User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by stringstheory View Post
    How "temporary" are we talking? Did you discuss at least an approximate amount of time, or is it rather open ended?

I wouldn't be surprised if it were either, i'm usually not good with pinning down dates in situations like these, but make sure to stay in touch with how this situation affects you (and i can see it's really disrupting your routine). tbh if she's anything like me (since i can only go on my experience ) i would probably get about 2 weeks max talking to other guys before i cracked and realized it wasn't what i wanted. but at some point it will be more trouble than it's worth, no matter how much you love her. give her your understanding and her time, she needs it; but don't be afraid to stand up for your self if too much time goes by and you've had enough.

while i think it's too soon to say for sure on our end, marmalade.sunrise is right in that we can get wayyyy too caught up in our negative emotions and be VERY vengeful if we feel someone has really wronged us. it's true that she'll need time to feel comfortable again, maybe a lot. just keep that in mind, don't worry for now, you've done the best you can and i think you'll know when something is awry.
    I agree. I'm thinking I'll wait 2 more weeks MAX before I'll let her know that even though I love her more than anything, I have to think of my own well-being at that point. If things don't fix themselves by then, then I don't think more time will do anything.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by fecaleagle View Post
    I agree. I'm thinking I'll wait 2 more weeks MAX before I'll let her know that even though I love her more than anything, I have to think of my own well-being at that point. If things don't fix themselves by then, then I don't think more time will do anything.
    I think this is a good idea; as long as you really feel you have done absolutely everything you can, you have fulfilled your responsibility in this relationship. It's her turn to own up to her role in this situation and make things right. Good luck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Time View Post
    LOL, its really sad how much of a hypocrite you are being in this post. It kinda makes me sick...disgusted. Yeah, I said it.
    Looks like my INTJ ex-boyfriend isn't the only INTJ who is want to take a paternalistic, self-righteous tone in such matters.

Mr. Time's remark embodies the very essence of what I was trying to convey in my comment... of how not to be.

As a side note, upon re-reading the thread in its entirety, I do think that fecaleagle was correct that by the time I posted this comment, he had already worked through these issues with others on this thread. I was most impressed.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I have been pretty impressed with the Eagle of Poo in this thread. At first I thought he was just looking to argue and run everyone over with how right he was because his girlfriend wasn't letting him. I thought this was just his place to be right.

But as the thread has gone on, it is clear he really wants to understand and learn and is genuinely interested in doing what he can to save the relationship.

My hat is off to you, sir.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    I have been pretty impressed with the Eagle of Poo in this thread.
    If ever there were a witty comment waiting to be made, it was this one. I guffawed when I read it.

fecaleagle, I've gotta say, that's quite the username you have there.

MBTI
    INTj

Thanks everyone for staying with me and trying to understand where I was coming from. The supporting words really do mean a lot to me. Indeed my intentions were to improve my understanding, and the INTJ way of doing it can be very, very different than the ENFP way. When I try to learn, everything becomes impersonal and become critical of everything, and I am not offended by any criticism and only present my arguments as a way to evoke responses that can help me to become my own biggest critic. Hopefully you ENFPs have learned a bit more about how some INTJs can operate and communicate, and can work towards not taking everything they say or do personally. Certainly not an excuse to be able to act like an ass

And I'm glad you find my username interesting I'm just really patriotic, gotta support the American Eagle! I may be taking it to the extreme, but I like to extend my patriotism even into the bathroom. People are always shocked when they find a copy of the Constitution in there. So it was really just a matter of combining my two biggest interests, defecation and Amurica, with a little bit of rhyme

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by fecaleagle View Post
    Thanks everyone for staying with me and trying to understand where I was coming from. The supporting words really do mean a lot to me. Indeed my intentions were to improve my understanding, and the INTJ way of doing it can be very, very different than the ENFP way. When I try to learn, everything becomes impersonal and become critical of everything, and I am not offended by any criticism and only present my arguments as a way to evoke responses that can help me to become my own biggest critic. Hopefully you ENFPs have learned a bit more about how some INTJs can operate and communicate, and can work towards not taking everything they say or do personally. Certainly not an excuse to be able to act like an ass

And I'm glad you find my username interesting I'm just really patriotic, gotta support the American Eagle! I may be taking it to the extreme, but I like to extend my patriotism even into the bathroom. People are always shocked when they find a copy of the Constitution in there. So it was really just a matter of combining my two biggest interests, defecation and America, with a little bit of rhyme
    OMG, you just reminded me of my INTJ when you said that. That is just the kind of thing he would say. Sort of adorable... in a creepy, dark, ironic INTJ humor kind of way. Makes me both cringe and smile.

MBTI
    INTj

OK to make matters more complicated...this girl I haven't talked to in a long time messaged me and wants to "hang out" this weekend. I just know she wants to hook up and assumes I am single, which obviously I have zero interest in doing (not because of the girl herself but because I love my gf and the thought of being intimate with any other girl sickens me). But part of me wants to just go along with it and flirt and what not just to remind myself that I still have game and am desirable to girls. If she tries anything of course I'll be like whoa whoa, but I think I would have to initiate a move so I'm not really worried about that. I mean, my girlfriend must be going out now in order to be able meet these guys she wants to talk to in order to reprove our relationship to herself. I feel like a schmuck denying myself that same right. Is it different because I know this girl's intentions? Come to think of it, I assume my gf knows of these guys' intentions too...What do you guys think? And please let's disregard this girl's feelings, as mean as that sounds.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    Looks like my INTJ ex-boyfriend isn't the only INTJ who is want to take a paternalistic, self-righteous tone in such matters.

Mr. Time's remark embodies the very essence of what I was trying to convey in my comment... of how not to be.

As a side note, upon re-reading the thread in its entirety, I do think that fecaleagle was correct that by the time I posted this comment, he had already worked through these issues with others on this thread. I was most impressed.
    More LOL.

Is it not self-righteous to assume someone else is being self-righteous? This is what I meant by hypocrisy.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Time View Post
    More LOL.

Is it not self-righteous to assume someone else is being self-righteous? This is what I meant by hypocrisy.
    No, not necessarily. It can just be an observation, even if you don't believe in your own righteousness.