User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by yourfriendjaneen View Post
    Obama is an ENFJ too, pretty cool . Peep out the article:

Ed Gurowitz, Ph.D.: The US's Myers-Briggs Profile
    Oh my goodness, this is so frustrating. Everyone thinks Barack Obama is an ENFx because of what he wrote in 'Dreams from My Father and 'The Audacity of Hope.' The books were written specifically to appeal to (segments of) the population. You can imitate other type patterns' writing, speech, etc. For example, I could write two books in an inspiring, philanthropical ESFJ tone. Instead of writing about my observations of societal problems that no one else seems to notice and explaining the patterns and cycles that are responsible for these problems, I would just tell a story about how I took someone off the street, housed them, baked them cookies, and then they became a model citizen and went off in the world to lead a highly conventional life. Ok, so that's sort of a joke, but the point is that with a little observation and insight into other types, you can masquerade as another type. When I used to work in scientific research, I would always test INTJ.

There are A LOT of people out there (celebrities, politicians) that project a certain image that they know is going to be appealing to the American people. Projecting that image helps them to complete their 'task' more effectively. The only way to accurately type people is to tease out the UNDERLYING patterns in their life: how do they make decisions, how do they behave around other people, how do they solve problems. If you go based on political ideology, public policy, or ideals that people SAY they aspire to, you're going to get thrown off track. In general MBTI describes behaviors and not beliefs.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    I'll bet he author is a NF, and is projecting NF values onto american society. US culture is generally considered ESTJ overall, especially work/business-wise.
    Ive been thinking that it's EST- in general. Upperclass or white collar business would be ESTJ while the rest would be ESTP.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

It's so reassuring to know that some of us are able to read minds like this. And I thought such cognitive processes are only measurable by professional testing, and that you don't have any other choice than making a guess based on visible clues.

Silly me.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Liesl View Post
    Oh my goodness, this is so frustrating. Everyone thinks Barack Obama is an ENFx because of what he wrote in 'Dreams from My Father and 'The Audacity of Hope.' The books were written specifically to appeal to (segments of) the population. You can imitate other type patterns' writing, speech, etc. For example, I could write two books in an inspiring, philanthropical ESFJ tone. Instead of writing about my observations of societal problems that no one else seems to notice and explaining the patterns and cycles that are responsible for these problems, I would just tell a story about how I took someone off the street, housed them, baked them cookies, and then they became a model citizen and went off in the world to lead a highly conventional life. Ok, so that's sort of a joke, but the point is that with a little observation and insight into other types, you can masquerade as another type. When I used to work in scientific research, I would always test INTJ.

There are A LOT of people out there (celebrities, politicians) that project a certain image that they know is going to be appealing to the American people. Projecting that image helps them to complete their 'task' more effectively. The only way to accurately type people is to tease out the UNDERLYING patterns in their life: how do they make decisions, how do they behave around other people, how do they solve problems. If you go based on political ideology, public policy, or ideals that people SAY they aspire to, you're going to get thrown off track. In general MBTI describes behaviors and not beliefs.
    I'm so glad I found someone else who didn't swallow up the kool-aid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ESTJ

I love the part where he says that the population being mad at Bush makes sense because "he went against our nature."(??)

Seeing as ENFJ makes up, at most, 1/16th of the population?

I guess a nation's type disregards the distribution of the types as a whole.

...Lol

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

hmm i can see ENFJ though probably more ESFJ.

Definitely not Te though

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit View Post
    I guess a nation's type disregards the distribution of the types as a whole.

...Lol
    It kind of does, in the sense that the elite disproportionately influences the nation's direction -- and its type distribution often differs from the general population.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    hmm i can see ENFJ though probably more ESFJ.

Definitely not Te though
    For the US, or Obama?

Lulz @ either. The US is Te as all fuck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    It kind of does, in the sense that the elite disproportionately influences the nation's direction -- and its type distribution often differs from the general population.
    I can't understand this at all. If the elite influence the masses, does that mean the elites disliked Bush therefore the majority dislikes Bush?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

The elite doesn't think for the people, but it does influence the nation's behavior -- Politicians, and (most importantly) their backers dictate policy, and the media and academia largely shape the nation's opinions. Those on top do not control the entirety of the nation, but they do exert influence far disproportionate to their numbers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole