User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Many ENFPs will note that you should not back us in a corner.

It is a bad idea. If you push us hard enough, and hurt us deeply enough we can lash out and hurt you horrifically.

Jung pointed out we all carry "complexes" within us that seem to be combinations of unconscious functions. When under stress these unconscious aspects of our personality emerge to defend our egos. After we lash out, most ENFPs feel very remorseful and horrified by the hurt they have caused. It is something we dont tend to repeat often.

But always respect an ENFP if they ask for space or you will get cut.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Orobas I totally agree with you. My ENFP sister is like this.

After we lash out, most ENFPs feel very remorseful and horrified by the hurt they have caused. It is something we dont tend to repeat often.
    Once she has realised she has hurt me (or anyone else for that matter) she is absolutely mortified. I always feel that ENFPs have a lot of bottled up emotion and if you push them enough..my god you will pay for it. And it's actually painful to watch as you know that they don't want to say these things (well this is the case with my ENFP sister anyways).
    "Dad I can't feel my legs."

"That's because you don't have any arms."

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    Many ENFPs will note that you should not back us in a corner.

It is a bad idea. If you push us hard enough, and hurt us deeply enough we can lash out and hurt you horrifically.

Jung pointed out we all carry "complexes" within us that seem to be combinations of unconscious functions. When under stress these unconscious aspects of our personality emerge to defend our egos. After we lash out, most ENFPs feel very remorseful and horrified by the hurt they have caused. It is something we dont tend to repeat often.

But always respect an ENFP if they ask for space or you will get cut.

Examples ?

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I have to be unbelievably hurt throughout a period of time or accosted by someone completely random/rude to throw out the retaliation, but it is intense. It doesn't take me long to weed out where a person's weak spots are, but the courtesy of a civil interaction or a normal level of argument is that i won't tread on those weak spots. It can sound terrible, but they are kept for future reference in a reserve. I've had enough situations where it's been pushed more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    And what if a person is not hurt by anything you say ?
    Then you're doing it wrong.
    I believe everyone has their buttons and you just need to find the correct way to push them. I've had a few people act as if i didn't faze them in the slightest, but gradually deteriorate because of it.
    Also, determining if it is worth the trouble to push those buttons. A number of people won't be selective over who they retaliate on and why. Not taking into account what may be unintentional.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

ReflecTcelfeR

To those who have posted here and those yet to come:

Do you find yourselves starting the arguments, or are you usually antagonized first? When the regret of lashing out occurs is it because you realize the statement that they made wasn't as harsh as the retaliation you made? If this last question is true how quickly do you rebuild the relationship with the one in which you had the argument with?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I have to be pushed really, really hard before I say really mean stuff, usually.

I will snark if I'm cranky or frustrated, though. And I can give a pretty good third degree lecture when provoked.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post

Do you find yourselves starting the arguments, or are you usually antagonized first? When the regret of lashing out occurs is it because you realize the statement that they made wasn't as harsh as the retaliation you made? If this last question is true how quickly do you rebuild the relationship with the one in which you had the argument with?
    I rarely start arguments. I might push other people to start them if I'm frustrated enough by previous events.

As my agenda isn't mostly about hurting the other person as much as I can, I guess I regret lashing out because I realize that it doesn't always have the effect I imagined it would have, the point I wanted to make doesn't get across, so I've created needless drama that doesn't really get me anywhere. Rebuilding the relationship might never happen, but in order for that to happen, some things must have been festering for a very long time. Usually the anger subsides fast, but since I'm awfully stubborn, it might still take a while before things get "normal".

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post

Then you're doing it wrong.
    I believe everyone has their buttons and you just need to find the correct way to push them. I've had a few people act as if i didn't faze them in the slightest, but gradually deteriorate because of it.
    Also, determining if it is worth the trouble to push those buttons. A number of people won't be selective over who they retaliate on and why. Not taking into account what may be unintentional.

Maybe.

Also I can come as "rude" towards you without you pushing any buttons (if you must know). The reason why I am in this therad is exactly because I have seen Fs "exploding" around me so many times and in so many different ways.

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post

Sometimes I start the arguments. Usually they just annoy me and say something and they say something back and it just escalates. I kind of have a short fuse when it comes to my father and my brother. Anytime they talk it bothers me, as horrible as that sounds. And usually I don't regret what I say to them. That sounds so mean. I swear it isn't as bad as it sounds, I guess you'd just have to be there.

If I ever lash out at anyone else though, like friends or my mommy, I usually feel automatically guilty. I usually apologize right after.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I really have to be crushed and caught off guard in order for this to happen, and that takes a lot...

...but in the rare incidence of that happening, yes. I want to hunt them down, find the weakest point of their soul and piece it without mercy, and then walk away so their spirit dies in a lonely fashion.

If they're an impenetrable fortress of carefully constructed "T"-ness, I want to kill their dog.

Do I ever actually DO this? Not really. I always end up listening to them and identifying with them. Blah. LOL.

If very tired and cranky and pushed past my boundaries, or if my privacy is violated, I've been known to publicly dress someone down, exposing things they weren't really aware I even knew about them. But that's in my weakest, most immature moments, and it happens rarely these days.
    I think I think more than you think I think.