaayyyy!!!!
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I am not good with money...at all. I don't understand the value of a dollar.
    At the same time, I don't need a lot of stuff. I don't need fancy things. I will just worry about breaking them or losing it. For an American teenager, I am pretty low maintenance. Compared to my frugal parents and children from third world countries, I am spoiled rotten.

I know money is important. But unfortunately, I am not good with it. I am bad with math, business, finance, markets, etc. I am good with impractical things - and I like impractical things - like philosophy and art, writing and fighting for the under-dogs.

I do like money, but I don't need a lot of it to be happy. But what I mean by not a lot may be a lot compared to some people so ... I can't say I am not spoiled. I grew up in the working class, though, so I never really wanted a Mercedes or cried for an Iphone. I do have a Mac and if I have the money, I would upgrade myself even if this Mac is working fine.

I think the huge gap between the upper class and the working class sucks and is completely unfair because the working class people work longer hours in tougher conditions. But money is important - I certainly don't want to trade and Communism does not work.

MBTI
    INKP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I need it. To build cities. Google has no estimates on how much those cost (the results usually feature custom houses), but I'm fairly sure I'll need a lot.
    "Quiiri ath metahn i'ashei?"
    Chronically Gephyrophobic

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Iriohm Bladewalker View Post
    I need it. To build cities. Google has no estimates on how much those cost (the results usually feature custom houses), but I'm fairly sure I'll need a lot.

oooo, what kind of cities, interplanatary ones?
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'm not too concerned with accumulating wealth, but I am insatiable when it comes to collecting jewelry. I am addicted to accumulating beautiful adornments. I can never have too many rings...or bangles..or pendants...or...well..you get the point
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I've often wondered about myself because advertising does not work on me. I look around at seemingly everyone else, and they actually get excited about some gadget or material aquisition, but since childhood, I have never once had a notable desire for any superfluous thing. I hate that people succumb so mindlessly to advertising. It makes for a really shitty world.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

MBTI
    yupp

if you takes these lyrics literally it summarizes money
    Money-Pink Floyd
    Money, get away
    Get a good job with more pay
    And your O.K.

Money, it's a gas
    Grab that cash with both hands
    And make a stash

New car, caviar, four star daydream