User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah if someone i was seeing wanted to reprove the relationship by" hanging out" with other people i think i'd lose interest...but she's the one who said it...sounds weird to me.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah...which is why I'm now wondering if she's using all this as an excuse to get out of the relationship, because what he did wasn't really all that crazy, and he did freak out because she didn't call him back when he was having a panic attack...it all kind of adds up to me, so I stand by my original opinion, seriously.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by fecaleagle View Post
    OK to make matters more complicated...this girl I haven't talked to in a long time messaged me and wants to "hang out" this weekend. I just know she wants to hook up and assumes I am single, which obviously I have zero interest in doing (not because of the girl herself but because I love my gf and the thought of being intimate with any other girl sickens me). But part of me wants to just go along with it and flirt and what not just to remind myself that I still have game and am desirable to girls. If she tries anything of course I'll be like whoa whoa, but I think I would have to initiate a move so I'm not really worried about that. I mean, my girlfriend must be going out now in order to be able meet these guys she wants to talk to in order to reprove our relationship to herself. I feel like a schmuck denying myself that same right. Is it different because I know this girl's intentions? Come to think of it, I assume my gf knows of these guys' intentions too...What do you guys think? And please let's disregard this girl's feelings, as mean as that sounds.

Oh, and by that last sentence you mean you want permission to use someone to boost your own ego?

HA HA HA HA HA. No.

Either you're up front with the other girl about what's really going through your mind, that you're not looking for anything with her - that you're still hung up on your (ex) gf, or don't do it at all.

But if your (ex) gf is seeing other guys, you might as well see other girls, if you want. That's on you, man.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

And I'm glad you find my username interesting I'm just really patriotic, gotta support the American Eagle! I may be taking it to the extreme, but I like to extend my patriotism even into the bathroom. People are always shocked when they find a copy of the Constitution in there. So it was really just a matter of combining my two biggest interests, defecation and Amurica, with a little bit of rhyme
    Oh. My. God!

LOL!

Seriously.

hahahahaha

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    I agree with you Marm. When you put it that way, if this is just an ego boost, then not cool. If it's going to hang out and have fun, then I don't see anything wrong with that at all. Let's face it, he's not married. I'm assuming he's young and it's best not to get too serious about someone when there's plenty of time for that later.

BTW, I was thinking that the worst case scenario from this "stepping back" would be that you and your GF both get the courage to end your relationship all together. The best thing that will come from it, is she will realize nobody compares to you and that you are one hell of a great guy.
    This is true, she could realize that in six months...but what if he moved on?

I don't know...there seems like there could be a disaster if one person realizes how good they had it, then the other person is just outta there, you know?

That's the risk you take.

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Time View Post
    More LOL.

Is it not self-righteous to assume someone else is being self-righteous? This is what I meant by hypocrisy.
    Seems like your reasoning is circular. Are you saying that anyone that accuses anyone else of being self-righteous is by definition self-righteous themselves?

All I'm saying is that INTJs in general could learn a thing or two about F-ness from ENFPs. The reverse is also true about ENFPs learning from INTJs about T-ness.

The difference is that in general INTJs are less likely to appreciate an ENFPs strengths (or even the value of F-ness itself) than vice versa.

Yes this is a gross generalization. Nonetheless, there is truth to what I'm saying. There is oft times a pedantic undertone between male INTJs and female ENFPs. I've seen it many times and experienced it firsthand.

So if I my post smelled of rank self-righteousness, I do apologize. But look at it this way... perhaps this gave you a taste for how ENFPs experience INTJ arrogance in such matters.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

ugh...i know what you mean.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

OK to make matters more complicated...this girl I haven't talked to in a long time messaged me and wants to "hang out" this weekend. I just know she wants to hook up and assumes I am single, which obviously I have zero interest in doing (not because of the girl herself but because I love my gf and the thought of being intimate with any other girl sickens me). But part of me wants to just go along with it and flirt and what not just to remind myself that I still have game and am desirable to girls. If she tries anything of course I'll be like whoa whoa, but I think I would have to initiate a move so I'm not really worried about that. I mean, my girlfriend must be going out now in order to be able meet these guys she wants to talk to in order to reprove our relationship to herself. I feel like a schmuck denying myself that same right. Is it different because I know this girl's intentions? Come to think of it, I assume my gf knows of these guys' intentions too...What do you guys think? And please let's disregard this girl's feelings, as mean as that sounds.
    I think that would just make things more complicated. It sounds like you are completely certain about your gf - since you are certain, the argument is different for you to hang out with other girls than her argument because she is uncertain - minor point - I think you should prove your certainty and commitment by not doing anything for the next two weeks, as you said. Actions more than words, remember?

After that, after it is decided, you can have as much fun and ego-boost as you want (without hurting some other girl).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

true...be a bigger guy than that. fuck needing an ego boost...come on. stand firm on what you want...act without regret.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

The sheer number of assumptions you're making in this post worries me. Be very, very, cautious (esp. of your intuitions).

I do understand where you're coming from about the ego thing. I've met plenty of guys who said something similar. Even when they are in a relationship with a girl they love, they still feel flattered by the attention they get from other girls... something like that.

Now the question is: is your girlfriend as of now really someone who's worth your time? Think on it.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.