• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP Fun

ComplexMind

MBTI Type
INFP
I was wondering what kind of games INFP's like to play. I know I used to play games when I was little but I don't like it very much as an adult because of the competitive tension, socially draining and fear of losing. Do any other INFP's feel that way or is it just me?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never liked games. As a kid I tended to make up my own games, and they were very much like "Calvinball" in that they didn't really have "rules". Rules are stifling.

I still don't like games because of competition and rules. Physical competition makes me worry because then I fear looking stupid, but not losing. I don't care about losing, which means I usually lose :D. There is a "quickness" to some games that sends me spinning - I tend to prefer slower-paced, leisurely activities that are more mental in nature.

In some social settings games are fine if they just serve as a background to conversation. I have some nerd friends who like to get together & play these card games or taboo or something, but it's just an excuse to hang out & talk. The game just fills in for awkward silences.

letsplaytwister

I love word games and various puzzle type things. Those are generally affiliated with INTPs or INTJs, but I've always loved that stuff.

onelovelylove

MBTI Type
INFP
Galaga - old arcade game
Tetris - I play it using facebook Tetris Friends app
Scrabble - I play it on facebook - definite leisurely pace, and words!!

Apples to Apples - fun word card game during parties, it keeps everyone pretty low key and laughing, not too competitive

Let's see.....
Guess Who? and Yahtzee are also pretty fun

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
OK, clearly I'm bucking the trend here by saying I'm extremely competitve. This has always been attributed to my EXTP genes from my Dad's side of the family :D . Its much more of a personal push for success (I don't antagonize my teammates and harrass them for screwing up or anything) and its always very fair play and friendly but I do care a lot about winning. :blush: I think it is a perfectionistic thing; an deep interest in mastery and outdoing myself and others.

As for games I like... I enjoy a wide variety. I particularly like word games (scrabble, upwords, boggle etc) and trivia games (trivial pursuit and pub quizs). Others have mentioned physical games but I'm not sure whether the OP meant to exclude sports (which I also love) or not.

ComplexMind

MBTI Type
INFP
Lol that's funny, the games I'm actually willing to play are all that you all described above. But yea our "T" counterparts can be better players lol

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd have to say my favorite games are Shadow of the Colossus, Portal and Tales of the Abyss. I waste way too much time playing them.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
I was wondering what kind of games INFP's like to play. I know I used to play games when I was little but I don't like it very much as an adult because of the competitive tension, socially draining and fear of losing. Do any other INFP's feel that way or is it just me?

My INFP friend doesn't like playing FPS games =( He questions why we're killing people. :doh:

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
My INFP friend doesn't like playing FPS games =( He questions why we're killing people. :doh:

True story. I once stopped playing Warcraft III because I had to play the Orc campaign and kill elves.
Colleague : Come on, it's just a game
Me : Yeah, and games are supposed to be fun. I don't find that fun :tongue:

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I definitely prefer games that challenge myself as opposed to more competitive ones. I used to bowl a lot and my favourite genre of computer games are RPGs and Turn-based SLGs. Though on FB, it's more word/puzzle games like Scramble

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
lol yes, I do notie myself getting very competitive in games.

Some of my favorites are: Spoons, Taboo, Outburst, Scattergories and "Name That Tune" :p

ComplexMind

MBTI Type
INFP
Oooo Name that tune. I used to love to watch that show on syndication on Game Network

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I enjoy games that involve words or categorizing. For example, my friends and I like to play a drinking game called "Sex, Drugs, and Rock n' Roll", where we all go through the alphabet naming something related to either sex, drugs, or music...so we all start on A until someone messes up, then move on to B, etc. I also like Taboo and that game "Catch Phrase", where you have to get the rest of your group to guess a word/phrase without you actually saying it.

In terms of video games, I like fantasy/RPGs. Final Fantasy is always good, and I saw someone mention Shadow of the Colossus, which is one of my favourite games besides Diablo II. I just finished a Japanese game called Persona 4, which I also loved. I really enjoy games where I can assume the role of another character and relate to him or her on any level.

Talisyn

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9-1
Apples to Apples - fun word card game during parties, it keeps everyone pretty low key and laughing, not too competitive
I LOVE Apples!! =)

Scatagories is awesome tooo

I also play some RPG'S and puzzle games, rockband, dominoes, some card games... but not uber competitive like...

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I liked playing nearly every game someone could offer actually. Of course some more than others. Be it card games, board games, and obviously computer / console games (here I am more picky though). I had no problem here with competitive aspects. I cannot even remember all the games names, so I won't name any examples :)

I hated of course physical activities/games, because I am/was not really physically powerful and ended up always being one of the worst / the worst. Football was ok, but no other sports...

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
i always liked Scrabble, Chess, Checkers, Stratego,
but my favourites, somewhat unpopular..
Imaginiff and Loaded Questions

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
D&D/Table-Top RPGs, FPS/Shooters, Horror games

I'll try most anything though

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I love playing games. Board games, word games, pool, pinball etc. etc. I like to win. I either get hooked on a game until I am very good at it or I lose all interest in it.