User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: INFP Fun

MBTI
    INFP

Default INFP Fun

I was wondering what kind of games INFP's like to play. I know I used to play games when I was little but I don't like it very much as an adult because of the competitive tension, socially draining and fear of losing. Do any other INFP's feel that way or is it just me?
    If there is any hope for the world it can only be in small acts of personal kindness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I've never liked games. As a kid I tended to make up my own games, and they were very much like "Calvinball" in that they didn't really have "rules". Rules are stifling.

I still don't like games because of competition and rules. Physical competition makes me worry because then I fear looking stupid, but not losing. I don't care about losing, which means I usually lose . There is a "quickness" to some games that sends me spinning - I tend to prefer slower-paced, leisurely activities that are more mental in nature.

In some social settings games are fine if they just serve as a background to conversation. I have some nerd friends who like to get together & play these card games or taboo or something, but it's just an excuse to hang out & talk. The game just fills in for awkward silences.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

I love word games and various puzzle type things. Those are generally affiliated with INTPs or INTJs, but I've always loved that stuff.

MBTI
    INFP

Galaga - old arcade game
    Tetris - I play it using facebook Tetris Friends app
    Scrabble - I play it on facebook - definite leisurely pace, and words!!

Apples to Apples - fun word card game during parties, it keeps everyone pretty low key and laughing, not too competitive

Let's see.....
    Guess Who? and Yahtzee are also pretty fun

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

OK, clearly I'm bucking the trend here by saying I'm extremely competitve. This has always been attributed to my EXTP genes from my Dad's side of the family . Its much more of a personal push for success (I don't antagonize my teammates and harrass them for screwing up or anything) and its always very fair play and friendly but I do care a lot about winning. I think it is a perfectionistic thing; an deep interest in mastery and outdoing myself and others.

As for games I like... I enjoy a wide variety. I particularly like word games (scrabble, upwords, boggle etc) and trivia games (trivial pursuit and pub quizs). Others have mentioned physical games but I'm not sure whether the OP meant to exclude sports (which I also love) or not.

MBTI
    INFP

Lol that's funny, the games I'm actually willing to play are all that you all described above. But yea our "T" counterparts can be better players lol
    If there is any hope for the world it can only be in small acts of personal kindness

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I'd have to say my favorite games are Shadow of the Colossus, Portal and Tales of the Abyss. I waste way too much time playing them.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexMind View Post
    I was wondering what kind of games INFP's like to play. I know I used to play games when I was little but I don't like it very much as an adult because of the competitive tension, socially draining and fear of losing. Do any other INFP's feel that way or is it just me?
    My INFP friend doesn't like playing FPS games =( He questions why we're killing people.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    My INFP friend doesn't like playing FPS games =( He questions why we're killing people.
    True story. I once stopped playing Warcraft III because I had to play the Orc campaign and kill elves.
    Colleague : Come on, it's just a game
    Me : Yeah, and games are supposed to be fun. I don't find that fun
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INFP

Scrabble, cribbage