User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't have a favorite color! I've always felt really stupid when people ask me, like, how can you not know? But I just don't have favorites.

-Can you look at a color and immediately, without thinking, respond, "Yes, I like this" or "No, I do not like this" for no other reason than "I just do/n't?"
    Well, I know what I don't like. I do like a lot of different colors, but, as someone else pointed out, I like them in different contexts. So, ... yes and no.

[quote]-Do you consciously associate certain colors with physical objects/memories/ideas, and decide you like them based on your interest/affinity for said associations?[/quote

No. But I do associate different moods with different colors. Blue is calming. Bright pink is fun and dreamy. Yellow makes me happy. And so on.

-Do colors generate in you "feelings" that you like/dislike and so decide to like/dislike the color because of it?
    Okay, yeah. This is what I was getting at.

Is your likeness for a color mood dependent? If so, questions 1, 2, and 3 are still applicable. I would also like to know to which degree this process is a conscious one for you; are you always absolutely aware of why you like something?
    No, not completely mood dependent.

ReflecTcelfeR

Colors alone aren't that appealing, but when they combine (usually in pairs) they can be brilliant. My personal favorites are [Blue-Yellow], [Blue-Brown], and [Red-Silver]... they compliment each other very well.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

-Can you look at a color and immediately, without thinking, respond, "Yes, I like this" or "No, I do not like this" for no other reason than "I just do/n't?"

Yes. I have a pretty refined sense of what I think looks good and rarely do I have to stop & question. I tend to have immediate visceral responses. I can intellectually reason it out, but I don't often do unless it's to apply the idea to something else.

-Do you consciously associate certain colors with physical objects/memories/ideas, and decide you like them based on your interest/affinity for said associations?

No. I tend to be drawn to what is new over what is familiar. In fact, I get bored with the same old thing. I go through what I call "color phases" where I'm drawn to a certain shades or color schemes for awhile and then I get burnt out & move on.

-Do colors generate in you "feelings" that you like/dislike and so decide to like/dislike the color because of it?

There is one color I respond to this way: blue. There are blues I like very much, but they tend to be indigo (violet blues) or very green blues. Baby blue & royal blue are YUCK. It seems almost everyone's favorite color is blue, and that is partly why I grew to dislike it - it felt cliche & typical. I noted this as a child, and even now I have some bias against blue. I also noticed a tendency for erm, trashy & less intelligent people to like those shades of blue, and that made me dislike those blues even more. Blue came to seem...less refined, less unique, less imaginative than other colors. Add to that the fact that I was never drawn to it visually to begin with.

Is your likeness for a color mood dependent?

Sometimes. I tend to choose what I want to wear based on how I feel first, and then what makes sense second. I suppose my color phases mentioned above have something to do with mood, but they can last months to years.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

Gray isn't the only color I like, but it's my "favorite" color because I associate it with my identity, my personal philosophy on how I should live my life. Being a neutral, gray is neither masculine nor feminine. While some people associate black with death, suffering, unhappiness. It's counter, white, represents purity, goodness and gentleness. Thus, I prefer gray, however, because it does not neglect to consider either positive or negative perspective or value one ideal over the other. It blends them elegantly and calmly in to create its own unique shades.

God, I'm such a Four.

Essentially, you just make something up about why a color is important to you. More self-representative than the others, I mean to say.

"Why had he never appreciated what a miracle he was, brain and nerve and bounding heart?"

My favorite color has always been red from the time I was very little. I don't remember ever consciously thinking about it. The only thing I can speculate is that Speed Racer was my favorite show and there was a lot of red in the show's palette. I know for a fact that Speed Racer is why my favorite number has always been 5, so it's reasonable.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I like yellow because it is sunny and makes me fee happy.

I like blue because it is cool and soothing.

I like green because it reminds me of the grass and the trees that I love.

I like brown because it is warm and undemanding.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ

Certain colors just feel right. They make me happy and comfortable. I liked cools a bit more as a kid. But now I'd say the colors I like most are earth tones and warms. Shades of green and orange are typically my favorites overall. I like warm browns over black. I HATE with a passion pinks and purples and I dislike many shades of yellow. Maybe it's because I'm not feminine, dunno. I can accept the icky colors if they are paired up properly... such as a dark green with a pale pink.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I just look at it and then I feel it. Simple.

I prefer intense and deep colors.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Tabula View Post
    I am having great difficulty figuring out why I can not make these sorts of decisions. I am curious as to the process(es) you employ, and hope to glean whether this is a common type quirk, or something I just happen to have trouble with on my own.

-Do you consciously associate certain colors with physical objects/memories/ideas, and decide you like them based on your interest/affinity for said associations?

Is your likeness for a color mood dependent? If so, questions 1, 2, and 3 are still applicable. I would also like to know to which degree this process is a conscious one for you; are you always absolutely aware of why you like something?

Thank you.
    Yes- there is psychology to color, which will vary for different individuals. I think our choices of color relates also to certain memories we 'associate' with color/why. Sorta archetypal like personality but through visual language.

I love the color of pure green. It reminds me of plants in bright sunlight. It's so rich and conveys feelings of growth, longevity, renewal. One of my fav's is light-seagreen- which has a tranquil tropical feel to it like the clear waters of Tahiti (never been there) Just talkin outta mah ass.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

There are really no colors that I dislike, however, I find I am more often than not drawn to purple and orange. They comfort me...