Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I've had male friends since I was a small child also. My best guy friend and I have been friends since birth practically. We played together as babies & were penpals when he moved away. I suppose this is why I am familiar with the brother-sister dynamic concept despite not being close to my half-brother.
    I have a pseudo-brother too! I've known him since I was thirteen. He called me from the hospital when his daughter was born.

ReflecTcelfeR

I like asking questions!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well enfps don't really do formalities so much do we? we skip that a whole guarded i don't really know you part a lot...i think...right? sometimes...i don't know..i'm tired. goodnight.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP

That's why I have said on occasion that ENFP's are emotional sluts.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah well fuck that. i am not at all that...some might be but that is not at all what i mean by that.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

ReflecTcelfeR

I think it's healthy to recognize as we live that this planet is shared with others like us, there may not be a direct connection between us, but the fact that a forum comprized of people from different geographical locations can relate so well is evidence of this and xNFP's are great at understanding this.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I have a pseudo-brother too! I've known him since I was thirteen. He called me from the hospital when his daughter was born.
    I just realized something. You guys are relating (you and OrangeAppled), aren't you? See, that is very foreign territory.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    yeah well fuck that. i am not at all that...some might be but that is not at all what i mean by that.
    Oh, just in the sense that they are so open and, um, receptive to the emotions of others?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I just realized something. You guys are relating (you and OrangeAppled), aren't you? See, that is very foreign territory.
    It's not that foreign. We may have disagreed in some threads, but I recall when I first came to this site and I thought I was just a hardass INFP, I related to her more than some of the other INFPs.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I think XNFPs can be really bad at gauging boundaries and appropriate signals. There are several threads already on the forum specifically about XNFPs attracting the wrong kind of attention, etc. INFPs moreso than ENFPs, I think partially because introversion makes you more receptive/likely target to and of peoples energies and advances.
    While I think this is true sometimes, I also think that NFPs can be very aware of non-tangible clues, like "emotional vibes" & that sort of thing. I can usually sense when a guy finds me attractive - I just tend to become too humble/insecure to ever initiate even when I get clear vibes. In a friend situation, I'd take care to make it clear I don't have any romantic interest if I got that feeling (and yes, I have done that before).

For me, the thing with the weirdos latching on has more to do with misplaced pity/compassion than not being aware of their intentions.

I am also not one to flirt without some genuine interest & tend to send aloof/disinterested signals to men, even unintentionally when I do find them attractive.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe