User Tag List

View Poll Results: NF women - do you want children?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm ENFJ - I want/have children

1 1.05%
  • I'm ENFJ - I do NOT want children

3 3.16%
  • I'm INFJ - I want/have children

23 24.21%
  • I'm INFJ - I do NOT want children

5 5.26%
  • I'm ENFP - I want/have children

11 11.58%
  • I'm ENFP - I do NOT want children

4 4.21%
  • I'm INFP - I want/have children

15 15.79%
  • I'm INFP - I do NOT want children

8 8.42%
  • I'm not NF

6 6.32%
  • I'm not a female

12 12.63%
  • I don't know yet or any other answer that's not in the poll

7 7.37%
First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

^^^Great song by the "Boyz".
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

When I posted this thread, my "theory" was that NFP's would be more likely to "not want children" because they would be more reluctant/hesitant to give up their personal independence.

ajblaise alluded to this in post #19.

Even though the number of responses is statistically very small, so far the trend seems to be that INF's overwhelmingly want children while ENF's - not as much.

INF's - 21 yes, 3 no. (87.5%)
    ENF's - 5 yes, 5 no. (50%)

Guys, if you want kids, find an introverted NF. If you don't, find an extroverted NF (no, I'm not really drawing that conclusion - yet!).

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Maybe the idea of being tied down isn't that big a deal to someone who is already a homebody? I dunno.

I know my (I think) ESFP mom didn't want to breastfeed because she didn't want to be tied down. My youngest brother was born when I was 21 and when she said she didn't want to be tied down, I was thinking What difference does breastfeeding make in whether or not you are tied down? You have a kid you are tied down.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I definitely don't want kids and i think that i've known that for the entirety of my life. I've never liked kids and never obsessively played with baby dolls. Most times i cringe when around them for too long or at the ridiculous creatures that people become when they are parents.

The reasoning...
    I don't want to devote 18+ years of my life to teaching something else how to live. I am a firm believer in self-discovery, so i would rather devote my life to myself.
    There's too much error in bringing up children or in being a parent. Yes, there are good moments, but i have watched people embrace dysfunction and then cause dysfunction. It's simply not for me.
    I also have a niece and a nephew, so i'll spoil them rotten and bask in the fact that i haven't and refuse to pop one out.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Maybe the idea of being tied down isn't that big a deal to someone who is already a homebody? I dunno.
    Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    IEI

I do want children, it's getting to baby fever stage but i'm not sure whether I feel completely comfortable bringing more people into the world. Because I would like a small tribe of sproglets running amok in the countryside If I don't feel comfortable having my own I really, really want to adopt, then I can bypass the baby/pregnancy stage and leap straight into troubled teen stage.

I don't even view it as being tied down if i'm honest. If you make the decision to have children then it's willingly sharing your life with them and making them your priority, to me that's not being tied down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion.
    That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are.
    Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    If it were truly that, I think we'd see the same sort of %'s if we did a poll for NT women, for SP women, for SJ women... so it's definitely not solely an E/I independent vs. homebody thing.

I'm actually kind of surprised at the overwhelming number of 'Yes, I want babies!' responses. Two female INFJ's I know irl are pretty much like me - 'Meh'/No about it (a 3rd INFJ had two children while in her 20's) and have never had a huge mothering drive/desire/instinct, amongst other reasons for being really hesitant over the idea of having kids.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    If it were truly that, I think we'd see the same sort of %'s if we did a poll for NT women, for SP women, for SJ women... so it's definitely not solely an E/I independent vs. homebody thing.
    NT's are a different breed altogether (as are SP's and SJ's). I'd expect totally different percentages and for totally different reasons.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

No kidlets for me!
    Just because I'm an INFP doesn't mean I'm emo!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I do not want to have children.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe