MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by yourfriendjaneen View Post
    Damn so abrasive...love it .
    Thank you. I'm glad my Shrek-like Te is appreciated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ

I don't see the ENFJ in Obama at all? How is he an F? Or a J for that matter? Obama doesn't seem deeply rooted in any particular or specific position. I know deep down inside there are goals and achievements he would like to reach but I know he doesn't have an incredibly specific agenda for policy. He's more of a social maneuverer than anything else. He doesn't actually come out in support of anything until he knows where everyone else stands and then he only does so because it's clearly viable (P?). I'd say he's definitely an ENTP. They're excellent at moving crowds and often have that charismatic nature. Obama may come across as very idealistic at times in his speeches, but he's also been labeled as pragmatic, which is very NT I think. He's just a balanced T.

Anyone recall the media getting at Obama for not being emotional enough about the oil spill in the gulf? Really? An NF, much less an EXTROVERTED NF, that is being criticized for not being emotional? Yeah he's not an NF.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I'm going to go and say that the US as a nation is NOT an ESJ because then we would be practical. I'd have to go with some kind of ESP.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

ReflecTcelfeR

Anyone who says SJ (me included) did you say so because of moral/religious values that most hold in the U.S.? I did. I still think SJ ranks over SP, but SP is very close second.

My reasoning for SJ, besides the aforementioned is because when politicians are trying to get elected one of the biggest groups they campaign to is the middle to middle lower class. The diligent, uncomplaining hardworkers. This is mostly stereotyped as SJ's, introverted more specifically.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Probably ESFP... the idealism is still there, but it tends to get pushed aside for opportunism.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

ReflecTcelfeR

Opportunism? Oh, you mean Capitalism . I agree. Who can reach the ideal first?! It's a race.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Anyone who says SJ (me included) did you say so because of moral/religious values that most hold in the U.S.?
    Partly, but not only that (otherwise I would have guessed ESFJ). The US has a culture that upholds traditional values, honor, and rugged autonomy. It's very much a tough, paternal, "make your own way in the world, but be useful" sort of culture. ESTJ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I'm going to go and say that the US as a nation is NOT an ESJ because then we would be practical. I'd have to go with some kind of ESP.
    The US is very practical. One of the values upheld in the US (politics especially) is tough pragmatism. That's why the US is a right-wing nation, compared to the rest of the developed world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Oh, one thing I missed: Gorby was far, far from the first NF head of state ever. Jimmy Carter was NF (INFJ), and there have been quite a few before him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    One thing I am sure about is that he's an extravert. I mean, have you ever seen a president - ever - who talks this much? It seems like every day. In addition to the news conferences, he's on Larry King, Letterman, a Barbara Walters special - the guy likes to communicate.
    I don't know about that. First, let's not mistake the demands of one's position for one's personal preferences. Second, google found me this:

Historian Martha Joynt Kumar of Towson State University, who compiles data on presidential media appearances, said the figures reveal that Obama tends to utilize formats where he can expound at greater length. She breaks down presidential exchanges with the news media into four categories: primetime news conferences; news conferences held alone or jointly alongside a foreign head of state; brief Q-and-A sessions, which typically transpire in the Oval Office, the Cabinet Room, or similar settings; and one-on-one interviews.

Adding up those four categories, Kumar finds this president, through May 20, has faced reporters’ questions on 280 occasions in the first 485 days of his term. That compares with 275 such instances for George W. Bush, 454 for President Clinton, and 198 for George H.W. Bush.

While that total figure reflects almost exact parity between Obama and his immediate predecessor, a more detailed breakdown reveals a stark difference in the way the two men approached their interactions with reporters. Where George W. Bush held 186 brief Q&A's – the daily bread and butter for the White House press corps, particularly wire service reporters – and gave only 56 personal interviews, Obama has done almost exactly the opposite. He has held only 56 Q-and-As, and granted 188 personal interviews.

Unless I am mistaken, almost every description of an introvert mentions the preference for one-on-one communication, no?
    "There can be no understanding between the hands and the head unless the heart acts as mediator." (Metropolis, 1927)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]