User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Lightbulb The NF's Writer's/Artist's Block Support Group

Normally I have such great ideas just popping up out of everywhere. Today is not one of those days. When I have one of those "off" days where I can't think up any unique, innovative, interesting ideas for a story or for artwork, I begin to worry that I will never have another bright idea ever again.

But, I DO find that most of my creativity is stimulated when I'm around people who are equally or more creative than myself. That is why I've created this thread. So, if one of us is feeling that block, the people who are not feeling that block can come offer up some ideas.

So, basically this thread is for:

a) Complaining that you have no good ideas and seeking some help.
    b) Offering up some good ideas.
    c)...There's not really a c, I just thought there should be more options.

Okay, so here's my two cents. Like I've said earlier, this is an off-day for me. But, I really feel like writing something. I just don't know what. I can't find a good string of word usage, or an interesting image or story or whatever! I don't know what to do!

Help anyone?

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

This is what I usually do: get something that happened in your life, preferably something important and unexpected. Then write that memory down and change a few things. Then try to find out what your life had been like iif that truly happened, make it a little bit more extreme and make up a story around that situation. Then keep changing things, until you barely recognize that memory and you have an amazing story.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by musicnerd93 View Post
    Normally I have such great ideas just popping up out of everywhere. Today is not one of those days. When I have one of those "off" days where I can't think up any unique, innovative, interesting ideas for a story or for artwork, I begin to worry that I will never have another bright idea ever again.

But, I DO find that most of my creativity is stimulated when I'm around people who are equally or more creative than myself. That is why I've created this thread. So, if one of us is feeling that block, the people who are not feeling that block can come offer up some ideas.

So, basically this thread is for:

a) Complaining that you have no good ideas and seeking some help.
    b) Offering up some good ideas.
    c)...There's not really a c, I just thought there should be more options.

Okay, so here's my two cents. Like I've said earlier, this is an off-day for me. But, I really feel like writing something. I just don't know what. I can't find a good string of word usage, or an interesting image or story or whatever! I don't know what to do!

Help anyone?
    I read something about EEG (machine that measures 'brain waves') readings, that creativity comes from a relaxed brain state (different from physical relaxation). I won't bore you with the details but there are different levels of mental alertness and there are certain combinations of brain waves that go with creativity. Writers block is believed to come from being unable to reach a certain relaxed mental state.

You should try relaxation techniques like meditation or yoga. If this is too new age for you I have something that used to work for me when I had to write essays for uni under pressure and I was crashing out. At night, I would sit in a dark, quiet room (I even closed my eyes), sit very still somewhere comfortable and listen to classical music on some headphones. If you just let the music carry you away for 30-45 minutes or so, your mind quiets (and this never happens for me otherwise) - afterwards you feel amazing and the words just come. Admittedly, this sounds rather lame but there is something about classical music that just inherently accesses something deep and pure inside you and relaxes you in the most remarkable way. If you are not a particular fan of classical music I could suggest a couple of user-friendly pieces. Believe me its worth a try.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

That sounds strange, I'm always extremely creative when I'm stressed and less when I'm not.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

My photography has been in a slump lately. I haven't had a "wow!" photo in a while.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Those are some good ideas! I shall remember those.