User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's your alignment?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lawful Good

2 4.65%
  • Neutral Good

10 23.26%
  • Chaotic Good

8 18.60%
  • Lawful Neutral

2 4.65%
  • True Neutral

9 20.93%
  • Chaotic Neutral

6 13.95%
  • Lawful Evil

2 4.65%
  • Neutral Evil

0 0%
  • Chaotic Evil

1 2.33%
  • Fuck if I know/Other

3 6.98%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Chaotic Neutral.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by SNUGGLETRON View Post
    neutral, with some neutral good and neutral evil shifts.

I think it needs to be understood that good, evil, law, and chaos in terms of the standard D&D axises are very pronounced. There is more contrast between the alignments because they are clearly defined (in most fantasy settings). In reality, these alignments are much more subtle, not epic, and situational.

Are you philosophically alignment x, or are you just openly practicing that particular alignment for one reason or another? Good and Evil can be blurred sometimes. But the basic thing to remember is that good = selflessness and evil = selfishness. Most people will be both in shades of grey. No one has a true alignment, unless you consider a true alignment the one that the individual falls into most often, just his or her mbti type.
    It's all a matter of perspective. Everyone has their own conceptions of what "good" and "evil" are, but likewise, they are all motivated by fundamental things such as self-preservation and altruism. Generally, what is considered to be harmful to society as a whole is "evil", while being self-servile in lieu of helping society is "evil". But these things may be interchanged, especially if people don't actually know what's ethical. Objective morality is a sham.

To compound the issue, there is no universal ethical standard that can be used in all situations, though people will tell you there could be. It's all contingent upon the culture, and culture is simply a way of engendering learned behavior.

Even this test is contextual, as it is based on things of that sort...

Chaotic Neutral (accidentally voted Chaotic Good)

Chaotic Neutral

A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn’t strive to protect others’ freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. The chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). The common phrase for chaotic neutral is "true chaotic." Remember that the chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom both from society’s restrictions and from a do-gooder’s zeal.

MBTI
    ISFJ

To be fair I'd consider myself more Chaotic Good than Neutral Good, but if people truthfully answered the questions in the test I last took I doubt most would get chaotic.

To be truly chaotic it requires lots of balls in the dungeons and dragons universe. Besides, I'm never chaotic just to spite people. Only when the rules make no sense.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    To be fair I'd consider myself more Chaotic Good than Neutral Good, but if people truthfully answered the questions in the test I last took I doubt most would get chaotic.

To be truly chaotic it requires lots of balls in the dungeons and dragons universe. Besides, I'm never chaotic just to spite people. Only when the rules make no sense.
    Not balls. A penchant for experimenting with reckless abandon, always trusting that the result will be something that's interesting or beneficial.

I want to use a spit wad on the random guard there... this should be interesting. *rolls dice*

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm a Paladin, whatever that means, I think it's lawful good. :/
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

ReflecTcelfeR

Elf, or...Fey?

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Okay, so I got Chaotic Good

...I'm somewhat disturbed at the fact that there's so many House motivationals for Chaotic Good in google image search...Especially after the man shoulders thread. Coincidence?
    "People in glass houses shouldn't use Windex when living near bird sanctuaries."- myself

"We are never alone my friend. We are constantly in the company of victories, losses, strengths and weaknesses. Make no mistake, life is war...and war is hell. Those who fight the hardest will suffer the most...but that's what you have to do: Fight. As long as you're feeling pain, then there's hope...because only the dead do not suffer." -RD Metcalf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    I'm a Paladin, whatever that means, I think it's lawful good. :/
    yes, being LG is a requirement for being a paladin.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_400 View Post
    ...I'm somewhat disturbed at the fact that there's so many House motivationals for Chaotic Good in google image search...Especially after the man shoulders thread. Coincidence?
    House is a Chaotic Neutral. When is he driven to acomplish good? He's not "good" at all, tough he's not evil anymore because he does'nt kill his patients.

Lawful Good: Foreman
    Lawful Neutral: Cuddy
    Lawful Evil: Voegler, Treater

Neutral Good: Wilson
    Neutral: Chase
    Neutral Evil: Amber

Chaotic Good: Cameron
    Chaotic Neutral: House
    Chaotic Evil: ?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    House is a Chaotic Neutral. When is he driven to acomplish good? He's not "good" at all, tough he's not evil anymore because he does'nt kill his patients.

Lawful Good: Foreman
    Lawful Neutral: Cuddy
    Lawful Evil: Voegler, Treater

Neutral Good: Wilson
    Neutral: Chase
    Neutral Evil: Amber

Chaotic Good: Cameron
    Chaotic Neutral: House
    Chaotic Evil: ?
    LOL! I didn't say he was, I just said there's a lot of motivationals with him in it marked as CG. I saw a debate on House characters' alignment in another forum when I did the search. It got ugly...

:backs slowly away from the powder keg:
    RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
    :runs screaming from this thread:
    "People in glass houses shouldn't use Windex when living near bird sanctuaries."- myself

"We are never alone my friend. We are constantly in the company of victories, losses, strengths and weaknesses. Make no mistake, life is war...and war is hell. Those who fight the hardest will suffer the most...but that's what you have to do: Fight. As long as you're feeling pain, then there's hope...because only the dead do not suffer." -RD Metcalf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]