User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Default How did you decide your favorite color(s)?

I am having great difficulty figuring out why I can not make these sorts of decisions. I am curious as to the process(es) you employ, and hope to glean whether this is a common type quirk, or something I just happen to have trouble with on my own.

-Can you look at a color and immediately, without thinking, respond, "Yes, I like this" or "No, I do not like this" for no other reason than "I just do/n't?"
    -Do you consciously associate certain colors with physical objects/memories/ideas, and decide you like them based on your interest/affinity for said associations?
    -Do colors generate in you "feelings" that you like/dislike and so decide to like/dislike the color because of it?

Is your likeness for a color mood dependent? If so, questions 1, 2, and 3 are still applicable. I would also like to know to which degree this process is a conscious one for you; are you always absolutely aware of why you like something?

Thank you.

Phantonym

Aside from blue, to which I have always felt drawn to ever since I can remember, liking other colours I come across is absolutely dependent on my mood at that particular moment. I can't, for the life of me, give a list of favourites because naming only one feels too limiting. Blue is definitely at the top but other colours are on the same level until I come across a single colour or a combination that draws me in at any moment and that is ever-changing.

What I like is always connected to a certain feeling and I don't think it is even conscious, it's as if I don't even need to think why I like anything, I just enjoy the feeling I get and it can be very intense. But yes, it is something that happens immediately and it doesn't have a lasting effect.

I can't really say that I associate certain colours with anything, I might get a sort of a nostalgic feeling when I come across a colour that once gave me an intense feeling, but it's not really linked to any specific object. However, I've always "felt" that weekdays have colours, but I can't recall any other instances that could be considered as synesthesia.

MBTI
    INFJ

I don't think I ever decided what my favorite colors are. I just can't seem to help buying things that are purple or green. heh
    I've always loved purple ever since I was a kid, always had purple clothes so I don't think I ever chose it I guess I was just drawn to it.
    I started to like turquoise a lot a couple years ago, again I just felt drawn to it, certain shades of bluish green just feel very healing to me.
    And I was never big on green but recently I've been drawn to that too, idk I just look at those colors and feel peaceful. But I like being peaceful. Other people may enjoy colors that make them feel energized like red or orange, but those feel too bright and intense to me personally.

...oh and black. I really appreciate black, again I just feel drawn to that shade. I tried to stop wearing so much black a couple of times in the past so people would stop calling me "goth" or "emo" but now I love it, like Johnny Cash's song The Man In Black. Black just reflects my personal world view, that I embrace the dark side of life --not to sound corny! in a jungian philosophical way

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I've never been able to pick a favorite color. It varies greatly, but I'm not sure what causes me to favor one color over another at a certain time. When I try and say my favorites this is how my brain kind of works:

Well I don't like yellow, unless it's a really nice yellow, but yellow is my least favorite. Then orange. I don't like orange much, but I do like that orange shirt... Okay, black, white, brown, grey, not much of an opinion, they usually bore me, though I do like brown clothing. Okay now my favorites. Hmm, which one? Purple, no Blue, no Red. I love red! Oh but I love green too, oh especially teal and the color of grass, oh and pink. I love pink, even though I used to hate it. Okay, I think I like all colors the same. Except for yellow... oh and orange....
    So after writing all that out, I see I am just really indecisive

MBTI
    INFP

i gravitate to purples and blues, usually not even aware of the choice I made until after. the colors just feel safe and secure to me

I also love these combinations:
    black and white
    Green and purple

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I like any color as long as its in a bright, eye-popping shade!

Just...not pink. Brings back bad memories...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

For me, it is context-dependent. There is no one color I like always and everywhere.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I usually have strong opinions about color. If I need to paint my room, I will take a long time to decide the right color. It depends; colors serve a functional purpose too. Say, for my room, I wouldn't want it too bright as it'd hurt my eyes and distract me. I wouldn't want it to be dull like a very plain shade of beige as it'd be depressing/boring. In correlation with the other furniture.

If I am wearing the color, I have a good sense of what is good for me. Dark forest green, dark reddish purple, darkish red, black...

Also, if it's for my room, it depends on what mood I want to convey.
    I am not a blue-color person, it's more of a 'cold' color imo. I like warmer, more passionate shades. My feelings associated with colors is mostly unconscious as colors is not new to my mental/emotional construction, have been seeing them since birth so I have a couple of loves, a couple of likes, neutral ones, dislike, major dislike. And these feelings change every so often depending on a variety of things.

So, aesthetic appeal, functional appeal, moods/feelings/current associations...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE

Pastel pink
    Most shades of purple
    and Black.

I have lots of elaborate schemas built around these three categories. In my case, the ideas came first the preference and the severe attachment came later.

I anthropomorphize colors, so they are like... characters and dispositions, if you like.

I'm allergic to orange and most shades of yellow. And blue simply annoys me. I've fantasized becoming the "blue jeans"-sniper.
    Wearing blue jeans? You die. -Snipe-.

Its like a uniform.

Oh, that, and grey sweatpants. What a horrid modern contraption.

Its said that ENFPs while externally accepting are secretely judgmental, especially once we're certain of having determined the potential of our objects of interest.

Such is my particular shade of insanity: I can easily judge others according to my inner unfalsifiable system. And if they complain, they merely dont see the associations I see.

..both cruel and conceptually shallow. Yay for felt-meaning.

"Neurotic, ha!"
    I let out a scornful laugh.
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell.
    I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days.
    "

— Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

In a lot of cases, i'm drawn to the color green. It catches my eye like something shiny sparks the interest of a ferret. I can feel the same toward red some of the time, but it doesn't affect what i invest in. My hairbrush, phone, and laptop are green. There is just something that is so aesthetically appeasing about it.

On the opposing team, i typically can't stand the color yellow.

There's no defining moment that set off my preference on colors that i can recall.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance