User Tag List

123 Last

Default The US's (as a nation) Myers-Briggs Profile is ENFJ (Huffington Post article))

Obama is an ENFJ too, pretty cool . Peep out the article:

Ed Gurowitz, Ph.D.: The US's Myers-Briggs Profile

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by yourfriendjaneen View Post
    Obama is an ENFJ too, pretty cool . Peep out the article:

Ed Gurowitz, Ph.D.: The US's Myers-Briggs Profile
    Reading this article, I get the feeling that the author doesn't know much about MBTI.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    Reading this article, I get the feeling that the author doesn't know much about MBTI.
    I'll bet he author is a NF, and is projecting NF values onto american society. US culture is generally considered ESTJ overall, especially work/business-wise.

i would hope to think that a phd of psychology knew what he was talking about!

More like ESFJ if you ask me. (ESTJ when is comes to business/politics)

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    I'll bet he author is a NF, and is projecting NF values onto american society. US culture is generally considered ESTJ overall, especially work/business-wise.
    That could be.

Quote Originally Posted by yourfriendjaneen View Post
    i would hope to think that a phd of psychology knew what he was talking about!
    I would hope so too, but I have to question his results. He doesn't really give any specific examples. On what grounds does he make the assertion that we trust interrelationships, theories, and future possibilities more than facts, details, and present realities? Whatever conclusions he comes to, I'm sure someone else could provide examples which directly contradict his assessment. He states that "we like our decisions to create harmony even if they're not logical and objective." I don't even understand what he is saying here. I bet there are plenty of other countries who would disagree with him and view the U.S. as more concerned about self-preservation and wealth than creating harmony.

Ed Gurowitz, Ph.D.

So what about us as a nation? As I thought about it, I decided that the USA is ENFJ

Extraverted - we draw our energy as a people from outside; isolationism has never really gained a foothold here.

Intuition - we trust interrelationships, theories, and future possibilities more than we do facts, details, and present realities.

Feeling - we like our decisions to create harmony even if they're not logical and objective - more McCoy than Spock.

Judging - we orient to the world by making decisions quickly and sticking to them.
    Conversely, when you look from here Obama's Nobel Prize makes sense. After eight year of irritating the rest of the world, we now have a President who is an expression of our national character - open, optimistic, communicative, warm, charismatic. We are once again in relationship with others and with ourselves, and oriented toward collaboration and harmony.
    This is absurd. Obama was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize after serving less than a month in office. How does that make sense at all? How can a politician earn a prestigious award that he didn't do anything to deserve? Was it given to him based upon what he promised to do? The fact that they gave it to him at the beginning of his term without accomplishing anything has devalued the award, itself.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

What a load of nonsense. There is a whole series of dubious claims in that article and not just about MBTI. I can't believe this guy has a Ph.D in anything.

Viewed in this way, the unhappiness of most Americans with the Bush years makes sense - how Bush/Cheney wanted us to be goes against our national character - isolationist, ignoring reality (why else would we have gone to war in Iraq when the enemy was funded by Bush's friends the Saudis?), making decisions that turned the world against us and sticking to unpopular or illogical choices (climate change, health care, torture, Guantanamo).

Is his memory really that short and distorted...
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    What a load of nonsense. There is a whole series of dubious claims in that article and not just about MBTI. I can't believe this guy has a Ph.D in anything.

Just because some one says that he/she has a Ph.D that doesn't mean that the person actually has one. Not to mention that having a Ph.D is more than just possesing a piece of paper.

(just saying)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Just because some one says that he/she has a Ph.D that doesn't mean that the person actually has one. Not to mention that having a Ph.D is more than just possesing a piece of paper.

(just saying)
    Or maybe his PhD is in electronics, or something equally unrelated to psychology.

* Extraverted - we draw our energy as a people from outside; isolationism has never really gained a foothold here.
    Excuse me? Never gained a foothold? Are we talking about the same country?
    It has been a policy of the US for a century. What about the Monroe doctrine?

# Intuition - we trust interrelationships, theories, and future possibilities more than we do facts, details, and present realities.
    Pragmatism describes the american way of thinking perfectly. Present realities are so much more important to them than abstract theories imo.