12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default I just read about ENFP shadow functions

So I read about the shadow functions of an ENFP. Berens believes they can emerge under stress. Apparently Ni Fe Ti and Se are the four that can emerge. I feel like I've been functioning in Ni Fe and Ti for quite a few years now. The past 5 or so years have been unbelievably stressful so it makes sense. Recently I have made changes in my outlook and have fallen back into more typical ENFP functions and I feel much happier, and comfortable.

Anyone with similar experience?

Does it feel like a calm protective wall that isolates you from the external world-but leaves you alone at the same time, somewhat numb?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

like ESTP shadow functions that leave a person EMOTING... its horribly undignified
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    like ESTP shadow functions that leave a person EMOTING... its horribly undignified

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I think it's kind of a rule that Feelers are somewhat horrified to be acting like a Thinker and vice versa in a way...

and thanks!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by angelhair45 View Post
    So I read about the shadow functions of an ENFP. Berens believes they can emerge under stress. Apparently Ni Fe Ti and Se are the four that can emerge. I feel like I've been functioning in Ni Fe and Ti for quite a few years now. The past 5 or so years have been unbelievably stressful so it makes sense. Recently I have made changes in my outlook and have fallen back into more typical ENFP functions and I feel much happier, and comfortable.

Anyone with similar experience?
    Yep

There is a book on this topic called "Beside Ourselves" which is about eruptions of the inferior. It's a very good read. From Amazon.com:

"We have all experienced times when we felt out of character or "beside ourselves," acting in unexpected or inconsistent ways. And we have all witnessed equally confusing behavior in other people. BESIDE OURSELVES explores the hidden or unfamiliar side of personality, also known as the inferior function, which surfaces when we are fatigued, ill, under stress, or otherwise "beside ourselves."

Using Jungian psychological type theory as a framework to unravel and explain this fascinating and often confusing side of human personality, Naomi Quenk argues that the inferior function is not abnormal, but rather a natural and healthy part of personality that can lead to enriched understanding and increased personal growth and development. She deftly reveals how the part of personality that often looks and feels off center is, in fact, adaptive and helpful to overall functioning. Her positive message inspires readers to explore this new and exciting part of themselves, which results in increased personal and interpersonal effectiveness."

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Interesting. I will have to check that book out.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Well, I've had a few very stressful years in the past and I was definately like an INFJ. There was no E or P left of me, just the NF part. I believe I did a test back then that said I was INFJ too.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I go mostly to Te mode when stressed out.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yeah, when I stressed I acted like an infj. But, I notice when I don't feed the beast, I acted in my typical enfp way.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath