User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i mean that many of us have a preference for personal conversations...dislike the formality of pleasant chit chat and skip ahead to more interesting (to us) types of personal conversations...to anyone...the old woman at the park...or kids or the new person at work...not in that...feed my ego and crave me sexually please way that you made it sound like.
    Oh, no, I didn't mean it that way. It just seems like when someone has a real, automatic interest in a stranger... it can seem... indiscriminate, you know? This is what seems strange to me.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Wow, what a fascinating (and likely apt) observation. The crossing of boundaries by myself and others makes me panicky...
    IDK if it's Fi, but I know my boundaries can be markedly different from other people.

Someone had to tell me not to hug a male friend of mine, as it sent the wrong signal - I was like "What?!" :eek:. I have a habit of hugging the host/hostess, and didn't realize it came off as singling him out . But yet, I am careful not to flirt in the way I see other women do. I also get weirdly private about stuff others see as just fine to share.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

ReflecTcelfeR

i mean that many of us have a preference for personal conversations...dislike the formality of pleasant chit chat and skip ahead to more interesting (to us) types of personal conversations...to anyone...the old woman at the park...or kids or the new person at work...not in that...feed my ego and crave me sexually please way that you made it sound like.
    Of course you did.

It's the depth of the conversation that counts, I agree.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Boundaries are ultimately useless as they only exist because we allow them too... we can destroy them at any time most just choose not too, but this hinders a great deal of learning on everyones part.
    Certainly they have some use?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Oh, no, I didn't mean it that way. It just seems like when someone has a real, automatic interest in a stranger... it can seem... indiscriminate, you know? This is what seems strange to me.
    well equality sort of is isn't it?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

ReflecTcelfeR

Certainly they have some use?
    I suppose I should add the mutual agreement of disregarding boundaries when entering conversations, but I still believe the first part to be true.

MBTI
    ENTP

well equality sort of is isn't it?
    I suppose. I just think about how many billions of people there are in the world and if I tried to pay attention to too many strangers in a way where I tried to connect my head might explode from the sheer complexity of navigating all these personal relationships.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Of course you did.

It's the depth of the conversation that counts, I agree.
    of course i did what? huh?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh, I'm sorry. I mean it is foreign to me. I can't remember really doing that. It seems like my conversations usually involve the transfer of information.

When I see people relating through conversation I wonder what's happening. What are they experiencing? Why do they do it?

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I think he meant it's foreign for him

And that's interesting....I feel my male friends DO relate to me. Maybe I am delusional, but I don't think so . I mean, it helps that these guys are NFs or SFPs & we DO have many common interests and a tendency to like to relate emotionally to people. I've even had an INTP friend relate to me (but admittedly there was a romantic vibe - still, he related! ).
    lol sorry...I misunderstood...

Yeah, Synarch...relating to people comes naturally to me, I mean, I am capable of just exchanging information, but mostly I converse to relate. I don't understand how people can not relate.

And, yeah OrangeAppled, I think it's easier to relate to NF or SF males maybe, but I swear the guy I was talking about who I've been friends with since I was thirteen is actually ISTP, I relate to him ...or at least did much more when we were younger... and there's definitely no romance.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I suppose. I just think about how many billions of people there are in the world and if I tried to pay attention to too many strangers in a way where I tried to connect my head might explode from the sheer complexity of navigating all these personal relationships.
    well you can only be one place at a time.
    -Jim Morrison