User Tag List

First 234

Results 31 to 39 of 39

  1. #31
    Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj
    Posts
    2,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    To those who have posted here and those yet to come:

    Do you find yourselves starting the arguments, or are you usually antagonized first? When the regret of lashing out occurs is it because you realize the statement that they made wasn't as harsh as the retaliation you made? If this last question is true how quickly do you rebuild the relationship with the one in which you had the argument with?
    I'm usually antagonized first and don't react until i know it is intentional and a concerted effort.
    I don't tend to lash out unless i feel exceptionally threatened so i don't tend to regret it. Sometimes it happens with people i date and i'll explain to them why i felt threatened etc.
    Sometimes it will take anywhere from six months to a few years to rebuild. A lot of the time, both parties need to alter aspects of themselves and detach from one another. I had this happen with an INTP who became controlling over me in the absence of his ex, so i lashed out at him. Three years later we are rebuilding, but it was warranted and necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Maybe.

    Also I can come as "rude" towards you without you pushing any buttons (if you must know). The reason why I am in this therad is exactly because I have seen Fs "exploding" around me so many times and in so many different ways.
    Well you are an INTJ. They have this nice built-in 'rude'ness system like a Terminator. It's simply in your programming and some can understand that, while others cannot.
    How do you feel you are rude without having your buttons pushed?
    Would you say any of the F-explosions you witnessed were effective or warranted?
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man


    .:: DWTWD ::.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

    There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

  2. #32
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    Hmmmm... does it tend to be a direct attack, or more passive-aggressive? I suppose do you just shout the flaw, or do you antagonize them with something that represents the flaw within them that you perceive? I ask because a very good NF friend of mine seems to have become more aggressive towards me. He has identified himself as an INFP and he just seems to criticize every physical flaw about me. It annoys me, but doesn't really offend me... unless I'm tired then everything does. I suppose I'm wondering how close I am to a tactical strike. If this is a sign, or no.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Xellotath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    181

    Default

    I didn't know that it was an ENFP thing!

    Yes, I am horrified of lashing out when I'm hurt. In fact there has never been a time where I have gone "yes, that explosive reaction there was 100% justified!" In fact once I'm done verbally crucifying the person, I always temporarily indulge in the childish "I wish I had a time machine so I could fix everything" fantasy.

    It's like I'm horrified at having revealed my fangs at all. And I know that there's a very serious possibility that the other person will be incredibly well-guarded against me, ruining all of the "potential" for anything and everything. And if I exploded without reason, they would have caught a glimpse of just how fast I put things together, in which case I would be branded as paranoid - a stigma that could take years to clear up.

    My guess is that an FJ would probably deal with the sense of potential finality better. But as for me, the cooldown after an explosion is like waking up in a viper's nest. (apologies to snake lovers)

    "Neurotic, ha!"
    I let out a scornful laugh.
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell.
    I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days.
    "

    — Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar.

  4. #34
    Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj
    Posts
    2,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Hmmmm... does it tend to be a direct attack, or more passive-aggressive? I suppose do you just shout the flaw, or do you antagonize them with something that represents the flaw within them that you perceive? I ask because a very good NF friend of mine seems to have become more aggressive towards me. He has identified himself as an INFP and he just seems to criticize every physical flaw about me. It annoys me, but doesn't really offend me... unless I'm tired then everything does. I suppose I'm wondering how close I am to a tactical strike. If this is a sign, or no.
    For me, it depends on the relationship and the extent of what they are doing. I'd venture to say it is initially passive-aggressive. If the behavior persists, it will become a direct attack.
    Were i you, i'd confront him. Ask if there is an issue and explain that you've noticed remarks that you aren't offended by, but find rather annoying. Most of the INFPs i've known have attempted to offend, but could never quite find the buttons. It could be what's going on or he is just projecting.

    As far as i know, ENFJ vs INFP tactical strikes are quite different. They don't tend to be seek and destroy missiles as much as my kind of folks do.
    Anyone- correct me if i'm wrong. I'm curious.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man


    .:: DWTWD ::.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

    There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

  5. #35
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    Well you are an INTJ. They have this nice built-in 'rude'ness system like a Terminator. It's simply in your programming and some can understand that, while others cannot.
    How do you feel you are rude without having your buttons pushed?
    Would you say any of the F-explosions you witnessed were effective or warranted?

    1. To quote my NF mother from a few days ago. "You are are a black hole that sucks every joy out of people and events". The thing is that I am capable of talking to a person over an hour without saying anything personal.
    So Fs are likely to feel cornered when they are around me. However I am just doing my thing and persuing what interests me.
    However I did something about this since my own INTJness told me that this is not good. So it does not happen that much anymore.

    Also I can take someones beliefs apart and return them in pieces.


    Actually I have realized that when an F explodes it is offten best to argue with them so that they can vent. Since if I remain calm and logical they will not forget the incident anytime soon. (what is often not strategically wise)


    2. It is really hard to effect me with emotions (especially negative ones)
    So emotional attacks are quite unlikely to work if you want to upset me.
    Actually I can come as a really cold bastard sometimes.


    For example I remember when a few years back my parents told me that the neighbour that watched over me when I was something like 6 ended in hospital becuse of problems with her heart.
    While I responed simply with "OK" and countined to pursue my interests.


    Also a few years back one boy I knew pretty well was smashed into pieces by a truck. However I came to funeral and faked empathy/sympathy directly into faces of the parents since I didn't feel particulary bad (or good) because of this.


    Another example is when my ESFJ grandmother fell a few years back.
    So when she was saying how it all happened to rest of the family I have accused her for BS-ing. Since laws of physics make her dramatic story quite unlikely. (what did upset some people)


    So as you can see I am quite likely to annoy Fs. I don't do this "deliberatly" but it happens since I value the truth. I simply don't pay that much attention to emotional aspects of things so Fs get annoyed and/or scared sometimes around me.


    Plus because of Te I am not that much passive. So it is no wonder that I can come across as a sociopath to people that have met me face to face.

  6. #36
    Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj
    Posts
    2,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    1. To quote my NF mother from a few days ago. "You are are a black hole that sucks every joy out of people and events". The thing is that I am capable of talking to a person over an hour without saying anything personal.
    So Fs are likely to feel cornered when they are around me. However I am just doing my thing and persuing what interests me.
    However I did something about this since my own INTJness told me that this is not good. So it does not happen that much anymore.

    Also I can take someones beliefs apart and return them in pieces.

    Actually I have realized that when an F explodes it is offten best to argue with them so that they can vent. Since if I remain calm and logical they will not forget the incident anytime soon. (what is often not strategically wise)
    Does mommy-Antisocial-one have a more specific type? You may have mentioned somewhere, as i remember you mentioning that specific sentiment before.
    I've noticed this a lot with INTJs, actually. They compartmentalize fantastically. This is something that absolutely baffles most NFs because facts and feelings are welded together. When we observe someone who can separate them both and continue it for extended periods of time, it's as if they are purposely keeping things from us or themselves. In reality, it can just be their default mode and they are fine.

    As for the arguing, i'd say that is smart if you are correct in your assessments. For a lot of NFs, it will still infuriate the hell out of them until they can calm and process.

    2. It is really hard to effect me with emotions (especially negative ones)
    So emotional attacks are quite unlikely to work if you want to upset me.
    Actually I can come as a really cold bastard sometimes.

    For example I remember when a few years back my parents told me that the neighbour that watched over me when I was something like 6 ended in hospital becuse of problems with her heart.
    While I responed simply with "OK" and countined to pursue my interests.

    Also a few years back one boy I knew pretty well was smashed into pieces by a truck. However I came to funeral and faked empathy/sympathy directly into faces of the parents since I didn't feel particulary bad (or good) because of this.

    Another example is when my ESFJ grandmother fell a few years back.
    So when she was saying how it all happened to rest of the family I have accused her for BS-ing. Since laws of physics make her dramatic story quite unlikely. (what did upset some people)

    So as you can see I am quite likely to annoy Fs. I don't do this "deliberatly" but it happens since I value the truth. I simply don't pay that much attention to emotional aspects of things so Fs get annoyed and/or scared sometimes around me.

    Plus because of Te I am not that much passive. So it is no wonder that I can come across as a sociopath to people that have met me face to face.
    It's interesting. I play both of these fields and can grasp both sides of why it would be annoying or why it isn't emotion-inducing. Personally, i would react as you did to the news of the neighbor and the situation with your grandmother, but not as such in the funeral situation.
    INTJs just don't scream empathy, but Fs will either try to pry it out of them or avoid them due to it. Basically, we infuriate ourselves in doing this.
    What would you say is an ideal place to strike against you? If you don't mind the question
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man


    .:: DWTWD ::.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

    There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

  7. #37
    Senior Member Yloh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    I noticed this about myself... I dont always follow through, but when someone hurts me I have an insatiable desire to hurt them back equally or say something back to crush them equally.

    I wonder how many types do this, I would assume this is a mostly NF thing. The NTs I have dealt with can be nasty too but they don't ever seem to get hurt and want to hurt back the same way I have seen NF's.

    I wonder where this stems from aside form immaturity I mean, some people need to bite back.
    When I get hurt by someone, I feel betrayed. My mind goes like "How dare you hurt me, you must feel my pain".

    Part of it is being hypersensitive mixed with immaturity. As I'm becoming wiser, my mind begins to rationalize the situation and comes up with a reasonable way to respond to hurtful actions.

  8. #38
    Senior Member copperfish17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    712

    Default

    "Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

    Now to be more serious. Okay, so someone hurt you/pissed you off. Why would you stoop to their level by getting back?

    I've done this "lashing out" thing a couple of times when I was younger. Cutting Ti language + Inferior Fe lashing out is a terrible, terrible thing - when I lashed out I had absolutely no remorse, before AND after the act. I trudged on like a bull in a china shop, to put it metaphorically. Needless to say, the lashing out didn't help the relationship in question at all. It never solved any problems. It never gave me the outcome that I desired. It ALWAYS came back to bite me on the ass.

    Getting back is only a "short-term solution" to problems. I've learned this the hard way. I genuinely believe that nothing can be gained from revenge, except the short-term euphoria that comes right after the act. Then again, that euphoria isn't worth the bullsh!t that will likely follow.

    I make it a point not to lash out to people at all - especially with people I care about and share good relationships with. It's almost impossible to anger me in the first place, but it's good to be on the lookout, always.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

    "Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

  9. #39
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    Does mommy-Antisocial-one have a more specific type? You may have mentioned somewhere, as i remember you mentioning that specific sentiment before.
    I've noticed this a lot with INTJs, actually. They compartmentalize fantastically. This is something that absolutely baffles most NFs because facts and feelings are welded together. When we observe someone who can separate them both and continue it for extended periods of time, it's as if they are purposely keeping things from us or themselves. In reality, it can just be their default mode and they are fine.

    As for the arguing, i'd say that is smart if you are correct in your assessments. For a lot of NFs, it will still infuriate the hell out of them until they can calm and process.


    It's interesting. I play both of these fields and can grasp both sides of why it would be annoying or why it isn't emotion-inducing. Personally, i would react as you did to the news of the neighbor and the situation with your grandmother, but not as such in the funeral situation.
    INTJs just don't scream empathy, but Fs will either try to pry it out of them or avoid them due to it. Basically, we infuriate ourselves in doing this.
    What would you say is an ideal place to strike against you? If you don't mind the question

    1. I am pretty sure that my mother is a ENFP.


    2. Acting like a unhealthy SF is quite likely to annoy me. Same works for people that don't have any Jness at all or people with certain political beliefs.
    But in those cases I just calmly walk away and that is it. Since I have along ago realized that arguing with some people us simply pointless.

    However if you want me to explode ..... that is quite unlikely

Similar Threads

  1. What type do you try to look like when you are obviously not?
    By Elfboy in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 09-13-2015, 04:26 AM
  2. Do any of you INTPs behave like ISFPs when you are under stress?
    By Halfjillhalfjack in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-12-2012, 06:32 AM
  3. My words come out backwards
    By King sns in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 01:49 AM
  4. [NF] NF's how rapidly do your emotions change from moment to moment?
    By BerberElla in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 02:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO