User Tag List

View Poll Results: NF women - do you want children?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm ENFJ - I want/have children

1 1.05%
  • I'm ENFJ - I do NOT want children

3 3.16%
  • I'm INFJ - I want/have children

23 24.21%
  • I'm INFJ - I do NOT want children

5 5.26%
  • I'm ENFP - I want/have children

11 11.58%
  • I'm ENFP - I do NOT want children

4 4.21%
  • I'm INFP - I want/have children

15 15.79%
  • I'm INFP - I do NOT want children

8 8.42%
  • I'm not NF

6 6.32%
  • I'm not a female

12 12.63%
  • I don't know yet or any other answer that's not in the poll

7 7.37%
123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default NF women, do you want kids?

I'm wondering what trends we will see between the 4 NF types and a desire to have children. I have an idea of how this poll might turn out, but answer honestly and we'll see how it plays out.

I'm not talking about "yes, kids are cute. I think it would be fun." I'm talking about having strong enough of an innate desire for children that you are willing and able to give up a good amount of your own independence and to put up with the "not so fun stuff" that comes with it. Your desire for children overrides your desire to do whatever you want, whenever you want.

If you kind of want kids, but you "just don't want to give up your independence", then the answer in the poll would be no.

Feel free to discuss why you do or don't want children and what you think that has to do with your individual type or personality preferences.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I have a child, and I feel I am a very good mother, but I do struggle with having had to give up my independence. It isn't easy, but I feel it's worth it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

What's more beautiful than creating a life and helping to shape it into the best individual it can be? And I think the bond between a child and their mother is equally as beautiful. I think it's totally worth giving up your independence etc.

I would even adopt a child. Most people seem to want to adopt babies...but I wouldn't mind adopting a teenager...even one with behavioural problems. A lot of people I have spoken who claim to have maternal instincts just seem to like cute little kids...like it said in the OP, they have the attitude: "yes, kids are cute. I think it would be fun." I dunno, I just think what I feel is so much stronger than that...I'm more than prepared to take the rough with the smooth. I don't think I would ever be able to say that my life felt meaningless or empty...and feeling will be so worth all the "not so fun stuff" that would come with being a parent.
    "Dad I can't feel my legs."

"That's because you don't have any arms."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post
    What's more beautiful than creating a life and helping to shape it into the best individual it can be? And I think the bond between a child and their mother is equally as beautiful. I think it's totally worth giving up your independence etc.

I would even adopt a child. Most people seem to want to adopt babies...but I wouldn't mind adopting a teenager...even one with behavioural problems. A lot of people I have spoken who claim to have maternal instincts just seem to like cute little kids...like it said in the OP, they have the attitude: "yes, kids are cute. I think it would be fun." I dunno, I just think what I feel is so much stronger than that...I'm more than prepared to take the rough with the smooth. I don't think I would ever be able to say that my life felt meaningless or empty...and feeling will be so worth all the "not so fun stuff" that would come with being a parent.
    Great response. That was definitely the kind of outlook I had in mind for those who would be answering "yes" to the poll. Not that those answering "no" should feel bad - not everyone has to have kids. I have an ENTP relative who desired independence over children. It was a difficult decision for her and she was in tears once when I asked her about it, but I think deep down she feared that her level of independence was too high to be fair to the kid(s). Everyone will have their own answer and for their own reasons, but thanks for the heartfelt response. Refreshing to read.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

NFs do want kids.... they just want them 10 years later than an ESFJ wants kids.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by angelhair45 View Post
    I have a child, and I feel I am a very good mother, but I do struggle with having had to give up my independence. It isn't easy, but I feel it's worth it.
    I think a lot of people probably fall into this category. So many of us value our independence and we struggle to give it up. But, as you say, I'm sure that changes somewhat once you have a child.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    NFs do want kids.... they just want them 10 years later than an ESFJ wants kids.
    LOL.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

hmmm...I knew when I was 17 that I wouldn't have kids until I was at least 30.

I'm not sure that I want kids, and if I did, it would be just one and with a partner who also wanted children.

Being a single mother is my worst nightmare, and I don't especially relish being surrounded by children, they tie you down and limit your options and they're loud and messy....

I do love some kids though, like my nephew. I like kids the way I like adults: as individuals. I occasionally see a two year old and have the instinct, like "oh I want one" ...but no.

We'll see what happens. Talk to me in ten years.

No kids for me...I feel mean saying this but I dont want to bring a child up in this fuc*ed up / over populated world, I feel like its selfish (no offense moms and dads). I might consider adopting when I am more established.

I would feel super blessed to have children in the future. It doesn't seem like now is the right time to do it for me.