User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default xNFP females, do you tend to be better friends with males?

I'm wondering if it's just me, or if it's a type thing. I have always preferred company of males to other females, even when I was really young. Most of my friends throughout my life, including now, are males.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I have a mix of friends as far as gender. I greatly value my female friends & find them the ones I can turn to emotionally. I also get along well with men who are not the meathead types. I do tend to converse differently with my male & female friends. I tend to talk more about interests with male friends. In fact, I become friends with men based on common interests, whereas I tend to click with women based on personality dynamic & emotional connection.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Not really. I get along well with both sexes but in different ways.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I have all female close friends. Being friends with males is tricky. I am not tomboy-ish but some aspects of me is more boyish than girlish, like the being blunt/honest, Fe-retard part. In the work place or in other settings outside of my college, I generally get along with men better. I have no idea why. Women don't easily warm to me. I attract oddballs and all my friends are a bit on the weird side. I get along with men in their mid-twenties and older much better than men my age. When I get back to school though, I am going to acquire more male friends and see how that goes. For some reason, the attraction part either on my side or his side always gets in the way and makes it way awkward.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

do you feel that way because they're nicer to you? i kinda know what ya mean but as far as close friends it's been mostly women and a few gay guys or married/attached men....there has to be a wall there with single straight guys kinda.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

^ yeah, right? some girls seem to just hang out with guys and it is (i am assuming) all casual, but for me, i seem to be stuck between being one of them and one of the women

it could be partially me, that i am ultra sensitive to energy/vibes and women are perhaps more reserved themselves, i also sense that women are A LOT more judgmental than men, they sort of check you out

also, i feel like with women, you have to smooch their asses a bit, like ask about their family or whatever, and i just don't do that naturally, it's like you need to actively establish a bond, gossip or something, whereas men warm up to you with jokes/humor of any kind

i have met a couple of women who just give me evil stares - for no freakin reason - like if i get their name wrong or something - idk - so weird.

MBTI
    ENTP

Women are so stupid.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Women are so stupid.
    Hahaha!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    ^ yeah, right? some girls seem to just hang out with guys and it is (i am assuming) all casual, but for me, i seem to be stuck between being one of them and one of the women

it could be partially me, that i am ultra sensitive to energy/vibes and women are perhaps more reserved themselves, i also sense that women are A LOT more judgmental than men, they sort of check you out

also, i feel like with women, you have to smooch their asses a bit, like ask about their family or whatever, and i just don't do that naturally, it's like you need to actively establish a bond, gossip or something, whereas men warm up to you with jokes/humor of any kind

i have met a couple of women who just give me evil stares - for no freakin reason - like if i get their name wrong or something - idk - so weird.
    i know what ya mean about some girls but it seems less an issue now than it was 10 years ago...i think that female judginess or cattiness is more of an immature insecure woman problem...never cared for that type anyway so screw em.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm absolutely closest to my sister.

But, other than her, I tend to have male, or male-ish friends.

This began around age 21, pre-21 I was exclusively close friends with females, I love women, but girls/women have seemed to hurt me too much, because of stupid ass shit, too, like jealousy, seriously?

I'm a lover, not a hater.

I don't EVER compete with ANYONE, and ESPECIALLY with my own gender.

:sad:

And, sadly a lot of my male friends inevitably want more, then drop me like I'm hot because I'm not down for them sexually/romantically.

So... whaddya gonna do.

harumph!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles