User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Mostly male friends here. There are some women I inmediately connect with, but they tend to be oddballs and/or prefer male friends as well. The conversations just tend to be different. My theory is that the best exchange arises from mixed company (also true for room mates).
    Only girls:
    Only guys: :workout:
    mixed company: both at their best behavior, trying to contribute something interesting that refers to the human experience instead of being the stereotypical gender specific babble (where-did-you-get-those-shoes on the one hand and pissing contests on the other)

Where did you read that? C'mon, say it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Just a personal observation. You have people of gender A sitting at a table, having their typical gender A conversation. Then one or several members of gender B enter the room (who on the way there may have had a gender B conversation) How are they going to converse? In a somewhat gender neutral lingua franca: touching on topics that interest both.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

I mostly get along with other females.
    I think I have three male friends that I actually talk to on a regular basis, but other than them, I can hardly talk to guys about things for very long.
    I feel like I have to not embarrass myself I guess..

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I did not expect this to be 20 pages when I woke up this morning, but I am truly fascinated by the conversation so far. If it tells you anything about they way I feel about males, I want to take both the ENTP boys home with me and love them

I'm only on page 13, so I will comment more later.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Sorry if it's a rambling mess of words below. I tend to do that.

I wonder if the fact that I can separate love and sex makes a difference? Of course that wasn't the case when I was younger, but it may be a factor since I am now married. If I couldn't separate the two it might be weird to be around other men and feel attracted to them sexually, but I don't mind sexual tension, and don't see it as getting in the way of friendships. Maybe because I'm very sexual so it's just biological for me to want to be around them? I'm just learning to "type" others, but from what I know so far my male friends have pretty varied types, but I definitely feel connected to some more than others.

Of course this could be more type than gender. It just appears that it's mainly women from my standpoint, and from who I've met. Some of the reasons I don't enjoy company of other women:
    -Cattiness, but this doesn't bother me now like it did when I was younger
    -Not much in common
    -Most women I know are not free thinkers. Most free thinkers I've met are male. Women seem much more bound up by society and I am not. Women won't talk about a lot of issues I will. When I was a teenager I talked a lot about sex, masturbation, etc and it turns most females off.
    -Women seem to dislike unconventional and see it as "attention getting" etc. Maybe I've just need to meet some women of a different type, but most women will make a lot of digs about my personality and I hate pressure to change who I am.
    - I don't know about the jealousy thing. I don't think I am that great that a lot of women would be jealous of me. I do know females who have felt that way though.
    - One thing I have always hated is when women get together to talk bad about men. I remember when I first witnessed this in jr. high. Certain groups of girls would start to get the "girl power" thing going and then talk down to and about the guys. I couldn't jump on that bandwagon. I don't have much bad to say about them, and I definitely don't want to alienate them. I just don't feel like my common ground with other women should be how much the men in our lives, or men in general suck.

As far as knowing how others feel about me. When I am my extraverted self I can pick up on things pretty well. I'm very much aware of attraction or not on their end. When I am my introverted self, well then that is another story. I have no clue. My perception becomes skewed once I introvert.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Just a personal observation. You have people of gender A sitting at a table, having their typical gender A conversation. Then one or several members of gender B enter the room (who on the way there may have had a gender B conversation) How are they going to converse? In a somewhat gender neutral lingua franca: touching on topics that interest both.
    You made it sound like the only thing guys discuss between themselves is "guy topics" and the only thing girls discuss between themselves is "girl topics".

Also, that they are at their best behavior which I don't even know what it means but doesn't sound too right.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I really love the variety of exchanges in this thread. ENTPs, ENFPs, and INFPs always move along threads about interpersonal topics quite well since we're all full of Ne ideology.

To answer the OP, I do not have any male friends that are not family. I have never sustained a friendship with a male in my life. I have enjoyed my platonic interactions with them in a variety of environments that forced our congregation (work, school, friend's bfs etc..), but otherwise my contact with men is largely romantic/sexual.

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that this was due to my highly feminine nature. I don't think there is anything masculine about me aside from my well developed Te and ambition. I truly enjoy being a woman and wouldn't have it any other way. Even the most androgynous men will respond sexually to me for this reason.

With that said, I will say that almost all my female friends are T, athletic, logical types (although I refuse to say masculine, because they are all quite beautiful and fashionable). Because I have quite high emotional intelligence I tend to be weary of other F-dom women. They take advantage of my emotionally intuitive and empathetic nature and as said previously lack boundaries (which trust me are useful and incredibly important to maintaining respectful relationships). Women typically lean towards talking about feelings and problems or "connecting". This is draining for me for my well of empathy and support is bottomless. T women don't dwell too long on certain emotions and don't endlessly enlist my emotional support or exploit my intrapersonal/interpersonal insights.

So perhaps my answer to your question is no I don't tend to have better male friendships, but better female friendships with male dominant brains
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by angelhair45 View Post
    I did not expect this to be 20 pages when I woke up this morning, but I am truly fascinated by the conversation so far. If it tells you anything about they way I feel about males, I want to take both the ENTP boys home with me and love them
    Yuck.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Yuck.
    Yeah, that's totally gross and uncalled for.

I mean she can have them all.

DO NOT WANT.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Maybe it's just an N thing...I can't stand most women.