User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Do do do your dirty words come out to play when you are hurt?

I noticed this about myself... I dont always follow through, but when someone hurts me I have an insatiable desire to hurt them back equally or say something back to crush them equally.

I wonder how many types do this, I would assume this is a mostly NF thing. The NTs I have dealt with can be nasty too but they don't ever seem to get hurt and want to hurt back the same way I have seen NF's.

I wonder where this stems from aside form immaturity I mean, some people need to bite back.
    Ground control to Major Tom

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'll cut you.

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    I noticed this about myself... I dont always follow through, but when someone hurts me I have an insatiable desire to hurt them back equally or say something back to crush them equally.

I wonder how many types do this, I would assume this is a mostly NF thing. The NTs I have dealt with can be nasty too but they don't ever seem to get hurt and want to hurt back the same way I have seen NF's.

I wonder where this stems from aside form immaturity I mean, some people need to bite back.
    I only recall doing this on one occasion. I was extremely drunk and apologized the next day, but the damage was irreversible. I really went for the jugular.

I think unhealthy NF's have the ability to detect a person's emotional pressure points and mutilate them from the inside. Usually, my empathy will stop me, but if my feelings are intense enough and my inhibitions are lowered, I will try to inflict as much pain as possible.

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

There's certain things that should be left unsaid!

Next time, be Bulletproof.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

I thought by "dirty words" you mean flat out cussing someone out. Hehe.

But yeah, when I'm backed into a corner by someone who seems to really really want me to get mad at him/her, I attack. And yeah, I somehow seem to know what to say to make it hurt real bad.

(I'm not exactly proud of that. Tears. )
    Yes, I take it with no cream and no sugar.

And yes, some of us drink it bitter.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post

You said it . it's immature.. It's silly and in most cases it's not equal but goes overboard.

Phantonym

Yeah, I can get that way as well. For me it's not even about hurting the other person but to get that every bit of frustration out of myself for eeeeverybody and especially the person who hurt me to see how hurt I really am. It's like I have blinders on when I reach that point because usually I can deal with it on my own.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Hmmm....yes, if I'm feeling hurt, I can cut deep.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Oh yes. But normally I don't act on my desire. Sometimes, however, I've definitely "pulled out the knife" in retaliation with a perceived slight.

Not Esoteric Wench at her best. <Sigh.>

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

No; anger is an emotion I don't really experience, and I can't relate to 'getting back' at people.

I also can't think of the last time I was hurt. Yes, I might be upset or bothered by someone's decision and how it impacts me, but that's their prerogative.

(I'm being serious.)

Maybe I've got a glitch in my brain paths and I don't get angry when I 'should' get angry. *shrug* I'm not a pushover, and if something is bothering me I need to discuss it with the person; however, I don't even want to do any discussing until I've really thought about it and can approach it in a calm manner..you know, so as to have an actual discussion.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ